God of War Becomes Fastest-Selling PS4 Exclusive

god of war.jpg

Following overwhelmingly positive reviews and accolades, the newly released God of War became the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive, with more than 3.1 million units sold globally in the first three days (April 20–22)! Actually, it is one of the fastest-selling Playstation-exclusive in such a short timespan till date. For comparison, it bested titles like Uncharted 4 (2.7 million in a week), Horizon Zero Dawn (2.6 million in two weeks) and The Last of Us (3.4 million in three weeks on PS3).

The news broke on a Playstation Blog post with Santa Monica Studio studio head Shannon Studstill sharing this personal message:

“I would like to personally thank the millions of fans around the world who decided to embark on Kratos’ latest adventure with us. Your support is truly inspiring, and it’s a reason why we push ourselves every day to go beyond the boundaries of play. I’d also like to thank our Creative Director, Cory Barlog, and Director of Product Development, Yumi Yang and our entire amazing team at Santa Monica Studio. The belief in the game’s vision and the passion for storytelling across the team is undeniable. We look forward to hearing more about how fans are creating new memories of their favorite God of War gameplay moments that will be remembered for a long time.”

With a score of 95 on OpenCritic and 94 on MetaCritic (at the time of writing), God of War is one of the highest rated games ever with several reviewers giving it a 10/10 score. Have you played the game or are looking forward to? If so, do you agree with the scores and think that it lives up to the hype?

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
God of War? Ohhh you mean Dad of Boy.

I haven't played it myself, but I'm not surprised with the high review scores from what I've seen of it. They successfully melded Dark Souls with the GoW formula, and we can always use more Dark Souls games.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: JustAKirby

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Here's what I said last week with the mag staff:
I finished it last night and thought it was excellent. Fun? Sure.
I've been thinking all night on whether I agree with all the 10/10 scores, and I guess I do. This is one of the best games I've ever played and what is the point in the 10/10 scale if we literally never use the top of it "because no game is perfect"?

To add to that, there is quite a bit of backtracking and the boat is used too much - but I understand this is to mask loading. The first 4-5 hours are a bit slow, but apart from that I have no issues with any of it.
The world design is amazing when you consider how it all interlocks and changes throughout the game, the story is great, music and VA are great, graphics are the best I have ever seen, period, and the fact that it's God of War, modern and mature, but still relatable, is just an incredible achievement imo.

Reactions: Prans and KingVamp
D

Deleted User

God of War? Ohhh you mean Dad of Boy.
I don't know if this means what I assume it does, but if it does you didn't have to bring something like this comment into this thread. Thanks, and good day.

I haven't played God of War (probably because I don't own a PS4) but from what I have seen it looks really fun and I really want to play it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this means what I assume it does, but if it does you didn't have to bring something like this comment into this thread. Thanks, and good day.
I don't know if it means what you think it does either. I believe his son's name in the game is actually "Boy," so it's just a play on the title "God of War" also having three letters in each word.

I've also seen it called Disappointed Father Simulator '18.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: fedehda
D

Deleted User

I don't know if it means what you think it does either. I believe his son's name in the game is actually "Boy," so it's just a play on the title "God of War" also having three letters in each word.

well that tells you how much I know about the game. Glad it wasn't what I thought. Guess I should stop jumping to conclusions lmao.

bodefuceta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

More like God of Soy. He isn't even his biological child, it's absolutely certain Atreus is actually Loki.

Also, make make sure you DON'T look up how Loki conceived Sleipnir.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am Nintendo fan , never get along or seemed interested in ps3 games even when I sold mine , but the only game I finished and thought it was Amazing was god of war 3 . So now I’m waiting for a last hack on ps4 to be able and play it

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like God of Soy. He isn't even his biological child, it's absolutely certain Atreus is actually Loki.

Also, make make sure you DON'T look up how Loki conceived Sleipnir.
No. I hope you're joking. It's pretty much confirmed that Atreus is Kratos's son.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Every thing in this game was done right, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Even the side quest was fun to do, and Mimir, Mimir deserve an award.

Reactions: T-hug

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This prove how many fake players exist if this shit sold so fast.
And who cares about reviews? Im interested only in what i think about something.
Reviewers now are bribed and only serves to persuade gamers to buy new shitty games. Every trash garbage now take 8,9 or 10/10? Dont make me laugh, they give high score even to FF XV, one of worst byproduct of human history.

These reviewers, every time: Best Game Ever.
Ahaha c'mon man, best mean ONLY One, how could be possible every new game is the best game of all time? Ahaha pathetic.

Little note: back in old times, reviers always had some to whining when games were TRU and best and more funny and had better story, music and characters) and now "masterpiece" everywhere when games are all clones of each others with stereotype hipsters tendencies characters like the beard man or violent woman?
Bribe, bribe everywhere.

Last edited by Lord M,

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And who cares about reviews? Im interested only in what i think about something.
Reviewers now are bribed and only serves to persuade gamers to buy new shitty games. Every trash garbage now take 8,9 or 10/10? Dont make me laugh, they give high score even to FF XV, one of worst byproduct of human history.

Ahaha c'mon man, best mean ONLY One, how could be possible every new game is the best game of all time? Ahaha pathetic.

Little note: back in old times, reviers always had some to whining when games were TRU and best and more funny and had better story, music and characters) and now "masterpiece" everywhere when games are all clones of each others with stereotype hipsters tendencies characters like the beard man or violent woman?
Bribe, bribe everywhere.
That was a nice reading, can't wait to read more when you grow up.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That was a nice reading, can't wait to read more when you grow up.
You need to grow up.
GoW 4 is just a oscar-bait fucking movies, not a game.

Well then, Kratos is Spartan, spartan = greek.
Kratos in Norse Myth? Something goes wrong here. Please stop with drugs
Nobody with a bit of brain can play a such a great garbage like this, no one seems to have a little respect for his/her own brain nowdays. This game is culturally wrong, a total garbage.

And Kratos with beard just because beard is a tendence now. PLEASE GROW UP, tendencies is useless, you can keep living without them :)

How strange that reviewers dont mention the fact that Kratos can not be in Norse myth. Why? Ah right: bribes. Cannot say the truth because some idiots then dont buy this byproduct... gamers that need other's reviews are not true gamers

FIRST TRUE GOW4 REVIEW:
0/10
Beard and Norse myth just because tendence
Game copied from Dark Soul and Last of Us (beard man and little kid, same camera, Hmmmm)
No personality, just a collection of stuff from other games

Last edited by Lord M,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Bribe, bribe everywhere.

Although overhyped, I bought this game day 1 and it's not bad at all, it's pretty well executed and you see a lot of work in every spot although the game itself is not innovative at all unike BotW or SMO for instance.

I think since Alundra days Sony dreams of a zelda of their own and this game sort of nailed it.

I think its ok to dislike this game as any other, maybe its not to your taste, but its not a bad gamr at all calling it shit feels somehow disrespectful towards the amount of effort from developers you see pouring in this game.

The sales were sort of expected to be high since the game was highly anticipated along years of trailers and hype and had a meta of 94 just before release. I doubt Sony is lying, I don't have many PSN friends and I caught at least 5 playing god of war in the last week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu