GTACW on M3Lite

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Xcyper33, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009

GTACW on M3Lite by Xcyper33 at 9:13 PM (805 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Xcyper33

Member Xcyper33 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Can anyone confirm whether this will work on slot 2 M3Lite series? It seems like i've tried everything but it won't get past a black screen. Shouldn't the game atleast get to the save option failure? I'm using firmware 35e and apparently this doesn't work with GTACW at all. If only I can get the game to go PAST the black screen to where the save option appears then I can do everything else by myself. Yes these ARM7/9 fixes came out but there is no point of using it if my cart won't let it get past the black screen. What are the settings for Game Manager? Do I have to revert back to a previous firmware to play this? Help me out please.

OH CRAP I didn't know I spawned 3 topics of this! The forums were acting so slow mods please don't close this topic, that was purely accident. Close the other 2 though please.
  2. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    come on Xcyper33, your total posts is 23 and you have already posted 20 posts about this..that's enough already! if someone has a solution for you then they'll post it..just sit and wait or go bug the m3team and ask them for a new firmware update for m3lite
  3. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2006
    East Oakland, Califo'nia
    United States
    Poor time you've been having buddy. I feel for you. GBalpha/M3/G6/etc hasn't been doing much for Slot-2 users in a long while. Their Chinese boards have many threads blasting/cursing/begging related to M3Lite/mini/SD/CF issues.

Anyway, I used the v2 patch made for Cyclo/Edge (ARM9 only patch, not the v1 ARM7 & ARM9 patch for R4/M3Real/etc). Then in Game Manager 36a I used... no soft-reset; 4 x DMA (Fast Direct); Force R/W; no trim.

Soft-reset may work... didn't try... don't like it personally. Trimming isn't needed as the patch auto-trims it. I played to the first save, and then restarted it. So far so good.

Hope you get it to work on your M3Lite too.