Not open for further replies.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay!
Why is IE still being used though?!?
It's because IE is the default browser in any computer with Windows installed, so a lot of people who aren't really tech savvy still use it.
Google Chrome however is getting more and more common as it's faster and still very easy to use plus it's gets advertised on Google's search engine, a page probably used on a regular basis by more than 90% of the total Internet user base.
+ loads of businesses still use it, mostly because some programs/sites/.... aren't up-to-date and only work with IE 6 or so.
Chrome is required for salesforce.com (for best usage), which is like necessary for businesses.

D

Deleted_171835

well, you do know what they say about the IQ levels of the people who use IE... it is the default browser, and with low IQs, you can't really expect people to install another browser to replace IE. oh no, they'd plow through IE as if it's the most natural thing in the world to do.

I don't understand what you mean with people who have low IQs. Lots of people simply don't care, and don't use the internet that much.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8674678/Internet-Explorer-users-have-below-average-IQ.html

It's a joooooke.

Reactions: 1 person

AkiroWolfman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Firefox, still the best browser on the planet for me. Google Chrome is just not for me. Not to mention Firefox sounds better.

Reactions: 1 person

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
On good computers I'd use a combination of Chrome and Firefox. Occasionally I find a site that doesn't work in one so I just switch to the other. It's not uncommon for me to have both open at once. yes in theory you should only have to use one browser but none have reached the sophistication and stability I need for that.

On bad computers I use Chrome because I am too impatient to wait 30 seconds for the browser to open.

I have used opera and I dislike the interface. I have used Safari and I love its special anti-aliasing for text. So smooth and readable.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've been using FireFox/Mozilla since I started using Windows PCs 10 years ago but for the last 3 years FireFox has contained a major memory bug. The longer I leave it open, the more ram it uses, whether or not anything is being loaded or in use. Recently I have been experimenting with Chrome and it seems to be a lot faster and is much less memory intensive. The only thing I still enjoy about FireFox are the add-ons I use but I'm sure many of these are available for Chrome now.

it's the main reason why i am using firefox less and less, i can't stand the lag, on top of that the net stops working using firefox, when i then switch to chrome my net works fine, i wish i knew what is causing the problem in firefox but for now i have to start using chrome more because youtbe videos play much better in chrome and don't freeze like they do in firefox.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried chrome and had many issues with it not loading plugins. and i got several alerts of it always trying to communicate back to google. i did not like that.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
well, you do know what they say about the IQ levels of the people who use IE... it is the default browser, and with low IQs, you can't really expect people to install another browser to replace IE. oh no, they'd plow through IE as if it's the most natural thing in the world to do.

I don't understand what you mean with people who have low IQs. Lots of people simply don't care, and don't use the internet that much.
What does that have to do with IQ? I'd recommend googling what IQ is, because the two are unrelated.
Yes they're unrelated, but I remember reading an article about it from way back. Supposedly, a study's been made, something about profiling a thousand or so people, ranking them by IQ, and then getting their browser preferences. People with higher IQs prefer Safari, Chrome, and Opera. I suspect that's because they actually find those EASIER to use. People who don't care much take what's readily available, and that's pretty much IE.

Of course, the way I previously said it, it must have come out as fact. I should have said something about the study first.
AND I SHOULD HAVE ADDED A HUGE GRAIN OF SALT. It amuses me to know that people take my word as fact.

Firefox > chrome
Firefox is a slug. It takes ages to load up and actually requires an active component to pre-load it in the background so it seems faster. It used to be zippity, back when Chrome didn't exist. Now I only use it for proxies. Chrome is my browser of choice. I like being able to rip streaming media off of it without any trickery or skullduggery involved.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I really just don't like Chrome. I don't have the privacy options I prefer, find add-ons to be troublesome to work with in that specific browser, and don't have the address bar options that makes my browsing on Firefox so much easier. I mean, I get that every browser is preferred for different reasons, but in my experience, Chrome isn't a faster browser. It's truly on par with Firefox in differing respects, which makes me wonder why people think Chrome is the fastest thing on the planet. Assuming your computer isn't ancient, the start-up times would likely only differ by a couple of seconds on a bad day.

Anyways, I believe Opera is technically the best browser, legitimately, with a little bit of customization. I don't see everybody running off and using that, though.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opera is better than any browser out there. Chrome steals everything Opera implements way before.
Save for the way it handles more recent web standards I love my Opera. I have a very JQuery intensive imageboard system I maintain though and it takes like 30 seconds to render in Opera. Pretty fast in Chrome, though.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
No surprise.

This comment was from a person who uses and loves Google Chrome.

But really, loving something depends on perspective. I might like IE but you may like chrome, or you may like Firefox and I may like Opera. It all depends on perspective.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I have both browsers, Chrome and Firefox (the Aurora version), in all of my computers, however I mainly use Firefox, Chrome is lighter sure, but Firefox still has many things that I love that Chrome doesn't have, things that just make me love Firefox. =3

What does firefox have that chrome doesn't? :unsure:

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Chrome.. My bro always pummel me with this one, though i've tried and hated the bookmark system. Firefox is good enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu