'God of War' sequel delayed to 2022

god of war.JPG

Last year, Sony's Santa Monica Studio announced that the sequel to the PS4's God of War would release sometime in 2021. But the release window has now been pushed to 2022. Head of PlayStation Studios, Hermen Hulst, made the announcement in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog. Santa Monica Studio followed up with a tweet writing that the decision to postpone the release window was made with the focus on "delivering top-quality game while maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our team, creative partners and families".

Hulst revealed some other interesting details in the interview. For one, he says that the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7 will, like Horizon Forbidden West, be available on both PS4 and PS5. He also thinks that Horizon Forbidden West is still on track to release this holiday season but quickly adds that this "isn’t quite certain yet" and they will confirm this at a later date.

The head of PlayStation Studios also reiterated that more PlayStation first-party titles will come to PCs and that they will "continue to look at the right times to launch each game".

As for other PlayStation games, Hermen Hulst revealed that Bend Studio is working on a "very exciting new IP that they’re very, very passionate about" which will build "on the deep open-world systems that they developed with Days Gone".

You can read the full interview in the source linked below.

:arrow: SOURCE

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This PC can play anything released in the last 10 years and most likely in the next 2-5 years in either 720p60 or 1080p60.
You could also have just bought any RTX 20XX (at MSRP) card for far, FAR cheaper than a XSX and have a rig capable of doing more than what the XSX can.

720p/1080p. Okay. I'll be over here playing 4K60 & 4K120. Reading comprehension also helps. I already said I'd have to update more than just the GPU. I didn't read the rest of your post.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh the irony

Except you're using it incorrectly. Clap clap. I never commented on the portion I didn't read & also didn't misquote the portion I did read. So...... Are you finished yet?

Edit: Another thing. Besides a new $400 msrp gpu, cpu, motherboard, ram, and ssd, throw in a 4K Blu-ray drive and Dolby Vision capability.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could also have just bought any RTX 20XX (at MSRP) card for far, FAR cheaper than a XSX and have a rig capable of doing more than what the XSX can.

Why buy a PC or an XSX? I haven't bought a PS5 yet, but I probably will.

For computer based stuff I exclusively use laptops and I can't think of anything worse than owning anything that could be described as "a rig".

I like portable consoles, but as my TV isn't portable then it's fine for non portable consoles too.

Last edited by smf,

SeventhSon7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who stepped away from consoles, except for Nintendo because they own 51% of my soul, I'm really glad to see PlayStation titles come to PC. As that is my platform of choice, it gives me access to more games that I would have otherwise missed out on.

This is the direction I'm heading, though in some cases the 'movie games' Sony publishes aren't enticing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you seem to be completely ignoring my point, which is why buy a ps5 since it has 0 exclusives

One might want PS5/SeXbox because some PC releases still come with shitty DRM/anti-tampering like Denuvo (some get cracked, but not all) or requirements for a bunch of different publisher accounts like Rockstar Social Club, EA Origin, Ubisoft Uplay, or Bethesda (now MS).

Of course, pirates can avoid these hassles on PC, but less savvy gamers could prefer the 'convenience' of a console.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why buy a PC or an XSX? I haven't bought a PS5 yet, but I probably will.

With a good PC you get to play all games from the dawn of gaming to PS3+ recent releases, with either emulation and/or much cheaper prices on sales + mods + upgrades + fixes from the community. PCs are also "jailbroken/unlocked" by design.

Other than what I've already mentioned (portability/convenience), why NOT buy a PC? Price? Lack of knowledge on tampering with it?
If one isn't a casual gamer, one should definitely own a mid-high end PC before anything else.

720p/1080p. Okay. I'll be over here playing 4K60 & 4K120. Reading comprehension also helps.

Sure you will. 4k120 (actually UHD, not 4k) on a console, just like the base PS4 would run 4k60.
Good luck with that on titles that aren't 2D indie games. That will only happen with bad overall settings (shadow, textures, effects etc.)

And good job skipping the rest of the post, which would address some of your points.

Like I said, there are valid reasons for buying a console (Exclusives/experience/convenience) and I myself will be getting a PS5 for those very reasons, but never I'd invest on a console before getting a good PC (yours is good enough for me IMO. Hit me up if you ever wanna sell it).

As a final note, IMO, 4k is a waste of processing power, money, bandwidth (for streaming) etc. atm, unless you have a big screen TV (46"+) and sits moderately far from it. 1440p should be the plateau to aim for, for a LONG time.

Reactions: SeventhSon7

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a good PC you get to play all games from the dawn of gaming to PS3+ recent releases, with either emulation and/or much cheaper prices on sales + mods + upgrades + fixes from the community. PCs are also "jailbroken/unlocked" by design.

Other than what I've already mentioned (portability/convenience), why NOT buy a PC? Price? Lack of knowledge on tampering with it?
If one isn't a casual gamer, one should definitely own a mid-high end PC before anything else.

Sure you will. 4k120 (actually UHD, not 4k) on a console, just like the base PS4 would run 4k60.
Good luck with that on titles that aren't 2D indie games. That will only happen with bad overall settings (shadow, textures, effects etc.)

And good job skipping the rest of the post, which would address some of your points.

Like I said, there are valid reasons for buying a console (Exclusives/experience/convenience) and I myself will be getting a PS5 for those very reasons, but never I'd invest on a console before getting a good PC (yours is good enough for me IMO. Hit me up if you ever wanna sell it).

As a final note, IMO, 4k is a waste of processing power, money, bandwidth (for streaming) etc. atm, unless you have a big screen TV (46"+) and sits moderately far from it. 1440p should be the plateau to aim for, for a LONG time.

I did go back and read the rest & I disagree with the majority of it. Shrug. Your comparisons are nonsense because you're saying a pc with an outdated gpu, cpu, ram, and ssd that are not even close to being up to par with EITHER the PS5 or Series X is a good enough replacement for either of them. Goalposts moved again, but by someone else this time. You absolutely can NOT build a full pc that is on par with either console even if paying msrp. You'd need at least something like a 2060 Super which is $400 alone. Now add as close to possible equivalent ram, cpu, ssd, 4k Blu-ray drive, case, fans, etc. You're spreading complete nonsense. I can almost guarantee your PC also doesn't support Dolby Vision gaming. My aging PC is "good enough"? Lmfao. You want to play most games at medium/medium-low settings in 1080p just to TRY getting a solid 60fps, and something like The Medium running at 10-20 fps with even crappy settings? Go for it. And before you go on with this nonsense that only graphically inferior indie pixel games or some shit has 120fps or that there's some huge significant changes to the graphics... here you go... and then kindly sit down.

Edit: Here's just a couple more Series X titles that support 120fps support:

Alien Isolation
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 4
Battlefield 5
Battlefield Hardline
Borderlands 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Warzone
CrossCode
Descenders
Destiny 2
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
Dirt 4
Dirt 5
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
ExoMecha
Fortnite
Gears 5 (multiplayer)
Golf with your Friends
Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition
Hyperscape
Island Saver
Jydge
King Oddball
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
Mad Max
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Moving Out
My Friend Pedro
Metal: Hellsinger
Minecraft Dungeons
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
New Super Lucky's Tale
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Orphan of the Machine
Overcooked 2!
Overwatch
Paladins
Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
Rainbow Six Siege
Realm Royale
Rocket League
Rogue Company
Samurai Shodown
Sea of Thieves
Second Extinction
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Squadrons
SMITE
Superhot
Superhot: Mind Control Delete
Super Lucky's Tale
The Gardens Between
The Falconeer
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The Touryst
Titanfall
Titanfall 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
Totally Reliable Delivery Service
Unravel 2
Unruly Heroes
Untitled Goose Game
WRC 9
Zombie Army 4

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A bunch of nonsense + a list of old gen remasters/rereleases

First of all: I said UHD(double 1080p = 3840x2160)@120fps. (4k is 4096x2160).
Nothing this gen will run at 4k120 without severe graphical settings tweaks.
You showed a video of ancient halo remasters, and even in that video it's explained that it runs 120fps on dynamic resolution for some title (Halo 2 anniversary), and people saying it isn't a stable 120fps on comments.

On that very list of nothing new, I picked at least a semi-recent game, Borderlands 3, and even that can't handle UHD@120:
- check the comments.
1440p120 and 1080p120 is a given though.

In case I didn't make myself clear enough, I don't care about 4k, HDR or DVG. All I care about is 1440p or 1080@ 120 or 144 Hz, because stable, high refresh rates are much, MUCH more important than resolution after the 1080p plateau, for any kind of game.
/opinion

As for prices, yeah, you do have a point if you're building one from scratch or trying to skip to current tech.
Then again, even a small upgrade for your current PC would make it 1440p120 ready (and a beast of an emulating machine) while costing the same or less than an XSX (considering MSRP for all parts/the console).

But I digress. Let's stop discussing here and agree to disagree, since we're veering off to off-topic lands now.

On-topic: Clicked this news expecting some info about other games, which I got. No care for GoW at all.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
At the moment, PS5 is nothing more than just a budget PC. Without good exclusive and bigger stock, people would forget about it after a year.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did go back and read the rest & I disagree with the majority of it. Shrug. Your comparisons are nonsense because you're saying a pc with an outdated gpu, cpu, ram, and ssd that are not even close to being up to par with EITHER the PS5 or Series X is a good enough replacement for either of them. Goalposts moved again, but by someone else this time. You absolutely can NOT build a full pc that is on par with either console even if paying msrp. You'd need at least something like a 2060 Super which is $400 alone. Now add as close to possible equivalent ram, cpu, ssd, 4k Blu-ray drive, case, fans, etc. You're spreading complete nonsense. I can almost guarantee your PC also doesn't support Dolby Vision gaming. My aging PC is "good enough"? Lmfao. You want to play most games at medium/medium-low settings in 1080p just to TRY getting a solid 60fps, and something like The Medium running at 10-20 fps with even crappy settings? Go for it. And before you go on with this nonsense that only graphically inferior indie pixel games or some shit has 120fps or that there's some huge significant changes to the graphics... here you go... and then kindly sit down.

Edit: Here's just a couple more Series X titles that support 120fps support:

Alien Isolation
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 4
Battlefield 5
Battlefield Hardline
Borderlands 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Call of Duty: Warzone
CrossCode
Descenders
Destiny 2
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
Dirt 4
Dirt 5
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
ExoMecha
Fortnite
Gears 5 (multiplayer)
Golf with your Friends
Halo Infinite (multiplayer)
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition
Hyperscape
Island Saver
Jydge
King Oddball
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
LEGO The Hobbit
Mad Max
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Moving Out
My Friend Pedro
Metal: Hellsinger
Minecraft Dungeons
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
New Super Lucky's Tale
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Orphan of the Machine
Overcooked 2!
Overwatch
Paladins
Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
Rainbow Six Siege
Realm Royale
Rocket League
Rogue Company
Samurai Shodown
Sea of Thieves
Second Extinction
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Squadrons
SMITE
Superhot
Superhot: Mind Control Delete
Super Lucky's Tale
The Gardens Between
The Falconeer
The LEGO Movie Videogame
The Touryst
Titanfall
Titanfall 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
Totally Reliable Delivery Service
Unravel 2
Unruly Heroes
Untitled Goose Game
WRC 9
Zombie Army 4

Am I the only person here who doesn't really care about this?

I see people fighting each other to see which console is more powerful and etc... when the only thing I want is to play, I just want games to play, if I could I would buy a Nintendo Switch and be content to play Animal Crossing or Mario Odyssey in my room.

I've always been more of a Nintendo guy, but between Xbox and PS I would definitely go with the PS5, I loved seeing what Dualsense is capable of in Astro's Playroom and some exclusives like the new Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man: Miles Morales, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Returnal and the new Horizon really caught my attention.

When I look at the Xbox on the other hand, I just see a more powerful Xbox One, it's just the same thing with better resolution and frame-rate, what's the point of paying a lot more for a console with nothing new? , even the menu is exactly the same, if it's for graphics, resolution or frame-rate then it's better to buy a PC at once, right?

The only thing that catches my attention on Xbox is GamePass, but so far it's available on PC too.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I've been using emulators on computers for over 25 years, so certainly not lack of knowledge.

It's the lack of a challenge. It's no fun if everyone can do it.

I don't particularly play that many games either, I think being limited to the games you can play is actually better.

Last edited by smf,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, PS5 is nothing more than just a budget PC. Without good exclusive and bigger stock, people would forget about it after a year.
ah yes, people are just going to forget about a WHOLE ASS NEW GENERATION OF GAMING CONSOLES in less than a year

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person here who doesn't really care about this?

I see people fighting each other to see which console is more powerful and etc... when the only thing I want is to play, I just want games to play, if I could I would buy a Nintendo Switch and be content to play Animal Crossing or Mario Odyssey in my room.

I've always been more of a Nintendo guy, but between Xbox and PS I would definitely go with the PS5, I loved seeing what Dualsense is capable of in Astro's Playroom and some exclusives like the new Ratchet and Clank, Spider Man: Miles Morales, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Returnal and the new Horizon really caught my attention.

When I look at the Xbox on the other hand, I just see a more powerful Xbox One, it's just the same thing with better resolution and frame-rate, what's the point of paying a lot more for a console with nothing new? , even the menu is exactly the same, if it's for graphics, resolution or frame-rate then it's better to buy a PC at once, right?

The only thing that catches my attention on Xbox is GamePass, but so far it's available on PC too.

Except my point was never that one was better than the other. That's the other guys argument. I own many different consoles, handhelds, AND a gaming PC (regardless that it's getting pretty outdated now). I enjoy them all. I'm not the fanboi in this. :) I was an anti-Xbox person for a long time because I also saw zero point in buying one when I already owned a gaming PC. But when it came time to look at upgrading... a Series X was a significant amount cheaper, for me personally, than having to upgrade pretty much EVERY component in my PC to equate to a PS5 or Series X. My argument was that there are several good reasons for a person buying a console over a PC, even if those reasons do not fit EVERYONE.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You remember about Microsoft other gaming console? The Xbox something.
the XSX? yeah what about it? i don't get what you're trying to say here. We're literally stepping into a new generation of video games, a new era if you will. i don't see how people are just gonna completely forget about them and act like 9th gen doesn't exist just because consoles are hard to find and the new consoles aren't being showered with exclusive games. You do realize this is the beginning of the generation right? we're 7 months in. ofc there wouldnt be that many exclusives.

Last edited by 64bitmodels,

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
the XSX? yeah what about it? i don't get what you're trying to say here. We're literally stepping into a new generation of video games, a new era if you will. i don't see how people are just gonna completely forget about them and act like 9th gen doesn't exist just because consoles are hard to find and the new consoles aren't being showered with exclusive games. You do realize this is the beginning of the generation right? we're 7 months in. ofc there wouldnt be that many exclusives.
When was the last time we heard anything about Xbox Small Xbox?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...