Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once you are old enough to be outside of school and into the working world where you rarely have time to be around women constantly outside of a work environment you will understand somewhat then. You are still in school most likely so you have the opportunities to be around girls all the time.

I can see where you are coming from with that though.
I can see where you're coming from too but most of my friends are outside of school My main friend group is in fact a group of chicks and we just chill out and watch anime all day

This is gullible thinking, I don't see any guys approaching girls because they want to be just friends.
I dunno man THAT'S gullible thinking I don't approach people thinking "I wanna fuck them" I don't really approach anyone unless i see anything we can talk about which is usually Pop culture

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see where you're coming from too but most of my friends are outside of school My main friend group is in fact a group of chicks and we just chill out and watch anime all day

I dunno man THAT'S gullible thinking I don't approach people thinking "I wanna fuck them" I don't really approach anyone unless i see anything we can talk about which is usually Pop culture

Yea men approach women because they have excellent personalities and a lot of interesting things to say, not because they're cute, yea that never happens.
Also men NEVER GTFO when they see her with a BF or a baby. When does that ever happen?? Oh wait, all the damn time!!

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea men approach women because they have excellent personalities and a lot of interesting things to say, not because they're cute, yea that never happens.
Also men NEVER GTFO when they see her with a BF or a baby. When does that ever happen?? Oh wait, all the damn time!!
but here
I don't see any guys approaching girls because they want to be just friends.
you're acting like it never happens just 2 weeks ago i approached some girl because she had an anime bag so it's not like it never happens

Deleted member 318366

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellow tempers!

So, I'm finally in a stable relationship after quite some time. This is the first time I've had anything like this last this long; a month and a half to be precise (not that long, I know).
Everything is going great except there's this "thing" that slightly bothers me. The thing part being her male best friend. They've known each other for about 10 years and she told me that he's like a big brother figure to her. Obviously, I'm a bit worried.
I know that jealousy is not a good thing but I just fear losing what I have. And yes, I've already heard it: "it shows signs of insecurity; you'll put her off.." blahblahblah. I try my best not to show it, but it is how it is.
She hasn't yet introduced me to him but I'm curious to see how they act around each other, just so I could judge the matter as it is and not how my mind chooses to see it.

Should I worry? Do I ask her to introduce me to him? Have you had any experience with handling this sort of stuff?

Just curious to know what you guys think about this. Thanks!

You are so lucky! <3 I hope to have something like that with my best friend (a relationship) someday but we're taking it slow but I think she loves me :) I don't think you should be jealous over her friendship with her best friend, especially since it sounds like they've obviously known each other for a long time lol ya never come between friends or BFF's but what you can do is have a conversation with her about it and just let her know that you understand and support her and if she really loves you she'll let you know that her and her best friend are just that "friends" and you mean the world to her.

Please don't throw it all away over petty jealousy, because that's what my own best friend tried to do but we made up. :wub:

Reactions: Kinqdra

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have an incredibly narrow view on life and probably need to learn to control yourself

That goes for the other males in this thread as well

In fairy tale land that would work but in the real world, Wrong. The MEN in here are telling it like it is. Nice guys finish last,at home,in the dark with the web and some kleenex.The MALEs in here need to STFU because we are not talking about an anime timid funari wimp ladyboy. In that case he probably is using the girl to get to the OP!

but here

you're acting like it never happens just 2 weeks ago i approached some girl because she had an anime bag so it's not like it never happens

I didnt say never. There are circumstances. (Taken,uggo,out of league,guy a puss,etc.. see prior post) Your Junior High stories are cute but not relevant to the conversation. Puberty will happen soon! (or not ,please see funari comment.)

WTF you are all so worried about being PC. Who cares. Toughen up. Grow a pair. See things for what they are. Be a man. Then you'll get the girl. No matter what they say, Women want men not bitches(most of them) they complain about the macho pig but then they suck his cock. OP be a man get your dick sucked,be a bitch and jack off.

Last edited by mikefor20,

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Nice guys finish last" is untrue NECKBEARDS finish last i'd consider myself a nice guy and i've been in a relationship for quite a while and have been in the past as well and i've also been more than capable of controlling myself around a girl that i found attractive that's called self control

Reactions: VinsCool

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been 10 years and they haven't boned, you don't have anything to worry about. If she's known him for like 6 months-year, yeah that'd be a bit worrisome.

Meet the guy, hang out. you'll probably get along. If you two become friends, it'll be even less likely something will happen.

