Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

loco365

Trophies
XP
It works nice, SMA4 is pretty close to running. I can choose a game, but SMB3 freezes upon launch, and Mario Bros. freezes when you begin round 1.

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any homebrew or games that used to work now show a white screen the game is running though just white screen. i tried waiting but i waited ages but none still dont work. there are no errors either. revision 31

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Compatibility list updates.
Another World GBA, Sonic GBA, Defi de Noel and some more homebrews working.
Thanks!
any homebrew or games that used to work now show a white screen the game is running though just white screen. i tried waiting but i waited ages but none still dont work. there are no errors either. revision 31
What Version is the last Version that is working ?
ADD: Try to Disable irq hooks
ADD2: Try an alternative loader

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the last version that worked for me was r28 (the first code_container.nds) basically the ones that show this new video sync option dont work. i dont even know what irq hooks are. I use an original r4

Last edited by Kaoid,

T-Tudor

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
More Compatibility List Updates
  • More working homebrews(Turkey, Dangerous Xmas, Sushi Cat, Atomix, Chips Advance, and many more)
With r31:
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit - now less crashed tiles in main menu, and you can start the race but karts have crashed sprites.
  • Danny Phantom Ultimate Enemy - now works further, but after saving profile name on screen appears many crashed tiles.
  • KuruKuru Kururin - now stick is visible but with crashed tiles. Works faster.
  • Shrek - Hassle at the Castle - now is playable, some graphic problems and may lag.
  • Super Mario Advance 2 - if save type is set to automatic appears error "Save corrupt", if is set to flash64 or 128 then appears white screen and freezes
  • Super Mario Advance 4(U) - (to start this game correctly you need a save file) after selecting save file and starting game appears "Reading" then an error about save file, after that game starts. If you select Super Mario Bros. 3, the emulator will crash; if you select Super Mario Bros., it will start, but you can't do anything.

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the last version that worked for me was r28 (the first code_container.nds) basically the ones that show this new video sync option dont work. i dont even know what irq hooks are. I use an original r4 (and no i cant get a better card like an acekard 2i, my parents wont buy me another card)

looks like the arm7 is not working try this Version or try to load it with hbmenu

Update r32

“This update provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will improve the overall system performance”
better fifoinit

will the emu work with r4i gold (www.r4ids.cn)

yes

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
revision 32 work on my ds now but the old irq sys version works better than the new irq sys version but they both work. good job ichfly

ichichfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What flashcards work?. What I do and I need to use the cheats?. I say this because I saw a file of "cheatsearch".
Currently cheat function isn't available.

BTW, ichichfly, what is videosyncline and what will happen if value is changed?
The videosyncline is the VCOUNT at which the emulator start the keypad update do the pausemenue check (is L+R+A+B pressed) and do some grafic stuff (sprites (only the data not the position etc.),DISPCNT and in mode 3,4,5 also the BG) also the CPUCheckDMA(1, 0x0f) is done there.

What flashcards work?. What I do and I need to use the cheats?. I say this because I saw a file of "cheatsearch".
This emulator is working and tested on r4i gold from www.r4ids.cn. There are some other flashcards that work as well but I don't have a list of cards that are Compatible

Update r33
some shortcuts added
added slow Versions (that Version fix some games,break some games and some games are slowed down)

DarkMuha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Super Mario Advance 2
->Super Mario World is working perfect now. all levels are playable now!!!!!!!! (just working with new irq and old irq slow) just the sound is missing *_*
->MArio Bros is not working the game crashes
i can upload proof video

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Mario Advance 2
->Super Mario World is working perfect now. all levels are playable now!!!!!!!! (just working with new irq and old irq slow) just the sound is missing *_*
->MArio Bros is not working the game crashes
i can upload proof video

which save type does it work with? says save data is coruppted to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie