Hacking Guitar Hero World Tour DLC Finally hacked!?

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to find out, what exactly is the cause of the DLC to not show up, so I'm gonna ask a few questions directed to the people who DID get it to work:

1. Did you use IOS 249 or a different one to install the DLC installer and the DLC?
2. What firmware are you on and what's the highest firmware you were ever on?
3. What region is your Wii and what region is your game?
4. Do you use cIOScorp?
5. What do you use to play the game (USBLOADER, disc channel, gecko etc)?
6. Did you once install WiiSCU to get the shopping channel (and news/photo/weather channels) to work again?

I've tried só much stuff. These are the only things that I can think of, that would make a difference.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Did you use IOS 249 or a different one to install the DLC installer and the DLC?
No

NTSC-U

4. Do you use cIOScorp?
NO , NEVER USE IT

Disc, wiikey, then I have rev 10 on allso for the usblaoder.

6. Did you once install WiiSCU to get the shopping channel (and news/photo/weather channels) to work again?
No

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the DLC installer contain any copyright material?

If not, then it is ok to host it there (like cios installers).

DLC wads would not be permitted though of course.

The file is expired, so I can't really check it out to see what it consists of...

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djbubba2002 said:
No

NTSC-U

4. Do you use cIOScorp?
NO , NEVER USE IT

Disc, wiikey, then I have rev 10 on allso for the usblaoder.

No

Thanks, though you misanswered the first question. You need to choose an IOS to use to install the wads, so which one did you pick?

Also, so far, all the reports of people who managed to get it to work were on 4.0
Might be on to something there I guess.

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djbubba2002 said:
I use 249 sorry , i wasnt thinking .. I just woke up hehehhe.

Okay
smile.gif

Well, based on all that it can either be the 4.0 firmware, the NTSC wii or game (I'm still yet to find a PAL user for whom it worked for) or the install of WiiSCU.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah it´s at least for some games important (or at least better) to have the latest FW especially for GH games.
I still don´t understand why some people don´t update to 4.0 it does nothing bad at all
wink.gif

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also tried a few other things, just to save some people some time.

- Installed DLC installer using IOS249 in WAD Manager 1.4
- Deleted DLC installer
- Reinstalled DLC installer using IOS38 in WAD Manager 1.4
- Deleting both save games of GHWT in Wii System memory. Guitar Hero DLC-Save and the GHWT Save-game.
- On SD-card were two folders with the name "SBAXP" (Guess it's the product code of GHWT), deleted both of them on SD.
- Downloaded free content from music store
- installed songs according to DLC installer manual (first song.wad, second title_files) (didn't rename the files though)
- Started GHWT from USB Loader 1.5 and/or Original GHWT-disk.

Only the downloaded free content from the Music store showed on SD Card, nothing in Wii Memory or other songs (like e.g. Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-Unearth.Grave.of.Opportunity.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp)

I'm on:

Wii 3.2E PAL
Softmodded
cIOS rev 10
no Shopping Channel hack

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
Yeah it´s at least for some games important (or at least better) to have the latest FW especially for GH games.
I still don´t understand why some people don´t update to 4.0 it does nothing bad at all
wink.gif

But when World Tour was released, 4.0 wasn't out yet. Everything of Guitar Hero always ran fine for me, untill this DLC installer.

QUOTE(MandM @ Jun 19 2009, 03:02 PM) I also tried a few other things, just to save some people some time.

- Installed DLC installer using IOS249
- Deleted DLC installer
- Reinstalled DLC installer using IOS38
- Deleting both save games of GHWT in Wii System memory. Guitar Hero DLC-Save and the GHWT Save-game.
- On SD-card were two folders with the name "SBAXP" (Guess it's the product code of GHWT), deleted both of them on SD.
- Downloaded free content from music store
- installed songs according to DLC installer manual (first song.wad, second title_files) (didn't rename the files though)
- Started GHWT from USB Loader 1.5 and/or Original GHWT-disk.

Only the downloaded free content from the Music store showed on SD Card, nothing in Wii Memory or other songs (like e.g. Guitar.Hero.World.Tour-Unearth.Grave.of.Opportunity.PAL.DLC.Wii-OneUp)

I'm on:

Wii 3.2E
Softmodded
cIOSCORP rev 10

To cut things short, you are another PAL user, not on 4.0 firmware, that can't get the DLC to work, am I right? Have you ever been on a higher firmware and downgraded or have you never been higher than 3.2?

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
To cut things short, you are another PAL user, not on 4.0 firmware, that can't get the DLC to work, am I right? Have you ever been on a higher firmware and downgraded or have you never been higher than 3.2?
PAL user yes, Wii was originally on 3.3E firmware, updated originally to 4.0E, then downgraded again to 3.2E for Homebrewchannel and Softmii. But then again I also think it's not a USB-Loader issue. I have the original disk and doesn't work either. Has something to do with either accessing Wii-Memory and/or SD Memory Card

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MandM said:
QUOTE said:
PAL user yes, Wii was originally on 3.3E firmware, updated originally to 4.0E, then downgraded again to 3.2E for Homebrewchannel and Softmii. But then again I also think it's not a USB-Loader issue. I have the original disk and doesn't work either. Has something to do with either accessing Wii-Memory and/or SD Memory Card

So that 'almost' rules out 4.0 being the issue, since you WERE on it. Though it could still be that you have to be at 4.0 currently I suppose.
it doesn't really have much to do with accessing the Wii Memory either, cause I tried to install a free song on my HD and it could see that, but after I moved that to my SD then tried again with cracked DLC it didn't show up.

