Status
Not open for further replies.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@[member='Narayan'] You used to be able to pin your most visited sites on the 'new tab' page so that they don't move around / swap with others. You also used to be able to reorder the most visited - this has also been disabled. I think Google took it a bit to literally with the 'most visited'.
but you can drag the ones in your most visited site, and put it into apps.
you can also put a 3rd page in new tab.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also, @ people saying about plugins - nearly every plugin you can get on firefox is now available on chrome too + more. Plus it's REALLY easy to install new extensions in the chrome web store, literally 2 clicks and it's installed.
Why would I change, it's just as easy on Firefox + also just 2 clicks (not that I care much about the amount of clicks). It's already set up exactly like I want it, with Greasemonkey scripts and Firefox Sync and all.
I'm not changing anytime soon, not until I suddenly start getting irritated by the 400 MB RAM it usually uses ;)

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

squeeee!
1631944_700b.jpg

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
well, you do know what they say about the IQ levels of the people who use IE... it is the default browser, and with low IQs, you can't really expect people to install another browser to replace IE. oh no, they'd plow through IE as if it's the most natural thing in the world to do.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using FireFox/Mozilla since I started using Windows PCs 10 years ago but for the last 3 years FireFox has contained a major memory bug. The longer I leave it open, the more ram it uses, whether or not anything is being loaded or in use. Recently I have been experimenting with Chrome and it seems to be a lot faster and is much less memory intensive. The only thing I still enjoy about FireFox are the add-ons I use but I'm sure many of these are available for Chrome now.

Gets google chrome hair cut,
Gets fired from job.
gets hired by Google immediately...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you do know what they say about the IQ levels of the people who use IE... it is the default browser, and with low IQs, you can't really expect people to install another browser to replace IE. oh no, they'd plow through IE as if it's the most natural thing in the world to do.

I don't understand what you mean with people who have low IQs. Lots of people simply don't care, and don't use the internet that much.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still using FireFox, but i have to admit that it's been a major disappointment in the last 3 or 4 years. There's nothing exclusive to it anymore, it's not the fastest, prettiest, lightest or reliable browser out there, so yes, Chrome probably will be my default browser in a not so distant future.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't understand what you mean with people who have low IQs. Lots of people simply don't care, and don't use the internet that much.
What does that have to do with IQ? I'd recommend googling what IQ is, because the two are unrelated.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I must admit, it was hard to switch to google chrome when it first came to windows. I was using firefox with a bunch of useful add-ons. Eventually I got used to google chrome and have been using it ever since. It's fast and simple to use.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What does that have to do with IQ? I'd recommend googling what IQ is, because the two are unrelated.
You talking to me I assume. I do know what IQ, and I don't find being stupid related to using IE. There are tons of smart geniuses out there that use IE, and there are tons of retards that use Chrome.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You talking to me I assume. I do know what IQ, and I don't find being stupid related to using IE. There are tons of smart geniuses out there that use IE, and there are tons of retards that use Chrome.
That may be true, but that's completely irrelevant concerning Ferofax's post and the relative subject matter. Obviously using IE won't make you stupid, that's not what he was saying, though. They simply collect information from various actions and then create what they think is the IQ of the users of the internet browsers. It's highly inaccurate, but he's making a point that most people won't be bothered to/won't know to switch browsers, and therefore probably won't.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the thing I like most about Chrome is just using my own personal skin. That and the broader viewing, even if just a little. Oh, and it does feel like it works a little bit faster. Then again, I'm not the best judge since the laptop I use is kind of iffy right now anyways :/

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have both browsers, Chrome and Firefox (the Aurora version), in all of my computers, however I mainly use Firefox, Chrome is lighter sure, but Firefox still has many things that I love that Chrome doesn't have, things that just make me love Firefox. =3
Although I always install Chrome when I some of my clients pc's, since it's faster than IE and it's easier to use than Firefox tbh.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That may be true, but that's completely irrelevant concerning Ferofax's post and the relative subject matter. Obviously using IE won't make you stupid, that's not what he was saying, though. They simply collect information from various actions and then create what they think is the IQ of the users of the internet browsers. It's highly inaccurate, but he's making a point that most people won't be bothered to/won't know to switch browsers, and therefore probably won't.
This is Ferofax were talking about, he's not that stupid. Did it occur to anyone that MAYBE it was a joke?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1