Hardware Gearbox: Controller specs will “be awesome”

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gearbox, a third party developer has given the following statement below and also mentions that Nintendo has listened well to their feedbacks so he believes we'll be seeing some cool concepts

“We were early in seeing what was happening with the Wii U and we’ve been able to give some feedback. They’ve listened, and I think we’ll see some cool stuff that we’ve had some influence over. I think the final controller specs are going to be awesome.”

http://nintendoevery...ill-be-awesome/

Wii U controller to have quadcore processor confirmed! lol ;)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
“I love this platform. I’m very excited about it because it gives us a path to realize some things that are more future-looking than we could if we were only on the current generation.”

“We can always use more memory and rendering capability. I think that’s one of the most exciting things about the Wii U. Not only do you have the technology of what you can do gameplay wise but it will be one of the best looking versions of the game.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/89594/more-wii-u-praise-from-gearbox-software/

Gearbox said this yesterday.

Reactions: 2 people

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
“I love this platform. I’m very excited about it because it gives us a path to realize some things that are more future-looking than we could if we were only on the current generation.”

“We can always use more memory and rendering capability. I think that’s one of the most exciting things about the Wii U. Not only do you have the technology of what you can do gameplay wise but it will be one of the best looking versions of the game.”

http://nintendoevery...arbox-software/

Gearbox said this yesterday.
Makes the Wii U sound really powerful. I can't wait for E3 for devs to show what the system is capable of. :)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All these quotes from a handful of devs are not impressing me, of course they would hype the system if they are invested in a game for it. Compare to the days when the DS was announced and tons of devs were hyping the possibilities right off the bat.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
All these quotes from a handful of devs are not impressing me, of course they would hype the system if they are invested in a game for it. Compare to the days when the DS was announced and tons of devs were hyping the possibilities right off the bat.
Nintendo has extremely strict NDAs on all the developers. They're not allowed to say anything specific at all.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for some but for Gearbox I'd say they were genuine. Randy is so gay for the Wii U, you can tell by watching his interviews that he is genuinely enthusiastic about the platform and what it can offer. The little fella is ready to burst and if it wasn't for these NDAs he would have told us a lot more.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wii U can't beat the next generation consoles specs-wise. It needs to beat the competition with a balanced game library

Nintendo is in an tough situation. The current gen has been like: PS3/360 vs Wii. Nintendo has to make a decision on their positioning on the market. Will it be casual? Will it be a hardcore gamer's system?

if I were Iwata I'd do this;
  • -Keep supporting the original Wii as a casual console for the family. Your mom doesn't care about quad-core, 1080p graphics. The casual crowd just want to have fun. No complicated controllers filled with buttons and sticks.
  • -Release two kinds of first party Nintendo games; ones that make use of the new functionality and ones that use a more or less classic controllers.
The last will prevent good, "classic" games from being plagued by forced use of new functionality.

So it would be like this;

-Games built around the new controller of the Wii U (like Super Mario Galaxy was for the Wii)
-Games that don't use the new functionality but are still awesome. They could be released on any console. (Like Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri were on the Wii)
The Wii U will need games of the first kind (off course) but also a nice share of games of the second kind (Dragon Quest Wii U is a good start!)
If Nintendo manages to keep a healthy balance, they will prevail!

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U can't beat the next generation consoles specs-wise. It needs to beat the competition with a balanced game library

Nintendo is in an tough situation. The current gen has been like: PS3/360 vs Wii. Nintendo has to make a decision on their positioning on the market. Will it be casual? Will it be a hardcore gamer's system?

• -Keep supporting the original Wii as a casual console for the family. Your mom doesn't care about quad-core, 1080p graphics. The casual crowd just want to have fun. No complicated controllers filled with buttons and sticks.
  • -Release two kinds of first party Nintendo games; ones that make use of the new functionality and ones that use a more or less classic controllers.
The last will prevent good, "classic" games from being plagued by forced use of new functionality.

-Games built around the new controller of the Wii U (like Super Mario Galaxy was for the Wii)
-Games that don't use the new functionality but are still awesome. They could be released on any console. (Like Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri were on the Wii)
The Wii U will need games of the first kind (off course) but also a nice share of games of the second kind (Dragon Quest Wii U is a good start!)

Where are you getting the specs for the next gen PS3/360? I doubt the next gen competition will be much more powerful than the Wii U due to the shit storm that ensued after.

"Five-Hundred Ninety-Nine U.S Dollars!""

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

:ninja:

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can almost guarantee that no main stream console will get that expensive again (until inflation catches up to it of course)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Where are you getting the specs for the next gen PS3/360? I doubt the next gen competition will be much more powerful than the Wii U due to the shit storm that ensued after.

Source:

Haters gonna hate! :ha:
PS3 is the most powerful console of the current generation! :yayps3:
Nintendo had almost none third party games, while x360 and PS3 were full of them!
Wii made success with casual gamers, but ask to everyone you know that has a Wii,
they probably have Wii gathering dust :ha:

WiiU looks really good for the current gen, but probably will be surpassed by PS4 and X720 by miles! :creep:

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mom ? What about dad ? Grin.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo had almost none third party games, while x360 and PS3 were full of them!
Wii made success with casual gamers, but ask to everyone you know that has a Wii,

WiiU looks really good for the current gen, but probably will be surpassed by PS4 and X720 by miles! :creep:
*Obvious Flamebait Comment*

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted_171835

PS3 wasn't the most powerful console for one. It may have had a good CPU but its GPU is shit and it only has 256MB of RAM available. The 360 is a more balanced system.

As for the Wii U, it'll be powerful enough to hold its own against the PS4 and Nextbox. It's not another Wii scenario again.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Source:

Ugh it can't be surpassed by miles, because we've reached the graphics/power limit already. If you did know that, you'd know the Wii U is good enough for the next generation as it has so much power and potential to rival the next generation consoles.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS3 wasn't the most powerful console for one. It may have had a good CPU but its GPU is shit and it only has 256MB of RAM available. The 360 is a more balanced system.

PS3 GPU can go up to 1800 GFLOPS while X360 can go up to 240GFLOPS.
PS3 has 256MB of RAM and 256MB of VRAM, what is like the same as the 512MB of x360's RAM

As for the Wii U, it'll be powerful enough to hold its own against the PS4 and Nextbox. It's not another Wii scenario again.

Ugh it can't be surpassed by miles, because we've reached the graphics/power limit already. If you did know that, you'd know the Wii U is good enough for the next generation as it has so much power and potential to rival the next generation consoles.

We reached the limit? Really?!
WiiU specs look a lot worse than what the current pcs can handle.
PS3 was revolutionary, while WiiU doesn't look that promising!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...