micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
richglix said:
Okay, I played with this a bunch last night, here is where I am at. I installed varios MIOS during the night v5, v8, and Wanin. Mostly I used the disc channel, but sometimes would use Loader via HBC.

(The compatibility Wiki is weird. With all the diferent Wii setups out there, and the different MIOS's, I test everything myself, I don't really pay heed to the compatibility list)

I AM ON AN NTSC WII, WITH 3.2U AND SOFTMII.

FZERO GX (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option
Luigi's Mansion (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option, freezes on N logo if Wanin MIOS is used.
Viewtiful Joe (PAL)(MULTI5) - Works Great with NTSC option.

Luigi's Masion (PAL) - Game runs with sound, but video is turned off no matter what option picked, video feed completely cuts out, my TV reacts as if I pulled the video cables out.

Eternal Darkness (PAL) - Crashes to black no matter what option is picked.

RETAIL GAMECUBE DISCS NO LONGER WORK ON MY WII. I'm pretty sure this is because I installed the MIOS to let me run games from the disc channel, and not just the loader? Anyone else have this issue?

I tried both, Windwaker, and the Collector's Edition Zelda thing, and both went to read error 345.

I'm going to try and extract MIOS from MarioKart after work, and replace the patched MIOS, I will report back the results.

I will also have more game testing results.

THANK YOU WIIGATOR AND WANINKOKO YOU GUYS FREAKING RULE!!

??Retail Gamecube discs no longer work?? It works fine for me, and I installed MIOS to run games off the disc channel too. The read error 345 shows up for me too, but just wait literally 2 seconds, and a green screen will appear and itll play as normal.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micahkanchan said:
richglix said:
Okay, I played with this a bunch last night, here is where I am at. I installed varios MIOS during the night v5, v8, and Wanin. Mostly I used the disc channel, but sometimes would use Loader via HBC.

(The compatibility Wiki is weird. With all the diferent Wii setups out there, and the different MIOS's, I test everything myself, I don't really pay heed to the compatibility list)

I AM ON AN NTSC WII, WITH 3.2U AND SOFTMII.

FZERO GX (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option
Luigi's Mansion (USA) - Works GREAT with NTSC option, freezes on N logo if Wanin MIOS is used.
Viewtiful Joe (PAL)(MULTI5) - Works Great with NTSC option.

Luigi's Masion (PAL) - Game runs with sound, but video is turned off no matter what option picked, video feed completely cuts out, my TV reacts as if I pulled the video cables out.

Eternal Darkness (PAL) - Crashes to black no matter what option is picked.

RETAIL GAMECUBE DISCS NO LONGER WORK ON MY WII. I'm pretty sure this is because I installed the MIOS to let me run games from the disc channel, and not just the loader? Anyone else have this issue?

I tried both, Windwaker, and the Collector's Edition Zelda thing, and both went to read error 345.

I'm going to try and extract MIOS from MarioKart after work, and replace the patched MIOS, I will report back the results.

I will also have more game testing results.

??Retail Gamecube discs no longer work?? It works fine for me, and I installed MIOS to run games off the disc channel too. The read error 345 shows up for me too, but just wait literally 2 seconds, and a green screen will appear and itll play as normal.

Weird. I'm pretty sure it would just go to black after that. Maybe I'll run home on lunch and play around a bit more.

What MIOS are you using?

kerrminater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richglix said:

I'm having this same problem except with Dragon Ball Z Budokai PAL one and two along with Bloody Roar PAL on an ntsc console. The only game I've gotten to work yet is Digimon World 4 PAL. I followed the instructions and patched the MIOS. I had it set up for the wii backup loader before which is still working fine.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kerrminater said:
richglix said:

I'm having this same problem except with Dragon Ball Z Budokai PAL one and two along with Bloody Roar PAL on an ntsc console. The only game I've gotten to work yet is Digimon World 4 PAL. I followed the instructions and patched the MIOS. I had it set up for the wii backup loader before which is still working fine.

I'm not sure what the deal is with this, its like certain games are unable to force NTSC. Maybe it has something to do with certain preloader hacks? Needed to be switched off or on, or added to the list? In the case of Luigi's mansion, I just found a USA version of the game. Hopefully we have a better souloution soon, even if I have to patch the image or whatever. I'm running with S-video, through a splitting box, but I unhooked that and just ran a straight composite (yellow) video, and still had the exact same issue.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ekolimits said:
hey guys... how do i make my own gamecube backups???

insert the original disc in your wii and run the http dumper application (requires custom ios)
then use a browser on your computer to connect to your wii's local ip adress and download the iso

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
ekolimits said:
hey guys... how do i make my own gamecube backups???

insert the original disc in your wii and run the http dumper application (requires custom ios)
then use a browser on your computer to connect to your wii's local ip adress and download the iso

hey can i get links to these files?

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ekolimits said:
does wiigators cios 249 work with waninkokos wii dvd dumper?
I believe it does. If it doesn't, you could always install Waninkoko's cIOS. It's completely compatible with Wiigator's Backup Launcher and GameCube Backup Launcher.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you eject the disc, no disc can be detected after it. For 2 disc games use the second disc to boot, if you need to change the disc.

So for Tales of Symphonia, do I just use the 2nd disc from the start? Or do I get to the point where I have to switch discs, save then just boot from disc 2?

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got my retail gamecube games working over my lunch break.

I had to turn off the hacks "Region Free Gamecube Games" X 2 and "Region Free Gamecube with forced video modes" X 2 in preloader.

I'm on Waninkoko's MIOS at the moment, my backups still launch from the disc channel, and now my retail games work properly as well.

I also tested a USA version of Eternal Darkness. It loads, but immediately crashes at the E.A. Poe quote screen.

Posts merged

airpirate545 said:
QUOTE said:
If you eject the disc, no disc can be detected after it. For 2 disc games use the second disc to boot, if you need to change the disc.

So for Tales of Symphonia, do I just use the 2nd disc from the start? Or do I get to the point where I have to switch discs, save then just boot from disc 2?

Yes. Any game that lets you save and then boot from disc 2 should be fine. Just do what you said. Certain games aren't like that from what I gather, you have to switch the disc interactively, or you can't save, so therefore you can't boot from disc 2 because your save is still thinks you are on disc 1.

If that makes any sense...

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, what is everyone talking aboot?

Damn, I haven't used my Wii since forever. Mios? CIOS? BIOS? What are all of these?

Anyways, I'm planning on getting this on my Wii, are there any precautions I should take before installing it to lower my chances of bricking? The only things I have on my Wii is the homebrew channel and a very early version of the Wii Backup Loader that I never got around to removing or using. Are there any other things I should install before getting this backup loader?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had any problems DL the loader. When I extract the file. I get the source and then another file to extract. Which is patcher set. I can't find the GCback app folders or are they one in the same?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's an archive in the archive in the archive
so just keep opening them, eventually you'll see 2 folder: the mios patcher and the loader

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanks. My computer is just not dl the file completely. I only get the second file that has the patcher. No sign of a third file.

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richglix said:
Okay, I got my retail gamecube games working over my lunch break.

I had to turn off the hacks "Region Free Gamecube Games" X 2 and "Region Free Gamecube with forced video modes" X 2 in preloader.

I'm on Waninkoko's MIOS at the moment, my backups still launch from the disc channel, and now my retail games work properly as well.

I also tested a USA version of Eternal Darkness. It loads, but immediately crashes at the E.A. Poe quote screen.

Posts merged

airpirate545 said:
QUOTE said:

Yes. Any game that lets you save and then boot from disc 2 should be fine. Just do what you said. Certain games aren't like that from what I gather, you have to switch the disc interactively, or you can't save, so therefore you can't boot from disc 2 because your save is still thinks you are on disc 1.

If that makes any sense...

how did you get your backups to load from your disk channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans