Hacking Get rid of banner brick on 3.4 without TP Hack

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How would I be able to verify that? My telly is a not so new Philips CRT. Thus I assume it's running 576i or 480i, for sure not 480p. The telly doesn't show used resolution anywhere.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fellaw said:
How would I be able to verify that? My telly is a not so new Philips CRT. Thus I assume it's running 576i or 480i, for sure not 480p. The telly doesn't show used resolution anywhere.

Under display in the Wii settings menu, your resolution is showed and you can select the other one if you want to.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiShizzza said:
also ich brenn die disc dann zum 3. mal als DVD
Hab jetzt die gebrickte wii nicht da, aber die dvd sollte ja auch auf ner ungebrickten wii laufen....

ich hab saveMii und nen wiikey2

/EDIT:
Alles wie gehabt...... Schwarzer Bildschirm...

That disc won't run on my PAL wii

Same for me...
blink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well if you are in 3.4 you can't use trucha signed discs, but regionfrii does not sign (I guess) ergo it is a valid disc for 3.4, what I really don't get is why the swapping of drives from Wii to Wii...??

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
why the swapping of drives from Wii to Wii...??
The working Wii had no chip because it was impossible to mount one. On younger Wiis, Nintendo seals the chip with epoxyd to prevent modchip installations, and that was one of those. Thus I had to switch drives to have the working Wii read burned discs and enable autoboot.

Btw., I saw a picture of an australian console with a completely revised drive version yesterday, missing the whole driver IC(seemed to be integrated into one of the other ICs). This new generation of drives renders all current modchips unusable.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
I tryed this on a 3.3 E pal unit that frezzes at the warning screen

Updated a good wii from 3.2e

could not get the pink disc to load on 3.3e has anyone eles found this ?

Btw the disc worked when my good wii was 3.2 e b4 i updated it to 3.3e to fix the bad wii

Thanks guys

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fellaw,

having Downgraded IOS changes things a little, the step that says: "Patched Wii Backup Disc 1.31 to PAL using RegionFrii" means you had downgraded IOS, which is not "True 3.4", however, I see no reason this would not work on a USA wii, and since most chips force region, it probably would have worked without patching on others as well, so PAL users should try not patched, as if they have not downgraded and are just using IOS 16 to install wads, patching the disc to PAL will make it not work...the recovery menu still bends according to trucha-bug.

also there is no possibly legal way that anyone has the Backup Disc....just thought it should be said.

edit: another problem you will run into for some people: chips are usually set to block updates, so if they don't already have IOS16 installed (there are few ways you could arrive at this situation without it) you would have to boot up that chip on another wii and disable update blocking so the recovery menu could install IOS16.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone had success launching the backup disk in a PAL wii from a backup (softmod) loader (not the recovery menu)
I thought it was supposed to work with softchip but I didn't have any success.

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can confirm 3.3E doesn't autoboot the backup disc for now.

Yesterday, I downgraded mine to 3.3E to find out whether the backup disc would autoboot on it, because WiiShizzza got a black screen when autobooting the disc on his, regardless wiring, resolution or media related parameters.

Unfortunately, the disc didn't autoboot at all, no matter PAL or NTSC. The drive spinned up and read the disc, therefore the modchip seemed to be technically doing it's job. The disc just didn't load. Other non-trucha autoboot discs(e.g. Zelda) worked, approving the modchip being ok.

After being back at 3.4E again, both regions of the backup disc booted flawlessly. 3.2E also booted the disc well.

Therefore I assume that has to be something related to 3.3E. I couldn't find out exactly what blocks the autoboot. Of course I tried installing custom cIOS and IOS, didn't help. Maybe someone else has an idea?

@noobwarrior7:

As I wrote, I used the backup disc to restore a backup from a working Wii. After selecting "Finish" in the backup disc's menu when restore was complete, the NTSC version of it wouldn't boot, just blank screen. After I patched it to PAL, it worked again. Most probably the restore wasn't necessary at all, just deleting have also worked. From this point of view, patching the disc to PAL shouldn't be necessary. Btw., with RegionFrii I didn't mean GeckOS. There is a PC tool for region changes, which is named this way(released by syndicate). A hex editor would have also worked, you just need to change 32 bytes in the frist 400 of the disc to set it to PAL. The backup disc also works on "True 3.4" for both regions. I had my Wii upgraded via system settings, after I went back and forth through versions yesterday, as I wrote above.

I agree with IOS16. Which games have it included btw.?

About the backup disc not being legal: If you'd interpret Nintendo's terms of usage very strictly, installing non-athorized software would also be illegal, even if you'd stick to homebrew only. So what difference does it make getting the backup disc afterwards to fix a bricked Wii? This goes a little bit off topic, maybe we should discuss it somewhen in future.

@pspmte:
I'm not aware of any game forcing to 3.4

Nice to hear FlatMii works in recovery, because newest generation of drives renders all other modchips unusable, due to missing driver IC.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes 3.3 will not boot the Recovery disc

Has any body any idea of a game with 3.4e on it

Thanks guys im a bit stuck lol

Btw i can get auto wii music to boot, but i cant get into the system menu when pressing home

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OSW said:
Has anyone had success launching the backup disk in a PAL wii from a backup (softmod) loader (not the recovery menu)
I thought it was supposed to work with softchip but I didn't have any success.

Did you try disc region video mode?

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pspmte said:
FlatMii does not boot recovery disc on 3.4

But boots isos in auto

frown.gif

Don't fully understand this: Did you use an iso of the backup disc or burnt media? FlatMii user's guide nor FAQ don't tell about last ones, does it allow to use them at all?

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pspmte said:
Yes 3.3 will not boot the Recovery disc

Has any body any idea of a game with 3.4e on it

Thanks guys im a bit stuck lol

Btw i can get auto wii music to boot, but i cant get into the system menu when pressing home

No game with 3.4

The last till now is 3.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol.