Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also autofire not working when holding select A+B

I had the same problem, the way its written in the program it seems like you hit all 3 at once, you actually hold select and a to turn a to turbo

and or select and b to turn b to turbofire

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem, the way its written in the program it seems like you hit all 3 at once, you actually hold select and a to turn a to turbo

and or select and b to turn b to turbofire
Thanks my friend. Now its working perfectly.

Last edited by Lion83,
Reactions: TxFxL

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The folders are there to keep it from having any problems. If you don't want folders don't put on more than 90 games or so IIRC.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually on his faq he says he created a few of them himself, if they weren't available elsewhere. But basically they seem to be for games that used similar mappers to begin with.
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/FAQ

There are some mappers which can easily be converted to others. He just implemented that known capability.

Reactions: TxFxL

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just wondering...

Would it make sense if instead of asking for a specific mappper/game to work on the NES CE/Famicom Mini, have the game instead be patched and fixed to work for the system? Because I always see posts about how a once unsupported game is now working due to some patch, etc. Now, do note I am no programmer (so stop saying I do it myself), but to those who might be knowledgeable, would this do the trick and make unsupported games work on the system? Just a thought...

no it does not make sense because that is more or less the same. patching a game to run on NCM _is_ mapper patching.

In some cases Hakchi2 installs required patches. I assume he can add more patches?

What I'd like to know is if there is anyway that emulator itself could be dumped, and then people could tinker with it to add more custom emulation mappers? Go beyond what Nintendo did (or whoever they borrowed code from)?

i would guess you have to download the kachikachi binary from the read-only partition of the nand flash of the NCM. i'm already stuck at this point :) using the sunxi-tools is probably not complicated if you know what you are doing... you have to mess around with uboot loading before you can access the file-system... anyways this is trivial when compared to analyze and modify the binary.

1. Creating a patch is no easy task. Doubt anyone here even knows how.

2 changes to the emulator would have been done already if known how. That will probably be the last thing we see come from classic modding, if we do at all

1. the most important is serious machine-language programming skills for the 6502 family. although almost everything is documented in teh internet and the 65xx is really well known, you probably need years to hone your asm-magic for usefull nes coding/hacking/etc. although unknown to most people (outside the enthusiast circles) only then one will realize what unbelievable huge fan-service all the rom-hackers and translators are giving us mere "gamers". i myself is a adept follower of tr-en patches (not only for nes). without them all the japanese-only soft would be unaccessible forever (unless you spent some years learning to read japanese or computer-based translation becomes more natural). sorry for my rambling :)

2. i heard from cluster this is not gonna happen. eventually somebody will port fceux to the NCM.

Reactions: nesito and Baggins

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FCEUX to the NCM with a skin to make it look like the NES classic edition (but with some more extra icons or menus for extra features) would be awesome.

How powerful is NCM anyways could it handle other emulators as well? Sega Master System? Or better? Gameboy/GBC? Sega Game Gear? Some kind of consolidated emulator?

The biggest limit is the size of the memory I think?

Last edited by Baggins,

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
FCEUX to the NCM with a skin to make it look like the NES classic edition (but with some more extra icons) would be awesome.

in theory the NCM menu is just a frontend that could easily call fceux instead of kachikachi to render the emulation.

Last edited by ym2612,

_Alex_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FCEUX to the NCM with a skin to make it look like the NES classic edition (but with some more extra icons or menus for extra features) would be awesome.

How powerful is NCM anyways could it handle other emulators as well? Sega Master System? Or better? Gameboy/GBC? Sega Game Gear? Some kind of consolidated emulator?

The biggest limit is the size of the memory I think?

I don't want to be the bad boy, but i think if you would like to play sega or other konsoles you should buy a raspi... i think we should stay with the original menu and kachkachi. It's kinda nice that we can add more games its awesome, for me it's okay like that, i like the retro style and feel of the nes classic mini in its original state... but only my meaning, sorry for the english ;)

Reactions: Piklz and Tootyuk

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically I have a number of 'hacked' or emulators on systems including a hacked wii, for playing other 'games'. Plus Wii's various gamepad designs some better for SNES, some better for gamecube games, etc.

I'm just curious what the NES mini actually could handle emulation wise.

But I'd happy/happier if the hackers get things to the point that they have all the games working (in particular some of the late generation Konami games).

Might be interesting to possibly even something to 'emulate' the light gun games or exercise games too (although that would probably take modding the games to add 'cursor' or something, since it is impossible to use light gun with modern tvs), and I have no idea what they could do to emulate the powerpad.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

in theory the NCM menu is just a frontend that could easily call fceux instead of kachikachi to render the emulation.
Nice!

