Hacking Guitar Hero - Still out if sync with 0.3?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Typo in the thread title and I can't edit it. ::sigh:: Too much GH:WT for me today I suppose, I'm now officially braindead.

Guitar Hero World Tour works great, I completed career mode 100% today without any problems. However, with GH3 and GH:A, whenever I start a song the game freezes for a split second, and then the song is out of sync. If I restart the song it works, but it's a hassle. I haven't seen anyone else report it in the 0.3 compatibility thread though, am I the only one with this problem? Both GH3 and Aerosmith were unpatched, and I burned one at 4x and one at 8x. though I doubt the burn speed has anything to do with it since I burned GH:WT at 8x and it's perfect.

I'm anxious since I just bought a Wii guitar yesterday and I want to get to work on making my own GH3 custom builds.

Weslord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting.

I am running GH:WT, GH:A, and 2 other custom GH3 copies, and all are running perfectly fine. I burned them all at 2x with some crappy Maxell DVD+Rs.

Have you done the whole "calibrate lag" thing that's in the options menu?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weslord said:
Interesting.

I am running GH:WT, GH:A, and 2 other custom GH3 copies, and all are running perfectly fine. I burned them all at 2x with some crappy Maxell DVD+Rs.

Have you done the whole "calibrate lag" thing that's in the options menu?

I haven't tried that, but I'm sure it's not that. The game actually halts for half a second before it goes off sync, whereas calibrate lag is for when a lag between what you see and what you hear occurs due to HDTV etc. I had to use that feature on Rock Band on my friend's HDTV because of a slight delay. Here, every once in awhile a song loads perfectly without me having to do anything special to it, but most of the game it starts going crazy as soon as the notes appear. If I pause and hit restart, the second time it comes around it doesn't halt or freeze at all, and it works perfectly throughout the rest of the song... then I have to do it again on the next song.

Weslord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this happens every time you play the game? How long is the initial "freeze" that knocks everything out of sync? I'm not sure what the problem could be, honestly. Maybe try a reburn anyway?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, happens every time. Not on every song, but I'd say about 90% of the songs I play, it's entirely random. It starts out, but once the song and notes start it freezes for like half a second, barely noticeable but that's when it's out of sync. One time a song actually started on sync, but right after I started playing it froze and went off sync. I'm going to burn a custom GH3 disc and see if I have the same problem. Any more suggestions meanwhile are extremely welcome though, I don't like wasting DVD-Rs, and your help is appreciated Weslord.
smile.gif

FamineMK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry for bumping an old topic... especially if its been solved already but I can't find anyone else with this same problem. Is it possible its the GH:WT guitar controller causing it? I don't have another guitar or I'd check, but I remember the game working perfectly before, now it has a HORRIBLE audio video lag unless I pause the game and resume the song... then its bearable.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Same here for GH3, GHWT is fine though. Doesn't happen on every song, but seems to happen consistently for the same songs. Also in the "finish him" stage of the final battle there's a point where the music repeats for about half a second and from then on it's out of sync (unless you do the pause/resume trick).

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing GH3 using a el-cheapo DVD-R, and it was giving me that horrible lag (generally happens to the same song). I burned another copy using Sony DVD-R and the problem went away. Not saying that it will cure your problem, but if it costs only 30cents, then it's probably worth a try.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original of GH 3 that works fine of course, however I have a backup of GT:WT, and GT:A. World Tour plays fine for me, no lag, but GT:A has lag at every song. The "notes" will start streaming down before the song even plays. Some songs will have "glitches" where it kind of skips and starts playing fine. I've tried the whole audio/video sync but it doesn't work. I've bumped it up to over 100ms and it won't "save" the setting. The only way I can get songs to work is to pause the song as soon as it starts, go into the option screen and go to "restart song". After this it works perfect. Kind of annoying, but it's the only way I can get it to work. I have read in some compatability threads to just pause the song and replay, but that wont work for me...I have to actually goto the options and restart the song. Not sure if it's a burn issue, haven't tried to reburn it. Also have Rock Band 2 and it works fine as well... although I get a little lag when strumming, I think it's my Guitar Hero controller and not the actual game. I use sony DVRs and never really had a problem with other games. So, not sure if it's a bad ISO, DVR burn, or just a backup compatibility issue.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i don't think it's the guitar, if GTWT works fine. i got the same problem.
but now that wiininja says that burning with another DVD-R fixed the problem i think i should give it a try.
some random dude on this board said, that he could get it fixed by turning off WiiConnect24. for me, it didn't work.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Same problem here, have to restart song before I play it (I mean select the song, wait till it loads, restart).

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had the problem of the guitar disconnecting while playing? I've read that this sometimes happens with low batteries, but it happens to me even when the wiimote has been charged recently.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a solution, though if you follow the link it seems unrelated:

- Open your ISO in WiiScrubber, leaving all settings at default

- Right click on "Partition 1 - UPDATE" -- this is the partition we will use to relocate the game partition

- Click "Resize Partition"

- Change the current value to the displayed maximum value

- Close and exit

- Burn ISO

works.
taken from:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116893

badbwai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go to options & go to calibrate lag (or something close to that line)
It happened to me, but that fixed it!
Do the test and it will set your thing to the setting for it not to lag.
Try to get perfect on the tests.

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had a few of these issues only with GH3 customs, but it was fixed with a restart or a simple pause/unpause. if its anything besides that, its likely crappy media, use verbatium -r, that is all

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happens to me on some of the songs...its like its not reading the disk quick enough so the song track is about .5 seconds behind. A restart of the song fixes it.

Just remember in life you get what you pay for...

My original GH3 and GH:A work fine.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem with GH3 and GH:A .... no problem with GH:WT or rockband 2 or AC/DC ...

The problem seems to be that the game needs to read the disk for a split second and that put the song out of synch....doing a restart, you can hear that the drive is not being used the same way.

I am supposing that it has to do with the way the backup launcher accesses the drive (could it be because of 3x....)

anyway the restart option is good enough for me...I didnt pay for it after all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.