Status
Not open for further replies.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AndreXL said:
Did the same thing Cliffius did and received the same issue...
I used YSMenu0810211800 and DSTTv1.16

Would be good if someone post either how to make the new version work or what the last combination to use that is working.

I think it was already established that the DSTT firmware 1.16 includes a fake card bricker code in it and that it really won't work on the YSmenu for R4. Although I'm not sure, I've never tried it but I've heard nothing but bad things about DSTT 1.16.

Orbiting234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geno_4_Ever said:
On my r4, i get an error that says "can't fatInitDefault"

Any solution?

Followed the instructions exactly and have the same error. Something missing from the guide???

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any ideas on how to edit or make a new ttreset.dat file so we can get soft-reset working ?

As far I can work out this file patches the rom on the fly for the soft-reset routine. ie if softreset is on and the file is missing you get a loading error, and a message about patching failed and ttreset missing or something.

edit.. would encrypting ttreset.dat do anything ? whats reset.mse ?

yabasi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was planning to test this out but when i click ttextract.exe i get nothing from it i tried 2 times and only the black window flashes in a milisecond then disapears without generating anything o.o help plawks ;D

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Can someone explain what the DMA option does? I'm sure it's something related to speed but I'd prefer more details.
smile.gif

CrazyConshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The YSMenu.ini already has a LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG.
It says:
LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
;LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG
; Sort by SAV Modification Time

So do I edit the JPN and then delete the semi-colon so there are two LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG's?

capnjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not seem to be working with YSMenu0810211800.zip. I followed the instructions exactly, but I'm getting an error on the DS as follows:

QUOTE said:
Yasu software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp
build: YASU Oct 21 2008 18:00:14
Error: can't fatInitDefault

Or maybe I did something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

capnjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
capnjack said:
This does not seem to be working with YSMenu0810211800.zip. I followed the instructions exactly, but I'm getting an error on the DS as follows:

QUOTE said:
Yasu software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp
build: YASU Oct 21 2008 18:00:14
Error: can't fatInitDefault

Or maybe I did something wrong? Please help. Thanks!

Never mind, I think I figured it out. I didn't encrypt the YSMenu.nds file properly. This thread helped me out too: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879&st=0

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
"Now run ttextract.exe, that will generate ttpatch.dat, ttdldi.dat, r4patch.dat, then delete ttextract.exe."
I did that, and no files were created.

hiyono123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rubiximus said:
bizzi said:
When i start a game, ttpatch debug starts and loads until step 14 and then it says:"write reload bins..." and nothing more happens, seems like it freezed?

someone can help?
I have the same problem here. This is about the third time I've gone through the whole process of setting it up. The first time some games worked fine but the newer ones would give "errcode=-7" and freeze. I eventually came to the realization that it was because I was using pitifully old DSTT firmware (like 1.07), so the newer roms probably just weren't supported yet.

I downloaded the DSTT 1.16, which seems to me to be the latest, and repeated the process, getting the same issue as bizzi: it would start the patch/debug and just as it looks like it's about to start the rom it freezes. I then backed up all my files, formatted my card, and repeated the process yet again with the same result. All the steps in the guide seem to go fine and homebrew loads no problem, so I think I have the latest versions of everything.

Suggestions as to what else I can try would be appreciated. Until then I guess I'll be putting R4 firmware back on.

I'm having the same problem.
Anyone can helf us, please?

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone possible pm me a working skinable ysmenu

I followed all the steps on the front page about two months ago and I have been using it fine it works great but its just a blank gray screen that displays a list of my games

I read people saying they can do homebrew and slot 2 devices but I don't have that ability

Can it be made to have themes like those on ndsthemes.com?

Kaze88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ummm.......I recently found out about this homebrew firmware method based on Yasu's software "YSMenu".

I can't seem to start using this method b/c when I followed the given link to Yasu's page, I don't know where I can download YSMenu.

I mean I see the "YSMenu" everywhere, but I can't click'em so I just started clicking random japanese words to see if any of those were the word "download"

So how do I download YSMenu from the site, or did Yasu close the download link to YSMenu?

Kaze88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found the download, and followed the step by step instructions.

And when I finished extracting, patching, and moving files around, I finally figured out what everyone mean "r4patch.dat" not appearing.

Right now, there were only 3 available YSMenu versions (Oct 2008, and 2 Jan 2009), and all of them were too recent to generate r4patch.dat.

So what should I do? can anyone email the r4patch.dat to me? coz Im trying to run this on my R4 with great hopes....

EDIT: OK.......I decided to try it without the concern of generating "r4patch.dat". BIG MISTAKE! EVERYTHING WAS FINE TILL I TRIED TO LOAD JUMP ULTIMATE STARS AND MANY OTHER ROMS!

I can't run anything due to this message: "r4patch.dat can't open loader"

So now....I've been desperately searching online to see if anyone uploaded any r4patch.dat seperately (is Yasu against this too?) but no luck.

Yasu's site only go as old as the october one, and everyone says they got their DAT from may versions.

Someone please help me and email me or tell me how I can get my hands on r4patch.dat~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7