Misc GBATemp 3DS Browser bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
The 3ds Browser is old and outdated now and its not up to web standards. i would recommend a newer web browser.

Reactions: shaunj66

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's like 1 line of css, and the rest of gbatemp worked perfectly fine before the update that made this happen :glare:
why the hell would you be using the 3ds browser on here??? low end smartphones are like $20 these days...

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm saying it again, i'm focusing my attention on the 3DS, not a smartphone or PC. quit answering with variants or implications (such as "use an up-to-date browser") of "just use another device." answer this question as if the only device i own and will use is a 3DS.

(as a related side question, could a homebrew modification possibly fix the 3ds's outdated web protocols, and allow access to sites such as Wikipedia that block the 3ds's browser?)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just going to get the same answer over and over again, the 3DS has an outdated browser, people are not going to waste time updating it to get it up to date, there is nothing wrong with the GBATemp.net site, so deal with it.

Reactions: ack

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
answer this question as if the only device i own and will use is a 3DS.

No.

The 3DS web browser is out of date, we don't know how to say it any other way, and there is no need to implement support for its outdated Webkit version; whether it be the fact it could possibly open up security holes in the forum or that it's just not worth the time or effort, that's the cut and dry of it. If the GBATemp staff determines that not adding support for viewing the forum within the 3DS' outdated Webkit version is the decision they want to go for, then that's their prerogative.

Reactions: ack

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, this is the problem. The only answer you people have nowadays is "switch to [that], [this] is outdated and nobody uses it anymore", i'm not switching because modern stuff is laggy, bloated trashware that rails my pc's memory with leaks and useless JavaScript, older browsers like the one on the 3ds don't support all that needless shit and as such, pretty much outperforms every browser i've used on a desktop pc. it's a situation where speed outweighs compatibility.

Now stop answering with "get a newer browser", i actually want to use my 3ds instead of waiting 10 fucking minutes for my pc's browser to stop having an aneurysm. and no, i can't just pull a new pc out of my ass, so don't answer with that either!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, this is the problem. The only answer you people have nowadays is "switch to [that], [this] is outdated and nobody uses it anymore", i'm not switching because modern stuff is laggy, bloated trashware that rails my pc's memory with leaks and useless JavaScript, older browsers like the one on the 3ds don't support all that needless shit and as such, pretty much outperforms every browser i've used on a desktop pc. it's a situation where speed outweighs compatibility.

Now stop answering with "get a newer browser", i actually want to use my 3ds instead of waiting 10 fucking minutes for my pc's browser to stop having an aneurysm. and no, i can't just pull a new pc out of my ass, so don't answer with that either!

Then why not you update the 3ds browser's version then, instead of yapping you mouth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf