Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version! Commit 6522414 (1/11/2018) of the sd_save branch
Changelog:
  • Fixed the dma regression that was introduced in commit bd2eca2 (fixes lots of games that used to work, but broke after that commit)
  • Fixed the frequency of timers in slave mode (fixes the music in Barbie as the island princess for example)
@Dodain47 Could you retest the games that regressed with this new version? Most should be fixed.
How about putting up the "file_explorer" builds as well?
"file_explorer" doesn't have save support, and thus, no SD corruption issue.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How about putting up the "file_explorer" builds as well?
"file_explorer" doesn't have save support, and thus, no SD corruption issue.
I can do that. Although I have not really heard anyone with the corruption issue anymore. It's annoying that I can't say if it's really a thing or something that was caused by the sd or flashcard of a certain person.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Dodain47 Why is Barbie as the Island Princess suddenly marked as non working? That game worked perfectly when I last tested it. Unless the dma fix I did after that somehow affected that game.

D

Deleted User

Yep, that Barbie game is broken now. I tested it with the arm9 build you uploaded on gbatemp. I wanted to tell you later this afternoon but yeah you were faster.:P

ToruTheRedFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This doesn't work for me at all. I tried two separate Pokémon Ruby ROMs, and neither work.
Both either get stuck on a white screen straight after the BIOS, or the BIOS just keeps resetting.
I'm using the ARM7 version as the ARM9 version just gets stuck on a screen saying TEST.
My console is a Nintendo DSi with HiyaCFW installed, running the emulator (if you can call it that) through TWiLIGHT Menu++.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This doesn't work for me at all. I tried two separate Pokémon Ruby ROMs, and neither work.
Both either get stuck on a white screen straight after the BIOS, or the BIOS just keeps resetting.
I'm using the ARM7 version as the ARM9 version just gets stuck on a screen saying TEST.
My console is a Nintendo DSi with HiyaCFW installed, running the emulator (if you can call it that) through TWiLIGHT Menu++.
Welcome to the forums!
The first thing I would check is still if you have a good rom because I've had the same issue as you even after trying different roms. To check this you have to compare the checksum of your pokemon rom with a good version of a rom. I'll edit and post links.

Basically what you want to do is go to advancescene.com and find the info and checksum for the Pure Pokemon Ruby rom and compare the one you find there with the one you get for your rom by running it through a checksum program (I use 7-zips function for this). There are two "pure" roms for Ruby and the CRC32-type checksum for them are F0815EE7 (for the USA version 1.0 ROM) and 61641576 (for the 1.1 European version). I believe these two should be the versions to look for, however the other rom versions/dumps that are listed on there might be good too. The search engine is a bit tricky so you'll have to write Pokemon - Ruby (note the dash).

Last edited by Zense,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, that Barbie game is broken now. I tested it with the arm9 build you uploaded on gbatemp. I wanted to tell you later this afternoon but yeah you were faster.:P
It works fine for me. I used the file_explorer branch since is-nitro can't save anyway, but you tested it on the sd_save branch before and it worked, so nothing strange there. Did you sram patch the game?

D

Deleted User

Yes, I did Sram patch the game.

Edit: Tested the game without the Sram patch. The game works. So Sram patching breaks the game somehow.

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I did Sram patch the game.

Edit: Tested the game without the Sram patch. The game works. So Sram patching breaks the game somehow.
This is an arm9 build from the file_explorer branch, could you try if it works?

Attachments

• GBARunner2.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 546
D

Deleted User

This is an arm9 build from the file_explorer branch, could you try if it works?
It works. I get the same results, the game breaks with an sram patch.

Edit: I will catch you later.

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It works. I get the same results, the game breaks with an sram patch.
Huh? So it breaks for you when you sram patch it? That's very strange. I used gbata to sram patch and it works fine.

Edit:
Here are SHA256 hashes of my roms:
Unpatched: 7B049B53B0926EEFA01EDD544BFA2557CCC4B4871BA2AFB761F9E675A70E7112
Patched: 1E99835C6DD7AC4F7A935476C51EB1ED980110B3B67C3BF203309FB4519C41A0

Last edited by Gericom,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I took some Pictures from the Rom hasher (found on Romhacking net) results.

Pictures are from the rom Barbie as the Island Princess (USA) with and without sram patching.

Edit: Should this not be sufficent information, please recommend me a different rom hasher!

Attachments

• Barbie sram patched.jpg
    Barbie sram patched.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Barbie sram patched2.jpg
    Barbie sram patched2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Barbie no sram.jpg
    Barbie no sram.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Barbie no sram2.jpg
    Barbie no sram2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 207

ToruTheRedFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The first ROM I used was the German debug version of the game, which works fine in emulators using the same BIOS, and the second one I'm not sure about (btw I can't quote because I'm a new member and the post contains links)

D

Deleted User

The first ROM I used was the German debug version of the game, which works fine in emulators using the same BIOS, and the second one I'm not sure about (btw I can't quote because I'm a new member and the post contains links)

Always go for the No-Intro GBA Rom collection. Those are clean gba rom without any modification. We use those for testing.

Quote From the No Intro site:
An Intro is a code that runs before the original game, often with music and animations, it often displayed the release groups credits and greetings to their friends. We consider intros to be something that adulterate the original dumps and we are against any modification of the original code. That means that we don´t like intros,cracks,trainers,etc.

ToruTheRedFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Always go for the No-Intro GBA Rom collection. Those are clean gba rom without any modification. We use those for testing.

Quote From the No Intro site:
An Intro is a code that runs before the original game, often with music and animations, it often displayed the release groups credits and greetings to their friends. We consider intros to be something that adulterate the original dumps and we are against any modification of the original code. That means that we don´t like intros,cracks,trainers,etc.
Tried a different ROM, still nothing but a horizontal line appearing for a single frame after the BIOS.

ToruTheRedFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
idk anyone experienced with either of those .-.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok I got the GBA Test Suite to run, but it's blasting random noises out the speakers

D

Deleted User

@Gericom, I finished restesting the games from the C list.

Cars - Mater-National Championship [E] doesn´t have the glitches during a race anymore.
Croket! - Yume no Banker Survival! [J] works very well now.

The Commit a61e70e (2017/04/22) is probably the last arm9 build where Boktai 3 - Shin Bokura no Taiyō: Gyakushū no Sabata is working.
The uploaded build below is from the master branch.

I will go and update the wiki again.

Attachments

• 22042017.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 153

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom, I finished restesting the games from the C list.

Cars - Mater-National Championship [E] doesn´t have the glitches during a race anymore.
Croket! - Yume no Banker Survival! [J] works very well now.

The Commit a61e70e (2017/04/22) is probably the last arm9 build where Boktai 3 - Shin Bokura no Taiyō: Gyakushū no Sabata is working.
The uploaded build below is from the master branch.

I will go and update the wiki again.
Okay, so that game regressed, but is not fixed yet. I'll check it out.
Btw, the sound in Cars - Mater-National Championship [E] is only fixable with a game specific patch. It uses a stupid ldmia opcode with writeback in rlist that officially has undefined behavior and indeed behaves differently on ds. I tried fixing the opcode in memory and that fixed the sound. I might add something that can fix this kind of issues for specific games or so.
I noticed btw that on the wiki most games you retested are either completely non-working or playable. Only few games really stop working during splash screens or so (red category). This is a good sign as completely non-working games often have a good reason why they don't work, while red games often crash because of some weird thing they do that is not emulated correctly. @Dodain47

Last edited by Gericom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over