'God of War' sequel delayed to 2022

god of war.JPG

Last year, Sony's Santa Monica Studio announced that the sequel to the PS4's God of War would release sometime in 2021. But the release window has now been pushed to 2022. Head of PlayStation Studios, Hermen Hulst, made the announcement in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog. Santa Monica Studio followed up with a tweet writing that the decision to postpone the release window was made with the focus on "delivering top-quality game while maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our team, creative partners and families".

Hulst revealed some other interesting details in the interview. For one, he says that the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7 will, like Horizon Forbidden West, be available on both PS4 and PS5. He also thinks that Horizon Forbidden West is still on track to release this holiday season but quickly adds that this "isn’t quite certain yet" and they will confirm this at a later date.

The head of PlayStation Studios also reiterated that more PlayStation first-party titles will come to PCs and that they will "continue to look at the right times to launch each game".

As for other PlayStation games, Hermen Hulst revealed that Bend Studio is working on a "very exciting new IP that they’re very, very passionate about" which will build "on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone".

You can read the full interview in the source linked below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Perfect, I needed this as I can't get a PS5 right now (I don't wanna play it on a PS4). Hopefully I can get one in time, great opportunity haha. :D

And wow, more games for PC. I wonder though if GoW would ever make it, that might make getting a PlayStation less appealing but you never know if their thinking is that it is worth it to boost game sales.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, I needed this as I can't get a PS5 right now (I don't wanna play it on a PS4). Hopefully I can get one in time, great opportunity haha. :D

And wow, more games for PC. I wonder though if GoW would ever make it, that might make getting a PlayStation less appealing but you never know if their thinking is that it is worth it to boost game sales.
Come on we all know you won't buy a PS5 next year..

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Shigeru Miyamoto:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Obligatory comment for delayed game discussion. :P

Come on we all know you won't buy a PS5 next year..

Stock issues yes, but I've actually got options. There's a local shop in my country that stocks them from time to time, and I could also get one from China. :)

Last edited by Jiehfeng,
Reactions: HideoKojima

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who stepped away from consoles, except for Nintendo because they own 51% of my soul, I'm really glad to see PlayStation titles come to PC. As that is my platform of choice, it gives me access to more games that I would have otherwise missed out on.

Reactions: SeventhSon7

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Shigeru Miyamoto:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

We really need to update that quote, the years have not been good for it.

If that quote was a person, you’d need to keep it far away from Kickstarter.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but they're the reasons you buy a console, why would i buy a console if i could play all the games on pc

That ones extremely easy to answer. Because for the majority, buying a Series X or PS5 is cheaper than upgrading their PC to the equivalent of either console. For example, buying a Series X was far, far, FAR cheaper for me than upgrading my i5 2500k, GTX 1060, LGA 1155 motherboard, etc. Just because you or some others have a PC that is a superior build to a console, doesn't mean everyone else does. Exclusives may be why YOU buy a console, and that's fine if you have a great PC, but not everyone does.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
That ones extremely easy to answer. Because for the majority, buying a Series X or PS5 is cheaper than upgrading their PC to the equivalent of either console. For example, buying a Series X was far, far, FAR cheaper for me than upgrading my i5 2500k, GTX 1060, LGA 1155 motherboard, etc. Just because you or some others have a PC that is a superior build to a console, doesn't mean everyone else does.
my point of "why buy a console if it has no exclusives" still stands,if i could buy an xbox and get the exact same games, what even is the point of buying a ps5 at that point, exclusives are why people buy systems(unless you're one of those people who goes OMG IT HAS SONY ON IT I MUST CONSUME PRODUCT)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...