Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny thing about this whole thing is the people like me who have had this 'hack' for the last 5 months or so is frankly there is about 4 songs that are actually worth getting

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rammoth said:
Rammoth said:
stev418 said:
Those with issues, are you guys using cIOSCORP ? I can say right now if you have hacked apart your wii system files expect there to be problems in more areas then just DLC installs

chipped wii + DLC = win
cioscorp + dlc = possible fail
usbloader + dlc = fail on song transfer to SD (usbloader issue)

if you have cioscorp do a few tests

install cIOS rev10 and boot game via a backup loader not channel
install an official IOS37
if still no go try grabbing a FREE song from the GH store, and then trying the installer again
if still no good buy some stuff for once, actually feels good to do sometimes

I tried pretty much everything you said =\
I have a PAL wii 3.1 (never been updated higher), wiikey, PAL world tour.

I had rev13b (which uses IOS38) before.
I tried switching to rev10 now, but it still didn't show up. Then I installed the original IOS37 and it still didn't show up. I tried booting it up both through Gecko and the usual channel with each change, but no DLC showed up on both.

The only things I hacked my wii with are: rev13b, WiiSCUv2 for the shopping channel to work, manually adding IOS 53 and 55 to get rid of the #002 error.

Also, I chose IOS249 everytime I used the DLC installer.

Can you help me? =\ Is the problem perhaps IOS38 instead of 37? Or maybe even 36?

Just an update, by now I have also tried to install the DLC using IOS38. Also, after that didn't work out, I installed the original IOS38 and it STILL doesn't work.
I'm out of ideas
frown.gif

try grabbing a free song from the gh store first? then try installing a dlc?

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
Rammoth said:
Rammoth said:
stev418 said:
Those with issues, are you guys using cIOSCORP ? I can say right now if you have hacked apart your wii system files expect there to be problems in more areas then just DLC installs

chipped wii + DLC = win
cioscorp + dlc = possible fail
usbloader + dlc = fail on song transfer to SD (usbloader issue)

if you have cioscorp do a few tests

install cIOS rev10 and boot game via a backup loader not channel
install an official IOS37
if still no go try grabbing a FREE song from the GH store, and then trying the installer again
if still no good buy some stuff for once, actually feels good to do sometimes

I tried pretty much everything you said =\
I have a PAL wii 3.1 (never been updated higher), wiikey, PAL world tour.

I had rev13b (which uses IOS38) before.
I tried switching to rev10 now, but it still didn't show up. Then I installed the original IOS37 and it still didn't show up. I tried booting it up both through Gecko and the usual channel with each change, but no DLC showed up on both.

The only things I hacked my wii with are: rev13b, WiiSCUv2 for the shopping channel to work, manually adding IOS 53 and 55 to get rid of the #002 error.

Also, I chose IOS249 everytime I used the DLC installer.

Can you help me? =\ Is the problem perhaps IOS38 instead of 37? Or maybe even 36?

Just an update, by now I have also tried to install the DLC using IOS38. Also, after that didn't work out, I installed the original IOS38 and it STILL doesn't work.
I'm out of ideas
frown.gif

try grabbing a free song from the gh store first? then try installing a dlc?

I tried that too man. I also restored the original IOS36 and still nothing.
I tried to install the DLC through IOS 259, 61, 60, 38, 37, 36 and none of it works.
I tried downloading a free song, then first adding it to the HD and use archive to put it on my SD and THEN add the DLC. Didn't work either...

I'm all out of idea's.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if this is illegal to use because of using it to play pirated songs....what about using wani's wad manager to install pirated wiiware and VC games??? your pretty much contradicting yourself

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
so if this is illegal to use because of using it to play pirated songs....what about using wani's wad manager to install pirated wiiware and VC games??? your pretty much contradicting yourself
Not all wads are illegal (channels). However, installing DLC for free is illegal.

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
weird, maybe i just got lucky when i tried it :S

Gah, you were my last hope
frown.gif

What IOS did you use to install and what was your original setup when installing the DLC installer and your first try on getting the DLC to work?
And what region Guitar Hero?

QUOTE(Riicky @ Jun 19 2009, 03:07 AM) so if this is illegal to use because of using it to play pirated songs....what about using wani's wad manager to install pirated wiiware and VC games??? your pretty much contradicting yourself

What acesniper said. The Wad Manager is used to install homebrew, which is legal.
The reason why they didn't shut the internet down due to piracy is because a lot of people use the internet for legal stuff. Same goes for the Wad Manager. The reason it's legal, is because it's intention is for legal use. It just happens to also be able to install pirated software.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
acesniper said:
Riicky said:
Not all wads are illegal (channels). However, installing DLC for free is illegal.
If the use is illegal, the software still isn't illegal unless it uses code it's not allowed to. (Waninkoko cIOS rev1 Installer)

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help, I can't even install the DLC installer. I have a 3.2U Wii, and using Wad Manager 1.4, it gives an error 2011 when trying to install the DLC installer wad. Please help.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Help, I can't even install the DLC installer. I have a 3.2U Wii, and using Wad Manager 1.4, it gives an error 2011 when trying to install the DLC installer wad. Please help.

You have a bad wad. Re download.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
free dlc for gh:wt... yeah? I much rather have free dlc for Rock Band 2. That way you have good songs and a good interface. Its a shame Mrkinator has morals. lol

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
free dlc for gh:wt... yeah? I much rather have free dlc for Rock Band 2. That way you have good songs and a good interface. Its a shame Mrkinator has morals. lol

He has no morals, just him saying he has a way to do it and not releasing the method is giving him 100x more attention then if he did release it. Hes just another attention whore and chances are he likely is making the whole thing up since he is dyeing for attention. This is cool and all, but i need a game that will accept this DLC and use SDHC cards. Can GH Smash Hits use the DLC from GHWT?

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, I just bought GHWT for 360 since I thought it would be better then the Wii version since it is compatable with more titles. I almost sold my GHWT for wii.

I should take the 360 version back now eh and keep the wii one. This will never be possible for 360, right?

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
Damn, I just bought GHWT for 360 since I thought it would be better then the Wii version since it is compatable with more titles. I almost sold my GHWT for wii.

I should take the 360 version back now eh and keep the wii one. This will never be possible for 360, right?
No, probably not. You need a modchip to run 360 homebrew I believe.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
dinofan01 said:

He has no morals, just him saying he has a way to do it and not releasing the method is giving him 100x more attention then if he did release it. Hes just another attention whore and chances are he likely is making the whole thing up since he is dyeing for attention. This is cool and all, but i need a game that will accept this DLC and use SDHC cards. Can GH Smash Hits use the DLC from GHWT?
No need to flame. No matter what you think of a person you don't have the right to flame them.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:

Rock Band and Guitar Hero DLC has been done on the 360 for a long time now. You just download the DLC from torrents, then use a Hard Drive kit and put the files into the hard drive manually. when you boot the game, the DLC shows up. The 360 only can test if you own it if the DLC is a unlock key, otherwise it lets you play whatever is on the hard drive. You can download the GTA4 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC and install it that way also. Its really simple. Id just rather do the song DLC on a SDHC card on the wii. Hopefully one of the new guitar heros this year will allow us to do that.

*removed - mod*

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quepaso said:
ThaDraGun said:

Rock Band and Guitar Hero DLC has been done on the 360 for a long time now. You just download the DLC from torrents, then use a Hard Drive kit and put the files into the hard drive manually. when you boot the game, the DLC shows up. The 360 only can test if you own it if the DLC is a unlock key, otherwise it lets you play whatever is on the hard drive. You can download the GTA4 DLC and Fallout 3 DLC and install it that way also. Its really simple. Id just rather do the song DLC on a SDHC card on the wii. Hopefully one of the new guitar heros this year will allow us to do that.

Excellent, so I should keep the 360 as long as I can figure it out. It would be better in the long run since there'd be more content. Can it be detected on live and I could get banned?
Sorry about the 360 questions on the wii board.. Im just trying to decide which one I should keep.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was finally able to install the DLC installer with Wad Manager but I first had to install a cIOS which made IOS249 available in the Wad Manager (IOS249 wasn't available to me before installing the cIOS, and all the other IOS choices did not work when trying to install the DLC installer). However, I am having the same problem where the songs do not show up in GHWT so there is nothing to transfer to the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Shit, that's a long ass URL. +1