Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you guys notice that this GHWT DLC hack imported into GH5 doesn't seem to work using USB loaders? Everything is fine when using GH5 in the disc channel, i.e. I can see my GHWT DLC in the list of songs to play. But when I run GH5 from my HDD, the DLC do not show up. Is this the same for everyone else?

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
^

Yeah I decided that rb2/gh/wt etc....can get working/mics etc from HDD if your playing songs only from the DVD image/disc.....

soon as you bring DLC into the equation stick to disc based booting

No extra head ache I still have what I want and its all gravy

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I had a large selection of the oneup dlc on my sd card and GH5 found it straight away in the rock archieve. Once the Europe shop opened, I just went in and downloaded the update to my SD and now most of my songs are working fine in GH5 .
Some of the songs still dont work, but when I enter the shop again it says that no tracks need updating. I've read a few places that this is because Activision hasn't finished the updates yet and that the other songs will come in time. So hopefully no fiddling about here.

Tried using the dlc with the USB loader but it aint happeing. Disc channel it is then.

Now just got to wait for the oneup GH5 pal releases, and for activision to get their asses in gear and get the world tour disc songs import up!

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
justmike said:
How come some people got it working on their USB Loader?

I don't believe they have !
but ...IF they have !! ...they have a modchip or something other than simply a softmod/usbloader

like I said you can play songs off the disc image that is installed on your USB HDD but when DLC is involved on SD then DVD is needed and softchip etc.....believe me i thought peopel were syaing they can play oiff USB but then i relaised yes you can but not for DLC....

feel free to prove me wrong providing full complete instructions/guide with your fulll wii setup
smile.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I want to see if I can get it working. I doubt it, but when I go into GH 5, it says this card is not recognized. So, already, my 8 GB card is having problems, but we'll see.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you all realize now that you don't need the OneUp DLC hack anymore but can instead just download all the GHWT and GH5 DLC via the Music store using Hairyballsagna's hacks?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I know, but there is problems for PAL users. For example, I can't even see the store when I go into GH 5, let alone do the hack. You still need it to recognize your SD card. I'm just waiting for the store to appear for Australian users.

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dent said:
Do you all realize now that you don't need the OneUp DLC hack anymore but can instead just download all the GHWT and GH5 DLC via the Music store using Hairyballsagna's hacks?

Yeah it doesn't work for me, even after the shop region change, so oneup all the way

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
I did it, I did it!!! I can play the GHWT DLC that I downloaded and installed with the regular OneUp hack and use them in Guitar Hero 5. Both of the GH5 WT DLC updates are also installed to the SD card. What I did was start things over so I used GHWT and within the program I deleted all the songs from the SD card that I had installed. I then used Wad Manager 1.5 and uninstalled the REV1 title wad which all of the DLC that I had installed used this except one and also the REV4 title wad that I had used for one song. I think that when I tried to uninstall the REV4 wad that it gave an error but I ran the uninstallation routine multiple times on the two wads just to make sure. Then I went into GH5 in the music store and downloaded a couple of the free tracks, namely, The Touch, and then Born to Run and had them saved to the SD card (I think there was a choice of to the Wii or SD card). These songs could instantly be used in GH5. I didn't have to install any DLC update (since I was using GH5 music store to download them it automatically downloaded the extra GH5 features for these two songs). I then used the One Up hack to install Jesse's Girl (song and title wad as the instructions say) and went back into the GH5 program. I believe when I used the One Up hack for this first song that it didn't show up in the Rock Archive for me to move over so I went back to the Wad 1.5 Installer and uninstalled the song and title wad and then used the One Up program again to reinstall both wads. Then when I went back into the GH5 program and then into the Rock Archive (located in the Options menu by the way) I could see the Jesse's Girl was in the Wii and I moved it to the SD card. This was not playable in GH5 as of yet. I went into the Music store and was able to download the first WT DLC update into the SD card (note, this took a relatively long time to download). I then tried to do the 2nd update but it said that no songs were available that required this update. Now then back to the One Up hack to install We Are The Champions and again back into GH5 to move it from the Wii to the SD card. This song was not playable in GH5 yet. In the music store however I was now able to install the 2nd DLC update (again, this took a relatively long time to download). From that point on, the rest of the WT DLC that I installed with the One Up hack and moved from the Wii to SD card all were playable in GH5. No more downloading of WT DLC updates were needed. I noticed in the Music store that the two updates were marked with a green check mark as well as a red SD card symbol for both.

I am happy now.
Hey, thanks for the post. I was wondering if you could copy the 2 ghwt updates from sd to wii, then use wii's data management to copy to sd? then post that? I'm still having a bear of a time getting the two updates to actually work. I can play gh5 dlc, but not ghwt. ghwt dlc works fine in ghwt though. All rev1 titles

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiikey1 from back in the day. Worked fine with gh5/wt backups.

Then I installed hermes v4 38+37 as 223 and used usbloadergx with anti002.

I installed hairyballsagna's gh5 dlc. IIRC, downloads didn't work via dvd (204036 error), but did via usbloader. However, with usbloader, a wii copy of the dlc will be stuck on until I delete it via data management.

Then I started fiddling with 1up's ghwt dlc. It works with ghwt, but not in gh5. Same wii/sd problem exists with usbloading.

But I'm trying to get the ghwt dlc to work with gh5.

Today I started from scratch. I used anytitledeleter to kill my ghwt and gh5 saves. Installed hairyballsagna's gh5 and ghwt dlc. Uninstalled the 1up rev1 title wad. All songs show up as purchased, but same deal with dvd giving 204036 error.

I loaded gh5 via usbloadergx and downloaded a ghwt dlc (1979).
Then I downloaded the ghwt v1 update, and it shows a wii icon next to it now. But if I choose it again, it'll download again, instead of offering me an option to move/copy/erase.
1979 is still greyed out. And v2 says it's not necessary.

So what do I do now?

I'm thinking if someone could backup their v1+v2 to sd, maybe I'd be able to use data management and copy it to the wii? Or is it unique for each wii?

FWIW, I have a ntsc wii, running ntsc gh5.

edit: Also, to do some system cleaning today, as well as to update to the new wii shop channel, I ran the update straight through the wii menu. Now all my ios's are up to date and virgin. The only exception is that it looks like ios37 still has the fakesign bug. And I used tbr on ios36.

Is anyone able to use a dvd and be able to download everything? My ios56 was updated as part of the 4.2 update, but then the dvd asked to update again. I didn't take note of the version numbers, but now my ios56 is the one on the gh5 dvd. Is it required to install a patched ios56 to allow proper hairyballsagna downloading? Also, is there a way to determine if I have any of the 1ups still installed via anytitle deleter? I nuked the gh5 and ghwt gamesaves and had to start over again. But is that enough?

I also see .upe, but it's listed as unknown, so I'm hesitant to remove it. Is that 1up? Or something else?

I dont' mind having to use a dvd to get dlc, if that's what it takes.

I believe that gh5 dlc can download fine via usbloader. But again, using dvd gives 204036.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying with the DLC of GHWT and GH5 and I cant get any of them to be even detected by my GHWT or GH5 games... anyone can help out? I have a Wiikey NTS-U 4.1 wii I used the OneUp DLC installer juste like the NFO file says... I installed the song.wad, then the title.wad and when I boot the game, either one, it says it doesnt detect anything.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
So guys, to summarize, does this work for 4.1E Pal wii's without a modchip & without CIOSCORP ??

I only ask this because i've been avoiding Rawksd for a while now because i didn't want to install CIOSCORP.

Also can somebody please help me clarify the following:

1. MUST I use a DVD version INSTEAD OF Wiiflow (222) Usb Loader to get it working?
2. Are there different newer releases/versions of OneUp DLC installer.
3. Is the application region specific i.e is their a specific version of OneUp DLC installer for PAL users only?
4. How do you remove the songs from your sd card to make space? Will DLC installer also remove?
5. Do you need CIOSCORP to run frets on fire OR Guitars on fire?
6. Which in your opinion is the best of the two?
7. IS their any other GH games or trackpacks or Rockband 2 games that will allow you to do the same as the GHWT hack without using RawkSD?

Lastly when i enter the 'special offer' section in the 'music shop' it says the following:
GH World tour update (FREE)
GH World tour update [v2} (FREE)

&

guitar hero World tour = 350 wii points
band hero = 500 points
guitar hero Greatest hits = 200 points

Are the above updates for free extra songs? OR an update to the games engine?, or Wii firmware update???????? Am i safe to install them via the shop?

Thanks guys!
unsure.gif

SPEC:
Pal 4.1E
Bootmii as boot 2
Preloader 0.29
WAninkoko's (cIOS 38 rev14)
Hermes' IOS 222/223
WiiFlow 222 & Wiiflow 249
Shop channel region set to : PAL,UK

PAL Version of GH 5
PAL Version of GH World Tour
PAL downloaded oneUp tracks

PAL Version of band hero

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
usbloader on a pal wii
guitar hero 5
one up dlc installer
installed a rev2 song with v27 title installer of gh5 songs
now i can download all songpacks..of gh5

QUOTE said:
To take things further, I wonder if it's possible to create a custom installer (to run on the Wii) that installs the content from the WAD directly to the SD card, without needing to go trough GH:WT. So long as the SD Key is dumped (hence the need to run on the Wii, or have an extracted key to run on the PC), perhaps there is a way to extract the WAD to a temp folder, and then package it up in the same manner that GH:WT does, encrypt it with the SD key and write it to the SD card. This way you could install many songs at once, then when you go into GH:WT it would show them all on the SD card as if they were installed using the normal procedure.

Or, here's another idea... I wonder if you could decrypt the SD-installed DLC using the Wii's SD Key, and then re-encrypt it using another Wii's SD Key so it would work on that Wii without having to install it using the normal procedure.
is there anything new on this?

neo2cr

Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody can transform the guitar hero world tour updates in a .wad file like a song???? I think that would be the best way :S

Neither I can Downloade the updates

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChaosEnergy said:
usbloader on a pal wii
guitar hero 5
one up dlc installer
installed a rev2 song with v27 title installer of gh5 songs
now i can download all songpacks..of gh5

QUOTE said:
To take things further, I wonder if it's possible to create a custom installer (to run on the Wii) that installs the content from the WAD directly to the SD card, without needing to go trough GH:WT. So long as the SD Key is dumped (hence the need to run on the Wii, or have an extracted key to run on the PC), perhaps there is a way to extract the WAD to a temp folder, and then package it up in the same manner that GH:WT does, encrypt it with the SD key and write it to the SD card. This way you could install many songs at once, then when you go into GH:WT it would show them all on the SD card as if they were installed using the normal procedure.

Or, here's another idea... I wonder if you could decrypt the SD-installed DLC using the Wii's SD Key, and then re-encrypt it using another Wii's SD Key so it would work on that Wii without having to install it using the normal procedure.
is there anything new on this?

the band hero song pack too? also you know how to get the error away most of us having while downloading ghwt songs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy