GC Backup Launcher Support

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Golfman560, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Golfman560
    OP

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Some noob was asking for a support thread instead of using Wiigator's blog and since he was too chicken to make a topic I though I'd start one. (Just kidding[But he was chicken, tasted good])

So... any bugs/crap you can't understand? Remember its a Theta... well just call it a beta.

The ALMIGHTY Compatability List!

2. wingzrow

wingzrow GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Is there a compatibility list? I don't want to end up with a bunch of frisbees.

3. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Well I actually haven't used it hence I have no backup to test, but are the Wanin/WiiGator's loader compatible each other with the other's cMIOS...??

Ahhhhh so not wanting to help, right..??

4. Golfman560
    OP

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    There's only one Gamecube backup loader, and can run off either Wiigator's or Waninkoko's cMIOS, but only one MIOS at a time.

5. Cxprt

Cxprt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Taken from what I posted in Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta:

Anyone have any idea how I can cure the Failed to read DVD 345 error?

6. Golfman560
    OP

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    I get that with my retail version of Action Replay when I use the disc channel (Since now it always launches the cMIOS)

7. Miles

Miles GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    How about other people who are having problems with the saves on 3rd party memory cards?
    I can save my games, but I can't load them when I try to play the game again, it's VERY annoying.

I've tried unplugging it before the game starts, unplugging it and then plugging it back in, deleting the old saves, etc.

I remember Wiigator saying someone else has a similar problem, hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.
    It's not like I had a choice to get an official memory card either, the only ones I could find were overpriced.

8. Golfman560
    OP

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    I know save from different regions cause problems (Like if you have a NTSC save on a memory card and try to save in a PAL game). Don't you have ANY Nintendo memory cards? Oh wait some people didn't have Gamecubes.

Spend like $5 and go out and buy an official Nintendo one.

9. Miles

Miles GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Well it seems the problem may have been when I switched over to Wani's cMIOS, as my F-Zero GX and Cubivore saves are intact.
    I'll try saving Wind Waker again, as I tested for the save problem last time and it didn't seem to happen.
    Maybe I was just over-reacting.

10. Cxprt

Cxprt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    I might try Wani's cMIOS.... Only thing I haven't tried yet.
    Edit: ................and......... Still Failed to read DVD 345.

11. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    This is a decent rule of thumb, but it's not a 100% truth that you'll have problems if you mix save regions. My card right now has PAL Smash Bros., NTSC-U Smash Bros., PAL Ikaruga, NTSC-J Nintendo Puzzle Collection, NTSC-U Prince of Persia, PAL Sonic Mega Collection ... I think that's everything. Only problem is that the Japanese text in the NPC save shows as nonsense characters. Otherwise everything works fine.

12. Miles

Miles GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Seems I AM having problems.
    I can't save in cubivore, it tells me the memory card I have in isn't the same I started with, despite being able to load my saved game.

13. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Dont feel bad Miles I'm having issues with Luigi's Mansion. My save is on my card but it fails to recognize it [​IMG] Yet I tried that same memory card with my backup of WWE Day of reckoning 2 and I was able to save and load from it [​IMG]

14. EDX

EDX Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2008
    United States
    Just a quick question, will discs with gcos work through the disk channel with Waninkoko's cmios?

15. gumbo

gumbo Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    Canada
    think i read GCOS v4f was working, no first hand experience though

16. Miles

Miles GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Well it is alpha (or is it beta), so I was kind of expecting kinks, but right now it seems to work fine, which is odd.
    I'll keep on playing and report if I keep getting the problems, maybe Wiigator will contact me or something.

17. referencer

referencer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    It's theta, technically.

18. Miles

Miles GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Technically that's just a name, it's really in alpha or beta.
    I don't even know why Wiigator chose Theta instead of Delta, as Theta is the 8th letter in the Greek alphabet, while Delta is the fourth.

19. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Yes that works great, Thats what i have been using myself

20. Cxprt

Cxprt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    WooT... I updated my cIOS to v7 from v6 at first i thought that would make no difference though... but I thought I should try everything.... Gonna see how resident evil zero runs and edit on wiki.
    Edit: Eh wtf I was playing this earlier today on crappy GCboot over SD..... and my file is suddenly not there but I know it is cus it shows up on the wii file manager.