Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
Dent said:
Dent said:
Is anyone now unable to get updates to the Music Store (ie. new updated songs in the song list to purchase). I now just get an error code 204036. Is this now a side effect of this DLC hack that Nintendo put into place? When this hack first came out I know I was still able to connect to the Music store after the hack was used but now I can never connect properly to it.
Could some people please answer my previous question about accessing the Music Store after using this hack?

answer this damn question god damn guys!!

YES IT IS A SIDE EFFECT

There answered.

Try removing the SD card will all your songs and then enter the music store.
But it makes no difference, all the songs in WT are seen as bought, and cant be redownloaded, you can insert the SD card in and still cant update them, and you cant move them to your wii and update them either. So as of right now, there is no way to update hacked dlc.

qloony

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Timmy5000 said:
DJPlace said:
Dent said:
Dent said:
Is anyone now unable to get updates to the Music Store (ie. new updated songs in the song list to purchase). I now just get an error code 204036. Is this now a side effect of this DLC hack that Nintendo put into place? When this hack first came out I know I was still able to connect to the Music store after the hack was used but now I can never connect properly to it.
Could some people please answer my previous question about accessing the Music Store after using this hack?

answer this damn question god damn guys!!

YES IT IS A SIDE EFFECT

There answered.

Try removing the SD card will all your songs and then enter the music store.
But it makes no difference, all the songs in WT are seen as bought, and cant be redownloaded, you can insert the SD card in and still cant update them, and you cant move them to your wii and update them either. So as of right now, there is no way to update hacked dlc.

will it helps if we uninstall the songs with wad manager? anybody tried this? is there no way the revert the wii back prior to installation so the music store can work again?

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qloony said:
will it helps if we uninstall the songs with wad manager? anybody tried this? is there no way the revert the wii back prior to installation so the music store can work again?

The Music store works fine, (minus the fact that all GHWT songs are listed as bought)
But I got the store to work fine so I can add my GHWT Disc songs.
(When I heard of importing.... I was thinking actual importing, not Downloading old tracks)
But New DLC and old Disc songs can be bought.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i meant was the new GH5 songs to download... any fix on how to download those?

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing yet,
They Might need to make a new channel and set up, to get the next set of DLC to work
and to get the old to work as well. But I do wish the new set up includes a direct to SD card on the channel itself
smile.gif
, or at least able to more then just one at a time.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did it, I did it!!! I can play the GHWT DLC that I downloaded and installed with the regular OneUp hack and use them in Guitar Hero 5. Both of the GH5 WT DLC updates are also installed to the SD card. What I did was start things over so I used GHWT and within the program I deleted all the songs from the SD card that I had installed. I then used Wad Manager 1.5 and uninstalled the REV1 title wad which all of the DLC that I had installed used this except one and also the REV4 title wad that I had used for one song. I think that when I tried to uninstall the REV4 wad that it gave an error but I ran the uninstallation routine multiple times on the two wads just to make sure. Then I went into GH5 in the music store and downloaded a couple of the free tracks, namely, The Touch, and then Born to Run and had them saved to the SD card (I think there was a choice of to the Wii or SD card). These songs could instantly be used in GH5. I didn't have to install any DLC update (since I was using GH5 music store to download them it automatically downloaded the extra GH5 features for these two songs). I then used the One Up hack to install Jesse's Girl (song and title wad as the instructions say) and went back into the GH5 program. I believe when I used the One Up hack for this first song that it didn't show up in the Rock Archive for me to move over so I went back to the Wad 1.5 Installer and uninstalled the song and title wad and then used the One Up program again to reinstall both wads. Then when I went back into the GH5 program and then into the Rock Archive (located in the Options menu by the way) I could see the Jesse's Girl was in the Wii and I moved it to the SD card. This was not playable in GH5 as of yet. I went into the Music store and was able to download the first WT DLC update into the SD card (note, this took a relatively long time to download). I then tried to do the 2nd update but it said that no songs were available that required this update. Now then back to the One Up hack to install We Are The Champions and again back into GH5 to move it from the Wii to the SD card. This song was not playable in GH5 yet. In the music store however I was now able to install the 2nd DLC update (again, this took a relatively long time to download). From that point on, the rest of the WT DLC that I installed with the One Up hack and moved from the Wii to SD card all were playable in GH5. No more downloading of WT DLC updates were needed. I noticed in the Music store that the two updates were marked with a green check mark as well as a red SD card symbol for both.

I am happy now.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
What does he mean by REV1 wad?
When you download one of the One Up DLC songs there are two files. One is the song wad which has the name of the song in the file name and the other wad has the word title along with REV1 (or REV2, 3, or 4) depending on the song. Almost all of the songs I downloaded had REV1 in the file name of the title wad.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just so everyone knows, the WT DLC that I installed and got working with GH5 were all only REV1 titles. I have been PMing with other member who says he got things working too but when he started installing some REV2 titles that things started to mess up. He didn't clarify what he meant by mess up so I asked him by PM and am awaiting his reply.

Edit:

He says when he started to add the REV2 songs that he was no longer able to see any of the songs on the SD card so it looks like this may only work for REV1 songs.

xdeadxpoolx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been wondering this for a while, just no real intrest in taking the time to post it, but is there maybe a list of REV1 Titles, REV2 Titles so on...?

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly dont know, I dont think it works like a Real converter, It seems to be a filter like update, where it goes through a few lines of programming in order to be played.

You can even put the .bin files right on to the right spot and it will work

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a list of which tracks are Rev1, Rev2, etc.? That way I can report back on which tracks I've got working in GH5. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...