Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

GarethKeenan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone added a full library yet? A local guy to me is offering it as a service and says he adds 625 games. He weeded out all the power pad and zapper gun games. I also think ones that just dont run. 625 games total he fit on his. He has a video too of it running.

I added 700 games (with cover art) without any problems, everything seems to work just fine. 30 games per folder.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
to run mario adventure heres patch (with n8 flash cart support and advanture inc)
http://www.mediafire.com/?apor602x9ap3poc + http://www.skinnyv.com/misc/Super_Mario_Adventure_Flash_Cart_Patch.rar marioadventure patch + rgb then it covers both nesmini and n8 everdrive
i use lunar ips patcher( inside the zip somewhere) i used th mario bros 3 from goodness3.14 (Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG1) [!]) i think the order i did it was rgb followed by the adventure patch
Weird graphic on World 1 with these IPSes.
Nevermind. Patching RGB only on Rev.A makes the graphic properly on Famicom Mini.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added 700 games (with cover art) without any problems, everything seems to work just fine. 30 games per folder.
Was that the complete romset or so?

You're likely to find games that don't work. I've found a number that glitch to black screen, and cause "C7 or c8" errors. I had this issue with Impossible Mission 2 I think.

Of course some that crash perhaps atfter the title screen. I think one crashed to a warning screen from the get go... I think it was Rocket Ranger IIRC. Then there are the Famicom Disk Games that require disk side flipping, but doesn't look like there is anyway to actually flip them with the current emulator on the system.

As well as games that are garbled graphically in some way. Some playable, some not so much. since you can't tell what you are doing. I had this problem with Last Action Hero, The Last Samurai, and Total Recall.

Of course it may depend on the rom used, and there might be better or different dumps somewhere. I had a problem even getting A Boy and his Blob on the system, and it took a while to find a rom that would actually upload.

BTW, does anyone know if hacked version of The Mysterious Murasame Castle that doesn't require disk switching exists anywhere? I.E. the rom that Nintendo uses on virtual console? Is there an English patch for it?

Last edited by Baggins,

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone added a full library yet? A local guy to me is offering it as a service and says he adds 625 games. He weeded out all the power pad and zapper gun games. I also think ones that just dont run. 625 games total he fit on his. He has a video too of it running.

What's a full library? That doesn't mean anything. Licensed us games? Non licensed us games? Pal only games? Famicom/fds games? Hacks? Homebrew?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe it would be nice to create a new topic with all roms compatible with the NES Mini (with patches if necesarry).

Let us know when you get it going then

Tom780

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, I have a problem with Gun Smoke, the levels are repeated 3 times before you see the boss, there is a fix?
Tanks ...

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Another game running on mini nes at 720p60 but this one has some glitches in intro, scenes and texts. But it's playable.
Captain America and the Avengers

Enjoy!

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What happens if all the original games are hidden, regarding demo mode? Will there be at least something (Mario and Luigi goofing around with the coin block)? Will they try to launch games or not try at all? Will it crash?

Something that would be useful for everybody is to upload the 30 games working and with quality cover-arts, for those who would like to hide all the original games in order to increase the numbers of games to 40, as described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...sion_3_of_the_game_countsafe_save_count_list/.

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if all the original games are hidden, regarding demo mode? Will there be at least something (Mario and Luigi goofing around with the coin block)? Will they try to launch games or not try at all? Will it crash?

Something that would be useful for everybody is to upload the 30 games working and with quality cover-arts, for those who would like to hide all the original games in order to increase the numbers of games to 40, as described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic...sion_3_of_the_game_countsafe_save_count_list/.

Dude, you need to search and read

Reactions: Piklz

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can tell you for the game demos they'll search for an available demo game, then launch it. If there is only one demo game available then it will continue to search and launch that demo over and over again.

I haven't suppressed all the games, so I don't know how that affects anything.

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retro arcade: Thank you, but you are not helping! I don't know what keyword to use, and I don't want to read 107 pages to know if maybe someone has written an answer to these questions. I count on someone kind enough who give or point me to the needed infomation (sorry, I don't mean to be rude).

Baggins: thanks, that's a start (maybe i could leave only some select games for exemple, to keep some demos and pixel-arts in the demo). :P

Last edited by Hellequin,

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retro arcade: Thank you, but you are not helping! I don't know what keyword to use, and I don't want to read 107 pages to know if maybe someone has written an answer to these questions. I count on someone kind enough who give or point me to the needed infomation (sorry, I don't mean to be rude).

Baggins: thanks, that's a start (maybe i could leave only some select games for exemple, to keep some demos and pixel-arts in the demo). :P

And the reason it is 107 pages long is because 1/4 of the posts are people asking the same thing over and over that has already been covered.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... ok, I'm a little lost here.

I originally added a few games on my iMac using Parallels. I don't have access to it today, so I went to use a laptop, running windows 7. I went through the steps, but had issues adding more games. I flashed the original kernel back to it. Tested on the tv, everything looked back to stock.

So, I basically started from "scratch" on the laptop, added all the new games I wanted on there. Went through the process, everything looked good. Exited hakchi2 2.11 after the last OK confirmation for the new custom kernel was flashed. Hooked the mini to the tv and it doesn't boot now. Just goes on, off, on, etc. :(

Any suggestions?

I got it sorted.

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the reason it is 107 pages long is because 1/4 of the posts are people asking the same thing over and over that has already been covered.
Even more annoying than people asking the same question is you telling them to search or do it themselves every post
You gotta take it easy, your not the hall monitor here

Reactions: Truchen

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay i will post it again, since my posts are overrun ;-)

Maybe i missed it but what are the palette options with the command line
--ppu-palette=

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've tried this myself, and based on my experience with my Famicom Mini, if you hide all the 30 original games, there won't be a game demoed. If anything, what will happen, Mario will just keep on scrolling and walking over all the games on your NES/Famicom Mini but won't demo any of them. I remember @Cluster telling me about that, and that it won't be possible as an additional feature in later versions of hakchi2, as its prebuilt on the OS or something to only recognize the 30 default games.

Tom780

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do you resolve blur problems with certain games at certain times........

for example boss intro mega man 1, Battletoads first Booss ...............

thx..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty