Gaming Guitar Hero DS On Tour Bootleg?

synicasm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a guitar hero ds On tour and a guitar hero grip from ebay... The game loads fine and the DS even recognizes that there is a grip attached to the slot in the startup screen, however when I go to play the game the grip does not function... only the ab/xy buttons work for the "frets"...

Can someone tell me if the real guitar hero on tour DS game can be played with ab/xy buttons ?

Also the numbers on the Cartridge are fishy.... The numbers are NTR-AD3P-USA

I think the numbers should be NTR-AAYE-USA

Anyway I have tried 2 different Hard Grips and neither have worked.
hate2.gif

My cheap guitar hero DS game + grip for 20.00 seemed like a good idea at the time... now im up to 30.00 with 2 useless grips and 1 semi useless games...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
synicasm said:
I bought a guitar hero ds On tour and a guitar hero grip from ebay... The game loads fine and the DS even recognizes that there is a grip attached to the slot in the startup screen, however when I go to play the game the grip does not function... only the ab/xy buttons work for the "frets"...

Can someone tell me if the real guitar hero on tour DS game can be played with ab/xy buttons ?

Also the numbers on the Cartridge are fishy.... The numbers are NTR-AD3P-USA

I think the numbers should be NTR-AAYE-USA

Anyway I have tried 2 different Hard Grips and neither have worked.
hate2.gif

My cheap guitar hero DS game + grip for 20.00 seemed like a good idea at the time... now im up to 30.00 with 2 useless grips and 1 semi useless games...

sounds like the HACKED ROM that plays the game minus the grip can you play it with the grip not connected??

if you can it seems like you bought a FAKE game cart along with a FAKE grip if you have a flashcard then just use a CLEAN unpatched rom with the fake grip it should work fine
smile.gif

synicasm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
sounds like the HACKED ROM that plays the game minus the grip can you play it with the grip not connected??

if you can it seems like you bought a FAKE game cart along with a FAKE grip if you have a flashcard then just use a CLEAN unpatched rom with the fake grip it should work fine
smile.gif

I can play it with the buttons with the grip attached or not.... they grips never work.
I dont have a flash card, this is my daughters DS, I feel bad since she spent her own $$ for it... I have contacted ebay stating that I thought it was a bootleg based on the numbers alone and that I cannot play it with any grips I have bought. but they said there was nothing wrong with the listing.... I was hoping to confirm that the real version of guitar hero cannot be played without the grip so I knew for 100% that the game was a fake.... I find it really odd that ebay would allow pirated games to be sold ....

QUOTE(x.domination @ May 11 2009, 03:43 AM) I think there is a code to play with the buttons in our cheat database?
Ill have to look into that , but but my daughter wants to use the grip...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
definitely fake.
guitar hero never works with abxy/d-pad buttons unless you use cheats or a hacked rom(either way, you'd have to knowingly do it yourself)

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its a fake the real one wont let you even play the game unless a grip is in. So playing with a/b/x/y isnt even possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.