richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ekolimits said:
richglix said:
Okay, I got my retail gamecube games working over my lunch break.

I had to turn off the hacks "Region Free Gamecube Games" X 2 and "Region Free Gamecube with forced video modes" X 2 in preloader.

I'm on Waninkoko's MIOS at the moment, my backups still launch from the disc channel, and now my retail games work properly as well.

I also tested a USA version of Eternal Darkness. It loads, but immediately crashes at the E.A. Poe quote screen.

Posts merged

airpirate545 said:
QUOTE said:
If you eject the disc, no disc can be detected after it. For 2 disc games use the second disc to boot, if you need to change the disc.

So for Tales of Symphonia, do I just use the 2nd disc from the start? Or do I get to the point where I have to switch discs, save then just boot from disc 2?

Yes. Any game that lets you save and then boot from disc 2 should be fine. Just do what you said. Certain games aren't like that from what I gather, you have to switch the disc interactively, or you can't save, so therefore you can't boot from disc 2 because your save is still thinks you are on disc 1.

If that makes any sense...

how did you get your backups to load from your disk channel?

You just need to have softmii installed.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i put a mutil GC iso disc in my disc channel... i click start then it turns off the power and turn it back on back to the main menu... anyway to fix that?

i have cioscorps installed and others but i can't rember right now...

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
softmii huh... does that use cios 249 wiigator and waninkokos cios? or do i have to uninstall their looader and install softmii loader... plus i understand that there are many versions of softmii... which one do you use?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
when i put a mutil GC iso disc in my disc channel... i click start then it turns off the power and turn it back on back to the main menu... anyway to fix that?

i have cioscorps installed and others but i can't rember right now...

Try using the actuall launcher in the HBC.

And SoftMii/CIOSCorp doesn't use cIOS249 it actually patches each ISO so that the trucha bug can be used. That's how backups show up in the Disc CHannel.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well more room wasted on my SD card instead...

quick question if i use a mutil disc iso and the games are japan and i changed there region to usa can i save them on my memory card with usa saves? or should i just buy a sepeart save card for that region?

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The copy of Zelda Four Swords Adventure I got is in .gcm format. Will I be able to burn this to disc and play it, or does it have to be a .iso?

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
With a component lead set to edtv/480p some games will not display, no matter what gc pad button is used to boot. I have had to go to setting and change to 60htz. Is there a way around this by altering the iso's maybe?

Plus I didnt see a disc channel option on the mios installer only one to make it work from the back up loader. And that works well from a gamma chanel.

B

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the mario said:
The copy of Zelda Four Swords Adventure I got is in .gcm format. Will I be able to burn this to disc and play it, or does it have to be a .iso?

it's a normal iso, the file extension is just different. if your burning application doesn't accept it, just rename it to .iso

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
minjeeta said:
With a component lead set to edtv/480p some games will not display, no matter what gc pad button is used to boot. I have had to go to setting and change to 60htz. Is there a way around this by altering the iso's maybe?

I'm having the same problem. What could be done to the iso to fix this?

masta21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
attempted to run zoid battle legends....it goes to the main menu but as soon as you select anything it gives the error to consult the manual >.>

anyone else tried?

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok since I'm not getting a straight answer anywhere else.

Can you combine PAL and NTSC isos with the GCOS Multigame ISO Creator (GUI) by setting the option to USA? Will this work fine?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
LegendaryXM90 said:
Ok since I'm not getting a straight answer anywhere else.

Can you combine PAL and NTSC isos with the GCOS Multigame ISO creator by setting the option to USA? Will this work fine?

yes, cross-region will work fine. the region option in the Multigame ISO creator isn't about the games themselves, it's to select on which region console it's going to run

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, many thanks for the quick response, kedest! Just the answer I was looking for!
biggrin.gif

fotd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2u with preloader.27+softmii1.0alpha and i just tried to play Mario Golf: toadstool tour and it would play the audio but no video just a blue screen. It has 2 confirmations on the compatibility list that it works so I'm not sure why this happened for me. Super Mario Sunshine worked great by-the-way.

Never mind. I uninstalled the v8 Mios and installed the v4 version and loaded it with patched mios and it's working like a charm.

SolidSnake120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help explain to me how to install The cMIOS and which is better, Wiigators or Wanin?

I have Wanin got it from his site. the files is "cMIOS_rev1-installer.dol" so to install would i change it to boot.dol?
where would i put it then. and would i just install it from the the HBC?

I also have Wiigators the back up, with the MIOS patcher folder. do i put the patcher folder somewhere seperate from the launcher folder or leave them be
and place in the apps folder?

anyhelp?
a
nd to be clear, does or doesn't Wiigators MIOS run multigame disks?

can someone clear these up for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho +1