Hacking Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

darkmvr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can btw confirm on EU disc version 5.5.1 it also unlocks all dlc characters, i only had Ryu so thats kinda cool lol.

Kamloops Smash

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Googie,

I'm actually a Youtuber, I make Smash 4 texture packs, have a couple out already, just youtube Kamloops Smash.

The problem I'm running into is that I've made a ton of US packs, and they all work great, but people are requesting for European counterparts, and I'm not quite sure how to get the EU packs working. How did you do the EU packs?

Someone gave me a European dump, and I opened a new Smash Explorer with that, and then pasted into the workspace folder of that my old textures from the US pack, but after building the mods people in Europe are saying everything freezes on their CSS.

Greatly appreciate your help!

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
OP
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hey Googie,

I'm actually a Youtuber, I make Smash 4 texture packs, have a couple out already, just youtube Kamloops Smash.

The problem I'm running into is that I've made a ton of US packs, and they all work great, but people are requesting for European counterparts, and I'm not quite sure how to get the EU packs working. How did you do the EU packs?

Someone gave me a European dump, and I opened a new Smash Explorer with that, and then pasted into the workspace folder of that my old textures from the US pack, but after building the mods people in Europe are saying everything freezes on their CSS.

Greatly appreciate your help!
Actually, I'm not the one who made the EU version... That would be my buddy @LordDakor. My understanding was that there's a couple of files that are in the US version that don't play well with the EU version, for example the characters_db...

BTW, an update for everyone - I've just moved to my new place in LA. However, things are hella hectic, and I still haven't had the chance to build my Windows desktop yet. I've got some of the parts, but I'll have to wait until next paycheck rolls in (moving is VERY draining on finances)... However, I have seen a LOT of progress in the modding community during my "time off" and I'm hoping the vast amount of new content that will be available, and a fresh creative spark from time off will come quite in handy.

I will also be looking into a smaller "Lite" version of the mod pack. Aside from the custom music, the "Lite" version is going to only have a small handful of my personal skins per each character... Ideal for people who just want a small amount of mods for online play/trying things out/personal use. Having a TON of skins to choose from is awesome, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by 40 Falcon costumes. It's more of a personal build that'll also be available for anyone to download, so y'all can look forward to that.

In the meantime, if any of y'all do graphic design, or you just know how to use photoshop well and have a creative streak, hit me up. I need someone to help me with something.

LordDakor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I'm not the one who made the EU version... That would be my buddy @LordDakor. My understanding was that there's a couple of files that are in the US version that don't play well with the EU version, for example the characters_db...

BTW, an update for everyone - I've just moved to my new place in LA. However, things are hella hectic, and I still haven't had the chance to build my Windows desktop yet. I've got some of the parts, but I'll have to wait until next paycheck rolls in (moving is VERY draining on finances)... However, I have seen a LOT of progress in the modding community during my "time off" and I'm hoping the vast amount of new content that will be available, and a fresh creative spark from time off will come quite in handy.

I will also be looking into a smaller "Lite" version of the mod pack. Aside from the custom music, the "Lite" version is going to only have a small handful of my personal skins per each character... Ideal for people who just want a small amount of mods for online play/trying things out/personal use. Having a TON of skins to choose from is awesome, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by 40 Falcon costumes. It's more of a personal build that'll also be available for anyone to download, so y'all can look forward to that.

In the meantime, if any of y'all do graphic design, or you just know how to use photoshop well and have a creative streak, hit me up. I need someone to help me with something.
Hey guys! Looking forward to the next version of the modpack :wub: The "Lite" version sounds like a really good idea. I'm also considering of making my own modpack eventually. I want some skins to be separate character slots in the CSS and then tweak their moveset. It will almost be like I'm adding clone characters (Lucina, Dark Pit, etc).

Here are some examples of what other people have done. It gives you an idea to my approach.

Super Pokken Bros. Modpack

Raichu Alpha Moveset

Nothing concrete yet but we will see what happens :D I'm also back at university so I will be quite busy :teach:

MarinaTentacles

OP
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Edgy Meta-Knight crashes the game.
I noticed that on my version too. Are using US or EU?
It's because he's missing the "mantle" file, if I remember correctly. It's on my list of things to fix. My PC parts are coming in next week, so that's when I'll getting back into modding, as well as starting on v2 of the pack.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Ben37940

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! This modpack is amazing! Thumbs up for adding EU support!

The bugs i noticed are: While blocking, Waluigi's arm grows a LOT. IDK why this happens, might be the set animation for him or the model.

Anyway, do you think you could add this Skin?: http://gamebanana.com/skins/147360
Its the Frisk and chara Skinpack for villager. It says "CSP, Stock Icon, etc. included.
I also made some nameplates and a special soul stock icon." So it should be fine?

Anyway, Keep up the good work!

MarinaTentacles

OP
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, good news! I've managed to get a new computer put together, so I'll be getting back into the swing of things with modding!

Now, I've discovered some "limits" with the amount of things that can fit into the game, so I'll have to reconsider the scope of the project. It seems like there's a maximum number of costumes and such, so... I'll have to figure THAT out...

More info coming soon!

Reactions: I pwned U!

jc5504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the updates, and your continued support for this mod pack. I know I haven't been keeping up much around this forum, but I thought I'd let you know that I use your mod pack with my brother every day. Looking forward for the next version!

Reactions: LordDakor

MarinaTentacles

OP
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to download just the music pack unpacked?
At the moment, no. I'm working on getting that up though. Probably won't be until I go back to work on Monday because my internet at the place I'm staying is crap.

On another note, computer is up and running. And oh? What's this?

2m51ifm.png

Last edited by MarinaTentacles,

oscat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm cloning your repository rn, could i just drag n drop the needed files into my workspace for just the music?

Last edited by oscat,

oscat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, so I have the bgm folder with all the songs, and the config you've provided in the link. What else do I need? Sorry for all the questions, I know nothing about music and nus3banks n' stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34