Hacking GC Backup Launcher Support

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I actually haven't used it hence I have no backup to test, but are the Wanin/WiiGator's loader compatible each other with the other's cMIOS...??

wingzrow said:
Is there a compatibility list? I don't want to end up with a bunch of frisbees.

Ahhhhh so not wanting to help, right..??

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from what I posted in Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta:

QUOTE said:
In reguards to the "Failed to read DVD 345" error... I've tried a +R set to DVD-ROM booktype and a DVD-R. My wii is 3.3U and should be running the v8 MIOS..... I also have a v6 cIOS.... I had all the IOS' downgraded today just so I could install wad files again and use GCBoot along with SDLoad to load backups off my SDcard through my SDGecko.... Which works but as many of you I'm sure know that audio sounds like.... **** sometimes... That's why I love this I just wish it would work for me.

Anyone have any idea how I can cure the Failed to read DVD 345 error?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about other people who are having problems with the saves on 3rd party memory cards?
I can save my games, but I can't load them when I try to play the game again, it's VERY annoying.

I've tried unplugging it before the game starts, unplugging it and then plugging it back in, deleting the old saves, etc.

I remember Wiigator saying someone else has a similar problem, hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.
It's not like I had a choice to get an official memory card either, the only ones I could find were overpriced.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know save from different regions cause problems (Like if you have a NTSC save on a memory card and try to save in a PAL game). Don't you have ANY Nintendo memory cards? Oh wait some people didn't have Gamecubes.

Spend like $5 and go out and buy an official Nintendo one.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems the problem may have been when I switched over to Wani's cMIOS, as my F-Zero GX and Cubivore saves are intact.
I'll try saving Wind Waker again, as I tested for the save problem last time and it didn't seem to happen.
Maybe I was just over-reacting.

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might try Wani's cMIOS.... Only thing I haven't tried yet.
Edit: ................and......... Still Failed to read DVD 345.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
I know save from different regions cause problems (Like if you have a NTSC save on a memory card and try to save in a PAL game).
This is a decent rule of thumb, but it's not a 100% truth that you'll have problems if you mix save regions. My card right now has PAL Smash Bros., NTSC-U Smash Bros., PAL Ikaruga, NTSC-J Nintendo Puzzle Collection, NTSC-U Prince of Persia, PAL Sonic Mega Collection ... I think that's everything. Only problem is that the Japanese text in the NPC save shows as nonsense characters. Otherwise everything works fine.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I AM having problems.
I can't save in cubivore, it tells me the memory card I have in isn't the same I started with, despite being able to load my saved game.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont feel bad Miles I'm having issues with Luigi's Mansion. My save is on my card but it fails to recognize it
frown.gif
Yet I tried that same memory card with my backup of WWE Day of reckoning 2 and I was able to save and load from it
smile.gif

EDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, will discs with gcos work through the disk channel with Waninkoko's cmios?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is alpha (or is it beta), so I was kind of expecting kinks, but right now it seems to work fine, which is odd.
I'll keep on playing and report if I keep getting the problems, maybe Wiigator will contact me or something.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
referencer said:
Miles said:
Well it is alpha (or is it beta), so I was kind of expecting kinks, but right now it seems to work fine, which is odd.
It's theta, technically.
Technically that's just a name, it's really in alpha or beta.
I don't even know why Wiigator chose Theta instead of Delta, as Theta is the 8th letter in the Greek alphabet, while Delta is the fourth.

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WooT... I updated my cIOS to v7 from v6 at first i thought that would make no difference though... but I thought I should try everything.... Gonna see how resident evil zero runs and edit on wiki.
Edit: Eh wtf I was playing this earlier today on crappy GCboot over SD..... and my file is suddenly not there but I know it is cus it shows up on the wii file manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone