Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
Ugh, having an annoying problem with Prince of Persia: WW. I put in on a multi-iso in the 2nd position with POP1 and 3. Thing is, sometimes it loads (by pressing A or Y, it's NTSC), but most of the time, it just hangs on a green screen. It randomly works but I don't know why, I originally thought it was because I had turned my Wii on its side.

I burned it once at 2x and another at 4x, and I still get the GSOD. However, POP1 and 3 don't have this problem at all. Thing is, they are both .iso's while POP2 is a .gcm.

Could it have anything to do with the game being a .gcm file?

Anything, guys?
frown.gif

Yeah, re-name that .gcm to .iso. It'll work then.

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guy. Every time I use patched MIOS the game boots but there is no video. just sound. its like im trying to run a pal game on my NTSC Wii. But its a NTSC game on my NTSC wii. any suggestion. also im using wiiGators patched mios

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
LegendaryXM90 said:
Ugh, having an annoying problem with Prince of Persia: WW. I put in on a multi-iso in the 2nd position with POP1 and 3. Thing is, sometimes it loads (by pressing A or Y, it's NTSC), but most of the time, it just hangs on a green screen. It randomly works but I don't know why, I originally thought it was because I had turned my Wii on its side.

I burned it once at 2x and another at 4x, and I still get the GSOD. However, POP1 and 3 don't have this problem at all. Thing is, they are both .iso's while POP2 is a .gcm.

Could it have anything to do with the game being a .gcm file?

Anything, guys?
frown.gif

Yeah, re-name that .gcm to .iso. It'll work then.

Well, I get it to work sometimes with no errors if I'm lucky enough to get passed the green screen on the disc I burned last.

And I'm down to my last DVD and I'm trying to save it, so I think I'll just deal with the roulette of "WILL IT WORK?".
tongue.gif

Irixion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Irixion said:
DarkZBoy said:
I think I have the cure to the fail to read DVD thing.

I HAD THAT AND NOW ALL GAMES WORK!!!
smile.gif

Follow these steps:

DOWNGRADE TO 3.2 IF YOU HAVE 3.4 or 3.3, 3.2 IS THE BEST FIRMWARE FOR HOMEBREW!!!

1) After downgrading, get the cios_ rev 7 from waninkoko's site, dont use WiiGators.
2) rename the file to boot.dol and drag the folder in the apps section of your sd card.
3) run the cIOS rev 7 on the homebrew channal
4) run the Mios installer
5) note, when I had 3.4 U it not only gave me a fail to read disc 345 but the mios installer failed to patch, so downgrading is VERY VERY VERY easy.

This didn't work for me. The black screen i get before the error read is a bit longer, but I still get a 'Gamedisk could not be read' error. I'm on firmware 3.2U, followed the steps, still nothing...

Anyone? D: I wanna play my Wii backups too!

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea why sometimes GC backups cause the wii disc light to illuminate (and freeze!)...then if i go reboot the wii and just try again it may work just spiffy?

many different games - different burns. No wii backups do this.

using wiigators mios. tried via HBC gcloader and forsaeken 0.3gamma - all ntsc discs, loading with "A" option

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Linuks said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Snave2008 said:
Has anyone on PAL got Donkey Konga 2 to test? According to the compatibility chart it works fine but I've tried multiple ISO's and ALOT of disks including multi game and on it's own. I've tried it scrubbed and as full ISO but it's not working.

It get's through the Nintendo/Namco logo's then goes to load the main menu and hits out with 'an error has occurred ..blah blah blah' message.

Anyone else had any luck with it?
I have a multiiso with all versions of Donkey konga shrunk working great
Donkey Konga (PAL)
Donkey Konga (USA)
Donkey Konga (JAP)
Donkey Konga 2 (PAL)
Donkey Konga 2 (USA)
Donkey Konga 2 (JAP)
Donkey Konga 3 (JAP)
Donkey Kong - Jungle Beat (PAL)
and Donkey Konga 1,2 and 3 normal sized multi iso working ok

I think we got the same torrent ^^"
Are the saves working with your multi-disk? Because mine doesn't work with an official memory card.
Yes the saves work with an official and a competition pro memory card

Flipped back to WiiGators MIOS and BOOM Donkey Konga 2 works a treat. Saves too. I have a Logic 3 memory card

ganonthesage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I've got a bit of a problem. IDK if I should put it up on the compatibility list if it is a personal error.
Pokemon Colosseum NTSC
Burnt on a Nexxtech DVD + R (I'm gonna try tomorrow, changing the book type to DVD - R)
But, run with patching, like everyone says, I get like anywhere from the Nintendo logo to the Genius sonority screens.
And I'm only using WiiGator's launchers.
One more thing, I have 3.4U (keep on forgetting to downgrade. dang animal crossing)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fgsfdsyo said:
I have no idea if anyone else saw this, but I guess there's a audio-fix option that actually works?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUwLvXILII

Can someone explain to me what he did?

I think he just pressed and held B in the autoboot loader, to enter into the menu of the GCOS, then he pressed ?? (dunno) for launch the game, I always press Y cause it says NTSC, don't get it why all press B to use a patched MIOS if the patched MIOS is what it is installed...!!!
huh.gif

QUOTEOkay. I've got a bit of a problem. IDK if I should put it up on the compatibility list if it is a personal error.
Pokemon Colosseum NTSC
Burnt on a Nexxtech DVD + R (I'm gonna try tomorrow, changing the book type to DVD - R)
But, run with patching, like everyone says, I get like anywhere from the Nintendo logo to the Genius sonority screens.
And I'm only using WiiGator's launchers.
One more thing, I have 3.4U (keep on forgetting to downgrade. dang animal crossing)

this is your problem:
Burnt on a Nexxtech DVD + R

use a better media and change book type to DVD-ROM

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured posting in this thread is better than in the blog...

How do you get gamesaves that you made with Theta working with Xi? I just upgraded, and now it won't detect any gamesaves I made while on Theta.

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LegendaryXM90 said:

How do you get gamesaves that you made with Theta working with Xi? I just upgraded, and now it won't detect any gamesaves I made while on Theta.
Yeah, that would be a nice thing to know. I got too far in Wind Waker to start over
laugh.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theta made corrupted savegames. I guess you can't open them with Xi.
I tested Xi and now it loads my old savegames from my original games (which I played 2005) when I run the backups from a multi disc. So Xi reads (and writes) valid savegames (which should work on a gamecube too) and there is no way to open the corrupted savegames.
You could try making a new game with Theta, copy this savegame to your computer, then make a new game with Xi and compare these savegames, maybe you figure out the differences and you can adept your Wind Waker savegame.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
fgsfdsyo said:
I have no idea if anyone else saw this, but I guess there's a audio-fix option that actually works?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUwLvXILII

Can someone explain to me what he did?

I think he just pressed and held B in the autoboot loader, to enter into the menu of the GCOS, then he pressed ?? (dunno) for launch the game, I always press Y cause it says NTSC, don't get it why all press B to use a patched MIOS if the patched MIOS is what it is installed...!!!
huh.gif

I posted this (slightly edited) in the comments of that video.
Judging from the flash @ 1:23 top of screen GameCube Backup Loader v1.1 means he's using waninkoko's cMIOS, I don't think WiiGator's cMIOS/Loader shows that graphic at all. As for the GCOS version, I know it's not the latest as his says "MultiGame Ver" and not "MultiGame DVD9 Ver"

So what I'm thinking... he might be using a possibly modified GCOS and/or a beta of a new cMIOS by Wanin. So far from what I've toyed around with (nothing extensive), I can't get the GCOS menu any other way than with Wanin's cMIOS and the 'Z' option to load with patched MIOS.

LegendaryXM90 said:

Found this in the blog post...

QUOTE(ppc_gba @ Feb 21 2009, 01:23 AM)
yes this fixed the save issue which means that the games will find/save the correct save file name, which also means that they won't find old saves created while using an older version of the backup launcher. If you absolutely need your save back, copy it to the sd card using NuGaSa and rename it to the correct name, then copy it back to the memory card. If you don't know the correct name, make a new file and see what the name is.
EX: --SuperSmashBros0110290334 (incorrect/old)
instead of
01-GALE-SuperSmashBros0110290334
Wiigator told me the backup launcher wasn't reading the disc id info into memory, which is why games were saving/loading from the wrong file.
I still get no video starting out on Mario Kart, until I set it to 60Hz. At least Pokemon Colosseum works for me now.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1