Hacking Guitar Hero/Rock Band shop hack on vWii?

joepassive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Back in the day when Guitar hero and Rock Band was popular users shared WAD files for the original wii that made the files on the shop showed up as purchased so you could download for free.
I Have the WADs, should i install them on the vWii or will it brick?

update: i did it. no brick and it works like it should! y'all can delete this

Reactions: Margen67

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back in the day when Guitar hero and Rock Band was popular users shared WAD files for the original wii that made the files on the shop showed up as purchased so you could download for free.
I Have the WADs, should i install them on the vWii or will it brick?

update: i did it. no brick and it works like it should! y'all can delete this

Not sure if you are still around, but if so, how did you get it to work?
I have all the DLC currently on my wii.

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would really appreciate your input here. Are you able to download the songs from the music store, if so how?
Did you have to re-download the songs, or did you somehow get the songs on your sd card to work?
What, if any, changes did you make to the vwii for it to work.
Thanks

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I would really appreciate your input here. Are you able to download the songs from the music store, if so how?
Did you have to re-download the songs, or did you somehow get the songs on your sd card to work?
What, if any, changes did you make to the vwii for it to work.
Thanks
Judging from the edited post, I think he just went ahead and installed the WAD's manually, and it worked as it should. I'm not OP though, can't speak for him.

EDIT: Don't help him OP

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Judging from the edited post, I think he just went ahead and installed the WAD's manually, and it worked as it should. I'm not OP though, can't speak for him.

That doesn't help me any. I'm not having trouble installing the wads, just downloading the purchased songs.
On the wii we patched (fake signed, whatever) ios 56 and 37.
I was wondering if he did any of that. I can't seem to find a thread on this for the vwii anywhere, it's all wii stuff.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That doesn't help me any. I'm not having trouble installing the wads, just downloading the purchased songs.
On the wii we patched (fake signed, whatever) ios 56 and 37.
I was wondering if he did any of that. I can't seem to find a thread on this for the vwii anywhere, it's all wii stuff.

Any exact directions would be appreciated. I tried doing this and it didn't work properly, and now, since I uninstalled the wads, it removed my real licenses, so I can't get my actual purchased music. I'd love to do the wads, or at least recover my real license. Suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any exact directions would be appreciated. I tried doing this and it didn't work properly, and now, since I uninstalled the wads, it removed my real licenses, so I can't get my actual purchased music. I'd love to do the wads, or at least recover my real license. Suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Basically I've done everything I did for the wii, with the exception of those two IOS's I mentioned.
I have 9 of 10 WAD's installed. I can access the Music Store. But I can't download anything (ERROR 204036).
If I install the last WAD, I can't even access the Music Store (ERROR 204036).

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically I've done everything I did for the wii, with the exception of those two IOS's I mentioned.
I have 9 of 10 WAD's installed. I can access the Music Store. But I can't download anything (ERROR 204036).
If I install the last WAD, I can't even access the Music Store (ERROR 204036).

My experience also, but I'm curious how you installed the 2 IOS's. I have some cIOS's installed (236/249/250) but I've been having difficulty installing a bugged IOS56. Where did you get the stock IOS56 file?

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My experience also, but I'm curious how you installed the 2 IOS's. I have some cIOS's installed (236/249/250) but I've been having difficulty installing a bugged IOS56. Where did you get the stock IOS56 file?

I haven't done anything to those IOS's as I can't find any information on how to do it. Judging by TotalInsanity4's response there isn't one.
You can get the stock IOS from your vwii with Blue Dump or Another Blue Dump --whatever it's called.

That's why I was wondering how joepassive got it to work.

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've come to the realization that joepassive could not have possibly got this to work, or else he would have responded by now.
These forums are suppose to be a place to look for help. If I was the OP I would try to help anyone else that was having the same problem.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I've come to the realization that joepassive could not have possibly got this to work, or else he would have responded by now.
These forums are suppose to be a place to look for help. If I was the OP I would try to help anyone else that was having the same problem.

...So he couldn't have gotten it to work because he doesn't feel like telling others how he did it? Yeah okay.

Mods, close thread please.

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...So he couldn't have gotten it to work because he doesn't feel like telling others how he did it? Yeah okay.

Mods, close thread please.

I'm not sure why I'm even responding to your post. But it seems like you do speak for the OP.

Judging by the first post, he was looking for help.
And it seems like he figured out what to do on his own, that's great.
Now there are at least 2 of us having the same problem, that's why we're here.
Back when people were having this problem on the wii, everyone chimed in with suggestions.
I guess now those people aren't trying to make it work on their vwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.