Did you use WiiSCU or anything else that modified your IOS60 and IOS61 in order to get your shopping channel running?
It could still just be a PAL problem :S Still no sign of a PAL user, who's got this to work.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*removed* the "DLC Installer" DOL, so you don't have to install channels on the console.
(It seems to be a WAD Manager modified to install content-less WADs, with only a tmd, a ticket and a cert inside
wink.gif
)

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
So that 'almost' rules out 4.0 being the issue, since you WERE on it. Though it could still be that you have to be at 4.0 currently I suppose.
it doesn't really have much to do with accessing the Wii Memory either, cause I tried to install a free song on my HD and it could see that, but after I moved that to my SD then tried again with cracked DLC it didn't show up.

Did you use WiiSCU or anything else that modified your IOS60 and IOS61 in order to get your shopping channel running?
It could still just be a PAL problem :S Still no sign of a PAL user, who's got this to work.

As previously stated, I didn't use a custom IOS60 or IOS61 to get Wii Shopping Channel running, actually it asks for an shopping channel update. Which means no working shopping channel for me, doesn't bother me.

Forgetting to make a backup of my GHWT save game, does bother me cause my 100% completion is gone now
frown.gif

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MandM said:
QUOTE said:

As previously stated, I didn't use a custom IOS60 or IOS61 to get Wii Shopping Channel running, actually it asks for an shopping channel update. Which means no working shopping channel for me, doesn't bother me.

Forgetting to make a backup of my GHWT save game, does bother me cause my 100% completion is gone now
frown.gif

You should be able to download a save file for that from somewhere like wiisave.com
smile.gif

But how were you able to download free content if your shopping channel doesn't work :S
And that would also pretty much rule out WiiSCU being the problem.

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
But how were you able to download free content if your shopping channel doesn't work :S
And that would also pretty much rule out WiiSCU being the problem.

I don't know, but in-game purchases from the GHWT: Music Store just works..

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Now to find some song wads unpack, repack trucha sign like the good old GHA customs. It's easy enough if I can unpack a whole iso file like GHA/SSBB for a example for me. I'll let you guys know how it goes
smile.gif

I can't link to the site but can people link me to a google search that got them the wads?
Thanks!
P.S
The scene isn't going to die with GHWT real custom songs including vocals. also using FOF rockband 1/2/dlc cracked from discs to see if my theory works.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
nIxx said:
Then you are simply doing it wrong
wink.gif

and as already said the best is to use a DVD and not start it from a USB Loader or so.

If you checked around you would know who Unsteady Carrot is. I learnt a lot about creating custom songs for GH from his threads and replies elsewhere. What he doesn't know probably isn't worth knowing.

I am a reasonablly intelligent guy, 2 wiis, hard and 1 soft mod. Hard mod with USB drive all set up and I haven't found a title I can't get to run.

But this doesn't work!
Pal wii 4.0
Cios 38 rev 13a
Installed DLC wad
Got song wad to install
Initially had errors with 2011 but fixed that
But after that (which is supposeably all you need to do), nothing shows up in archives either on the wii or SD card.

I have the complete pack 1 of tracks and I have tried 5 different tracks and although wad manager says all went well with the song and the title install none show.

File 13

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
Then you are simply doing it wrong
wink.gif

and as already said the best is to use a DVD and not start it from a USB Loader or so.

I also know that I am not "doing it wrong" but it still does not work. I have an NTSC Wii with 3.2U firmware. It has never been upgraded past 3.2U. Previously, no cIOS were used at all. I do not use any USB, so only DVD's are used. I had installed the Oct 23/08 new Wii Shop channel along with IOS51 with a special installer found on wiibrew.org but these are not custom channels or IOS's as they are downloaded directly from Nintendo's servers so they are legit. At first I could not get the DLC installer itself installed after trying all the available IOS choices in the Wad Manager 1.4 program. I noticed a lot of people were using IOS249 as a choice which wasn't a choice on my Wii. I read that you had to download a custom IOS or order to get IOS249 to appear. I downloaded a CIOS Patchmii installer from wiibrew.org which I knew would create an IOS249. After installing this one cIOS, I was then able to install the DLC installer using Wad Manager 1.4 with IOS249 chosen. Everything seemed fine after that so installing the song.wad works and the title.wad works but then I run into the same problem as others where the new DLC does not show up in the GHWT game or archive.

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Update

Still not working......

But I decided to remove all previous DLC by deleting title and data directory. Went back online and downloaded 1 track from Music Store. Saved to sd and played it.

Then I reinstalled song and title wad.

When I reloaded GHWT and went into archives it said - Restoring downloadable content. Restoring what?

So I reinstalled song.wad and title again and went back into GH and again when I went into archive it said Restoring downloadable content...

Incidentally I was offline both times I went into the archive

Is the content.bin file being checked to see what should be there and removing what shouldn't? If so isn't that the purpose of the title wad?

I am booting from the original CD

So unless someone has a definitive answer I will put this in the sock drawer.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
grentuu said:
Update

Still not working......

But I decided to remove all previous DLC by deleting title and data directory. Went back online and downloaded 1 track from Music Store. Saved to sd and played it.

Then I reinstalled song and title wad.

When I reloaded GHWT and went into archives it said - Restoring downloadable content. Restoring what?

So I reinstalled song.wad and title again and went back into GH and again when I went into archive it said Restoring downloadable content...

Incidentally I was offline both times I went into the archive

Is the bin file being checked to see what should be there and removing what shouldn't? If so isn't that the purpose of the title wad?

I am booting from the original CD

So unless someone has a definitive answer I will put this in the sock drawer.
Actually, I got that exact same message about "Restoring downloadable content" when I went into the archives. I was online at the time so offline/online does not make a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head