Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(In alpha2 fix4)
When I launch Super Mario Advance 2, is bottom screen is white (which I assume is correct).
When I launch Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters, the top screen is white.

As for the white screen, I would personally prefer just shutting off or blacking out the unused screen.
Shutting it off would save battery, whereas blacking it out would be less annoying.
I would prefer shutting the screen off- Flashcarts consume enough battery already.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(In alpha2 fix4)
When I launch Super Mario Advance 2, is bottom screen is white (which I assume is correct).
When I launch Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters, the top screen is white.

As for the white screen, I would personally prefer just shutting off or blacking out the unused screen.
Shutting it off would save battery, whereas blacking it out would be less annoying.
Sorry I can't reproduce the bug.

I can only shut down the back-light (I will do that in the next Version) not the screen also as I use the display mode 0 so I don't have any unneeded VRAM waits but the downside of this is the display will be white.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I can't reproduce the bug.

I can only shut down the back-light (I will do that in the next Version) not the screen also as I use the display mode 0 so I don't have any unneeded VRAM waits but the downside of this is the display will be white.
Alright, will gladly take a white screen for more performance (or less complexity), especially if you can shut off the backlight.

Shadowlicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched everywhere, but I don't know what im doing wrong.

I have a 3ds XL with r4 wood.

I unzipped the alpha2 fix4 on the root of my SD card, and placed the .bin gba roms on both the root and __rpg folder (to try both methods, loading with hbmenu.nds and loading directly from the r4 menu)

Games won't appear on my r4 games menu like the nds ones and when i try to run hbmenu.nds i get a blackscreen with this text: "fatinitDefault failed!"

Any ideas?

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have searched everywhere, but I don't know what im doing wrong.

I have a 3ds XL with r4 wood.

I unzipped the alpha2 fix4 on the root of my SD card, and placed the .bin gba roms on both the root and __rpg folder (to try both methods, loading with hbmenu.nds and loading directly from the r4 menu)

Games won't appear on my r4 games menu like the nds ones and when i try to run hbmenu.nds i get a blackscreen with this text: "fatinitDefault failed!"

Any ideas?

I had problems with the Wood version too (although I was using Wood4TT because the R4i-SDHC is a DSTT hardware clone). You'll get the fatinitDefault failed messafe when launching from an incorrectly patched DLDI. If you've got another kernel other than Wood, use that to load HBMenu.nds.

Shadowlicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had problems with the Wood version too (although I was using Wood4TT because the R4i-SDHC is a DSTT hardware clone). You'll get the fatinitDefault failed messafe when launching from an incorrectly patched DLDI. If you've got another kernel other than Wood, use that to load HBMenu.nds.
I have exactly this one: http://www.r4gold.cc/images/WOOD card only.jpg

Is it a copy? :/

And, I do not have anotherr kernel, any suggestion? or just any sould work fine?

Thanks for replying tho, i'll search something.

PS: TWEWY <3

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Shadowlicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your card is a clone and most likely running a hacked Wood R4, which could be causing some problems for you.

I suggest trying Retro's files
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Gonna try this one, thanks!

And sorry for being a total noob about FCs, got my 3ds 2-3 weeks ago and I couldnt afford the DSTwo by then because I bought KH 3D, Theatrythm FF and KI:U so i just ran out of cash too fast lol.

Since i just noticed that I have a clone, im not sure anymore about which Kernel should I install on my FC (not even after reading the .txts) Q_Q

Anyways im gonna try to install the R4-Clone YSMenu, which im guessing is the one I should use (since i guess my clone is a R4 gold clone)

EDIT: Oh, and I guess it shouldnt be a problem if I dual-boot this kernel, right?

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Great work can't wait for a auto-detect sound fix (there are 10+ options for sound dunno which to choose >.<)
all of the games worked somewhat fine but those 3 crushed at the start with the errors posted below. Is there a specific setting to change to get around this? like Vsycline and such...
Ogre Tactics:
20130115_114548_2.jpg

Breath of Fire II:
20130115_114958_1.jpg

Tales Of Phantasia:
20130115_120413_1.jpg

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Great work can't wait for a auto-detect sound fix (there are 10+ options for sound dunno which to choose >.<)
I don't recall ichfly saying anything about an auto-detect sound fix.

Anyway, all the sound options are just their normal counterparts, but with sound.

Code:
oldirq - Should only be used for homebrew under most circumstances

newirq - Standard setting, suitable for most uses

advirq - The fastest setting. Try this first, and fall back to newirq if there are glitches.

(old/new/adv)irqsc - Scaling option; whites out one screen and makes the other fullscreen. (In alpha1 fix1, this was a dual-screen mode, with 1 screen being fullscreen and the other normal)

(old/new/adv)irqsound - Should be self-explanatory.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't recall ichfly saying anything about an auto-detect sound fix.

Anyway, all the sound options are just their normal counterparts, but with sound.

Code:
oldirq - Should only be used for homebrew under most circumstances

newirq - Standard setting, suitable for most uses

advirq - The fastest setting. Try this first, and fall back to newirq if there are glitches.

(old/new/adv)irqsc - Scaling option; whites out one screen and makes the other fullscreen. (In alpha1 fix1, this was a dual-screen mode, with 1 screen being fullscreen and the other normal)

(old/new/adv)irqsound - Should be self-explanatory.

Thanks for explaining, wasn't sure about the types. and ichfly didn't say a thing about auto detect I was just hoping :)

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... R4 Clone kernel didnt work, will try that.

Okay, try these steps I used to get it running on my R4i-SDHC:
Download the official YSMenu.
Then grab DLDI No-AutoPatch from dldi.drunkencoders.com.
DLDI No-Autopatch the YSMenu, and then it should work. No more "no FAT found" errors and such. That should work on your cart.
Unfortunately, this won't work for Wood. I've tried, and it fails. You'll get a no FAT error and all that either way.

(offtopic) Another TWEWY player! :lol:

Shadowlicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, try these steps I used to get it running on my R4i-SDHC:
Download the official YSMenu.
Then grab DLDI No-AutoPatch from dldi.drunkencoders.com.
DLDI No-Autopatch the YSMenu, and then it should work. No more "no FAT found" errors and such. That should work on your cart.
Unfortunately, this won't work for Wood. I've tried, and it fails. You'll get a no FAT error and all that either way.

(offtopic) Another TWEWY player! :lol:

Thank you mate, gonna try that tomorrow, now its sleep time here on Europe D:

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
todo list

sound (Sweep/Len/Envelope)
shut down the back-light in the sc Version
bug fixes
tests

all of the games worked somewhat fine but those 3 crushed at the start with the errors posted below. Is there a specific setting to change to get around this? like Vsycline and such...
Ogre Tactics:
20130115_114548_2.jpg

Breath of Fire II:
20130115_114958_1.jpg

Tales Of Phantasia:
20130115_120413_1.jpg
try to load patch.pat as patch and than start the game also works with YA.
auto-detect is most likely not possible.
thanks for the error reports looks like there is a bug in the H-Blanc handler...

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for replying ichichfly! I have A small request (I hope), when you in the program after you select a gba rom there is a menu before playing the game(with bios patch and gbafile) is there a way to make it so when you push the B button it go back to the gba list of games?

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying ichichfly! I have A small request (I hope), when you in the program after you select a gba rom there is a menu before playing the game(with bios patch and gbafile) is there a way to make it so when you push the B button it go back to the gba list of games?

Agreed. I don't want to have to keep resetting my DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...