The benefit to that is I think FCEUX handles pretty much everything out of the box? Including many of the rare unlicensed mappers like #11 (Color Dreams/Wisdom Tree), and without the glitches graphics that kachikachi exhibits on some games.

Only issue is it requires the FDS bios rom to run disk system games, but that may already be included with the NCM? Or is NCM emulating the entire bios as well?

Last edited by Baggins,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the patch for StarTropics 2???
Everybody since hakchi2 2.09 can "auto put" the cluster patch(also in first post like all the info i'm telling you) only adding the game.
At the beginning i made a video with the patch, running on mini nes:
Startropics II - Zoda's Revenge // MMC3 Hack patch

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,
Reactions: ym2612

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

the Allwinner SoC reports as quad core Cortex A7 processor

I don't want to be the bad boy, but i think if you would like to play sega or other konsoles you should buy a raspi... i think we should stay with the original menu and kachkachi. It's kinda nice that we can add more games its awesome, for me it's okay like that, i like the retro style and feel of the nes classic mini in its original state... but only my meaning, sorry for the english

yes, me too does not want to play sega on nintendo hardware, that would be odd/wrong. but if an alternative emu could enhance the experience while seamless integrated, than why not? while the original menu/frontend could stay the overall look and feel would be the same with another emu.

Might be interesting to possibly even something to 'emulate' the light gun games or exercise games too (although that would probably take modding the games to add 'cursor' or something, since it is impossible to use light gun with modern tvs), and I have no idea what they could do to emulate the powerpad.

therefore i have a professional Sony PVM 4:3 CRT monitor (not a consumer tv mind you) where i can play the original systems in perfect 240p RGB glory with any hardware addon like lightguns, special controllers etc. emulation and 4K modern tv is nice but ye olde hardware can not be 100% true emulated. i like both worlds: the true original analogue and the emulated new digital.

The benefit to that is I think FCEUX handles pretty much everything out of the box? Including many of the rare unlicensed mappers like #11 (Color Dreams/Wisdom Tree), and without the glitches graphics that kachikachi exhibits on some games.

Only issue is it requires the FDS bios rom to run disk system games, but that may already be included with the NCM? Or is NCM emulating the entire bios as well?

as long as the latest fceux build gets ported... another interesting contestant would be puNES...

since the NCM does emulate the FDS i would assume nintendo just slapped the original disksys.rom onto the nand flash

Reactions: Baggins and nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
More games running at mini nes classic.

Donkey Kong 3

Dragon Warrior IV

F1 Race

And sorry I think I already post: Fire Emblem Gaiden translated to English.

Please, enjoy.

Rgs.

Bayla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me ask you this: I'm new at this. Is this really as easy as downloading to the computer, plugging into the nes, the following the on screen prompts?

Is there anything I am missing???

Peechiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally managed to flash games thanks to jar-_-
he send me his kernel, so i guess that was the problem, my dumped kernel was too small 2,69 and his was 2,86
now after flashing a game, the led is not off instantly but it turns off few sec after the flash, and i can power on the nes, with my new games

i knew it was a kernel problem, thank you again, i'm so happy now

so if you have "reset bug" check the dumped kernel size

My Kernel size is 2.59... can I get a copy of that kernel and maybe I can fix my boot loop problem?

Oh and what do i do once I have the correct size kernel?

i downloaded the kernel and was able to restore my NES classic... now to try again...

Thanks for hosting that kernel.

Last edited by Peechiz,

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So let me ask you this: I'm new at this. Is this really as easy as downloading to the computer, plugging into the nes, the following the on screen prompts?

generally speaking: yes, but each step requires special attention if you do it the first time. but you can ask here and sure enough people will help you to get you started.

My Kernal size is 2.59... can I get a copy of that kernal and maybe I can fix my boot loop problem?

my dumped european kernel is exactly 2.826.240 Bytes.

Last edited by ym2612,
Reactions: nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country

I have videos about the process I think the only "difficult" part it's driver but really It's a friendly app.

--------------------------------------

My Kernel size is 2.59... can I get a copy of that kernel and maybe I can fix my boot loop problem?

Oh and what do i do once I have the correct size kernel?

The kernel I download from the link is corrupt...
I have a subscriber with a similar kernel problem in comments you will see the "light"
(this video it's also valid to you Bayla, less the driver part)

Rgs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(