Hacking Get rid of banner brick on 3.4 without TP Hack

harjitsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so i get my wii chipped and then run a autoboot of twilight princess?
Run wad manager through homebrew and delete the faulty wad right?
is there nothing that can be done to make my wii work again without having to put in a modchip???

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Having preloader already installed...!!
tongue.gif

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pickle12122 said:
First off, I updated my wii from 3.2u to 4.0u using the tutorial from http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html

I have a Wiikey 2 modchip installed so that should allow autobooting.
I can use savemiifrii and its says 4.0 usa on the bottom corner.

I was able to play my trucha signed manhunt 2 before I bricked it.
My wiikey has updates blocked so when i can borrow my friend's wii I can change that.

Is there any possible way I can unbrick my wii?
I can't get any discs to boot at all right now but none of them are configured to autoboot.
I already went through 5 discs on failed attempts.

Any help is greatly apprciated.
Hm, according to the symtoms you described in your previous post, this sounds like a full brick. A banner brick won't lead to a corrupted system files message. If your system files really are corrupt, this would explain why you can't autoboot any disc from recovery mode. Are you sure, no autoboot discs are working? How about any unscrubbed games?

I doubt recovery mode would help if you cannot autoboot any homebrew: At least with my Wii, pink fish doesn't autoboot on 4.0(official or inofficial version). Pink fish was the key to success, because it allowed to simply delete all user-related Wads, including such with bad banners. If at least this disc will autoboot(try using BootMe), you can remove the Wad.

fellaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
harjitsd said:
okay so i get my wii chipped and then run a autoboot of twilight princess?
Run wad manager through homebrew and delete the faulty wad right?
is there nothing that can be done to make my wii work again without having to put in a modchip???
If you didn't have CIOSCORP installed, you need a modchip to autoboot DVDRs via Recovery Mode. Other way, there's no chance to run ANY code. If you had CIOSCORP installed, you should be able to run trucha-signed discs directly, e.g. with Wad Manager(see second URL in my previous post).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person