Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i wish i could play pokemon emerald on it. or maybe a faster version of hwspeedup.nds . apart from that, yea cool. so im gonna a german version of sma2 (the only one that works?) trim my sma2 rom and play it. cool :D

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Update r34

“This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will improve the overall system performance”
After testing many games I observed that games that are compatible with new_irq_slow, old_irq, old_irq_slow, are compatible with new_irq, and there are some compatible with new_irq but aren't compatible with other versions, with this I mean that new_irq is more compatible than other.

Some game added to compatibility list.

BTW: There is a message:
Warning: you try to run gbaemu DS on DEMON IO Library gbaemu may not work press A to continue and ignore this
It appears because I run emu through HBMenu, because my firmware can't run it. Can you remove it from next revisions because I test new revisions with many games and it takes me too much time.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First of all ty for hard work ichy! :)

Can anyone help? ;p im a b it confused on how to use
I have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.9 which version i must download?and how i do it?

thanks in advance

There are 4 files...which i use? :s do i need anything else?

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova

I have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.9 which version i must download?and how i do it?

thanks in advance

If you want to play games then check the compatibility list to see which version which game can run. If you want to test, then select here the revision you want; the last revision contain 4 files. You can test with them all but the main version are the one without "slow". If you can't run the emulator with your main firmware try using HBMenu.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

thanks in advance

If you want to play games then check the compatibility list to see which version which game can run. If you want to test, then select here the revision you want; the last revision contain 4 files. You can test with them all but the main version are the one without "slow". If you can't run the emulator with your main firmware try using HBMenu.

ok ii wanted to test it so i thought of using something that was reported working
The very first game BoF says that its working on rev hyperr32newirq
So i install this file in my root of the card as well as the *game*
i run the emulator and i choose the game then it asks me for savetype, fps and videosync and i press on all A
Then i get a CPU load rom...OK
and then i get a White screen(main screen) and some debug like info below and nothing else

Btw i get this warning when i run it:Warning you try to run gbaemu ds on acekard ak2 gbaemu may not work

Am i doing something wrong??

thanks for replying

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
ok ii wanted to test it so i thought of using something that was reported working
i run the emulator and i choose the game then it asks me for savetype, fps and videosync and i press on all A
and then i get a White screen(main screen) and some debug like info below and nothing else

Btw i get this warning when i run it:Warning you try to run gbaemu ds on acekard ak2 gbaemu may not work

thanks for replying
I don't know. You must be sure you use hyperspeedup 32 newirq. Did you tried to run emulator through HBMenu?
I'm running emulator through hbmenu and it works for me.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

thanks for replying
I don't know. You must be sure you use hyperspeedup 32 newirq. Did you tried to run emulator through HBMenu?
I'm running emulator through hbmenu and it works for me.

Thanks again for help mate
ye that version i used.Gonna try with HBmenu
(does it matter if i use DSL or 3DS)?

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Thanks again for help mate
ye that version i used.Gonna try with HBmenu
(does it matter if i use DSL or 3DS)?
I'm using DSlite and it works. Don't know about 3DS. I think on 3DS should work better because of more powerful processor and ram.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
lol i give up

I tried with all the files from HBmenu and i still get the white screen on dslite and 3ds

seriously dunno what else to do it drove me crazy xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: what did hirade and rez do?