Here's the important thing: If you want to keep her, trust her. Even if you doubt, trust her. Because if you trust and she hurts you, you did the right thing. If you trust her and she is doing right by you, then you did the right thing. Only way to mess up is to not trust her.

edit:wait, you're 16? and so they've known each other since they were 6? hmm...well, that's quite a bit different than being friends as adults for 10 years. Yeah, hang out with the person and be affection with your girlfriend. see if the dude pays attention/watches/cares.

Last edited by osaka35,

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's been 10 years and they haven't boned, you don't have anything to worry about. If she's known him for like 6 months-year, yeah that'd be a bit worrisome. Meet the guy, hang out. you'll probably get along. If you two become friends, it'll be even less likely something will happen.
Or have an awesome threeway
It's not gay if you do it in a threeway

D

Deleted-355425

"Nice guys finish last" is untrue NECKBEARDS finish last i'd consider myself a nice guy and i've been in a relationship for quite a while and have been in the past as well and i've also been more than capable of controlling myself around a girl that i found attractive that's called self control

Thats called suppressing your feelings :rofl:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I see a lot of enlightened people posting cheesy lines like it's in no way a problem, that you shouldn't worry etc. - that's nice, in an ideal world, but the world is not ideal. Experience taught me that there is no such thing as a "male friend", there are only other men who are gunning for the girl, except they were less successful, too shy to make a move or already in a relationship and thus bound in some way. Call me a chauvinist, but that's just the way it is. You have to meet the guy. Organise some kind of a getaway, like a Pokemon Go outing or something stupid like that where you could go out together as a group and assert dominance via public displays of affection. Be subtle, no need to be a dick about it, but he has to know that you've got your foot in the door. All the feel-good nonsense about you being paranoid is great and probably true... until it's not. It doesn't hurt to know the dude, and it can certainly help. That's just my two cents though.

Reactions: Kinqdra

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have an unhealthy obsession with me :)
We're just interested in the same types of threads, that's all. It doesn't exactly help that we have differing viewpoints on a lot of things
In fairy tale land that would work but in the real world, Wrong. The MEN in here are telling it like it is.
So violence and sex is the path to manhood? It's not possible to be a successful "man" without wanting to have sex with every woman you see?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The fact of the matter is that men associate with women in order to get things they cannot get from their male friends, and that usually entails some form of romantic entanglement. Be very wary of this because it's true 9 out of 10 times. Every single girl out there that's even mildly attractive deals with dick salesmen 7 days a week, often without even realising it. Men are predators after all, as a man you should know that. Count the number of times you took a "female friend" out for a brewski and watched the game together without some ulterior motive. It happened zero times in my life. That doesn't mean that you should get jealous, overzealous, insecure or callous, but you have to be aware of these simple facts of life and act accordingly.

Reactions: Zeriel

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arguably your girlfriend/boyfriend/partner should be your best friend, so if that bestfriend is someone else... yeah

but also you are 16... so it's a bit different lol
Why did I get a notification about you quoting someone else? Did u mean to or was it a mistake from gbatemp

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're just interested in the same types of threads, that's all. It doesn't exactly help that we have differing viewpoints on a lot of things

So violence and sex is the path to manhood? It's not possible to be a successful "man" without wanting to have sex with every woman you see?

WOW you are so off.. When did violence get in to conversation. So we are off now on another tangent because someone is lying to themselves about life the universe and everything and in the process trying to steer the perceived fight to a winnable arena. Of course being a man doesn't require sex and violence. However being a man does require testicles. Grow a pair. And yes,we pretty much want to bang every woman that we consider attractive. We notice them all. Anyone who says otherwise is gay,retarded or lying. Women do it too. If a hot guy is in the room all the girls are all over him too. Just cause all the princesses in here think that it's "yucky" does not mean they don't so it. WOMEN ARE JUST AS NASTY AS GUYS! It's an animal thing. You can't help it. And yes Joostin, 100%, you are an animal. Maybe not vicious. I would guess docile and submissive, kinda fem. But you are an animal who eats and shits none the less. Why are people in such denial?? This thread is such bullshit. OP grow a pair or grow a vagina, your choice.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You shouldn't discuss things like that on this site, really. The most girlfriends here probably popped in a stormy romance.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact of the matter is that men associate with women in order to get things they cannot get from their male friends, and that usually entails some form of romantic entanglement. Be very wary of this because it's true 9 out of 10 times. Every single girl out there that's even mildly attractive deals with dick salesmen 7 days a week, often without even realising it. Men are predators after all, as a man you should know that. Count the number of times you took a "female friend" out for a brewski and watched the game together without some ulterior motive. It happened zero times in my life. That doesn't mean that you should get jealous, overzealous, insecure or callous, but you have to be aware of these simple facts of life and act accordingly.
whoah, dudes are jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1