Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have tried everything. It just will not work on an R4 SDHC flash cart. (There is no modded version in the download package by the way.)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I have tried everything. It just will not work on an R4 SDHC flash cart. (There is no modded version in the download package by the way.)
Yes it is.

crop.png

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBMenu is indeed in the download package, though I don't know if it has been modded.
It is indeed modded to show the .gba, the .pat, and the .sav files, and is also modded to launch the emulator.
It works on a R4i-SDHC. Is your cart the R4-SDHC from r4i-sdhc.com?

(offtopic) My 100th post B-) I'm now officialy "Member"

DTurtle16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

I'm having a bit of an issue loading saves for Pokemon Ruby (E). I can get it to launch and run great with 128K Flash set as the save type (gets a white screen for all other save types) and then newirq (all other settings are the A button options). I save the game, then open the save menu on the bottom screen and hit "save save." Then I shut off the DS and reboot it, launch hbmenu, and then load the patch.pat file, load the save file, then launch the ROM. But when I get to the new game/load screen it tells me that the save file has been deleted, and I'm forced to start a new game again :/

I'm using a legit Acekard 2i.

Any ideas? Thanks!

TheDan2430

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

I'm having a bit of an issue loading saves for Pokemon Ruby (E). I can get it to launch and run great with 128K Flash set as the save type (gets a white screen for all other save types) and then newirq (all other settings are the A button options). I save the game, then open the save menu on the bottom screen and hit "save save." Then I shut off the DS and reboot it, launch hbmenu, and then load the patch.pat file, load the save file, then launch the ROM. But when I get to the new game/load screen it tells me that the save file has been deleted, and I'm forced to start a new game again :/

I'm using a legit Acekard 2i.

Any ideas? Thanks!
it happens to me too, just try another savefile

Ostyle

Trophies
XP
Country
it happens to me too, just try another savefile

you have to choose SaveTypeAutomatic then when you save in-game you press Y...also when you beat the Champion don't forget to press Y right after you go through the Hall of Fame because at the end of the credits your game will freeze...
That should do

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what happens when you try to run the HBMenu mod? Do you get a Guru error when you select an option, or does the mod not start?

DTurtle16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to choose SaveTypeAutomatic then when you save in-game you press Y...also when you beat the Champion don't forget to press Y right after you go through the Hall of Fame because at the end of the credits your game will freeze...
That should do
It still deletes the save file even when I load it as SaveTypeAutomatic :/

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Press Y twice, and you'll get "Save file corrupted" instead. It'll load the last save, and since you saved twice, it'll load where you left off.
No, just no. That's not how it works at all. I'm a semi-expert in Pokemon (especially the GBA games), and the only reason that would help is if GBAemu4DS is messing the save file up itself, in which case there's an equal chance of it corrupting the save again.

DTurtle16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just no. That's not how it works at all. I'm a semi-expert in Pokemon (especially the GBA games), and the only reason that would help is if GBAemu4DS is messing the save file up itself, in which case there's an equal chance of it corrupting the save again.
How would you recommend getting the saves to work?

And for the record, pressing Y twice doesn't seem to bring up the save menu (after saving in game, of course). I have to press A+B+Up to get the menu. Using the latest version of Gbaemu4DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo