ROM Hack GBA Auto Trainer Maker(GBAATM)

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a safe(r?) code that doesn't crash during changes as far as I tested. But I still am unable to walk through walls. I'm not sure if there is anything special you have to do in order for the code to work either. Let me know if you are able to get it working.

WTW
A3007D5E 3B01
A3007D5E 0800
83007D60 F800
83007D62 0203
5203F802 0003
A0E31EFF 2FE1

†Diablo™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried to patch pokemon emerald ita version with ita codes codbreaker but when i choose to activate the codes or deactivate when i press start the screen freeze and nothing work.......i use acekard 2i and ezflash 3in1 some tips?

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program is too big for my laptop screen
ohnoes.png
And the screen is as small as it can get. Anyway I can fix this, since I have no ability to maximize the window.

Any help?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to add a function to automatically (or manually) resize the window so it is able to be seen fully on lower res devices and still be viewable.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still wasn't able to see the bottom. And I have the 10?? x ??? resolution setting, it's just that this is a netbook and it has a small screen. Any fix for me?
frown.gif

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton
smile.gif
It finally is small enough for me to see
biggrin.gif
Small text, but it works!

EDIT: Okay, now I tried patching Legacy of Goku 2, and I put the codes in this format:
Gohan Max EP
5A59F83D39B0
Piccolo Inf EP
BE4CFC006AE1
Vegeta Inf EP
FC8D77064961
Trunks Inf EP
BA887E096A21

But whenever I use it in VBA, it will just stay a white screen
frown.gif
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I got everything working for my DS and all is well there.

Now I recentally picked a psp and made it homebrew ready.

I'm using the gpspkai gba emulator. Works great, but when I started using my old rom (that is working with the DS) on the PSP, the gbaatm cheats will not work.

So I downloaded another psp gba emulator: gpsp. I tried the rom on this emulator and all works like it did before.

I'm curious as to why that is? What is gpspkai doing that blocks the cheats that I injected with gbaatm?

I tried redoing my rom with different address and different "execute every", but still no joy. But using that same rom on the ds or the other gba emulator it works. It's just gpspkai that's not working with. I'd like to use this emulator exclusively because of the full screen feature.

Also I can't use the cheat feature of gpspkai because my codes are in the wrong format.

xxxxxxxx xxxx (wrong) vs xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx (right) How do I convert these? Any help?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else mentioned a while back that the Kai build seemed to negate the effects of the cheat function but I haven't had the chance to test it out. I will try to do that here and figure out what is going on.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a toggle for VBLANK checking which gpSP and/or the kai branch doesn't emulate properly so the cheats will be in effect now when VBLANK checking is disabled.

imPersonator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this for Zelda link to the past and it works fine in the emulator, but not on my flash card, even if I don't use many codes. I think the patch itself is causing it to crash on my card.

Edit: Got it to work by adding a trainer menu, so tried opening the patched file in a hex editor and adding FFs till it filled to the 16th byte and it worked.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By adding FFs till it filled to the 16th byte do you mean you padded until the next xxxxF offset? The cart's software must have a trimming function that is buggy. What cart is it?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
cracker said:
By adding FFs till it filled to the 16th byte do you mean you padded until the next xxxxF offset? The cart's software must have a trimming function that is buggy. What cart is it?

I think he just completed bytes structures with FFs (0`s i believe) to mask rom as an original. Some devices just don´t like trimmed roms (Ninjapass 9X however will like every patched game rather than original).

And... i´ve been reading that every flash cart autopatches- from kernel- roms so compatibility with homebrew might trouble a bit.

Great idea imPersonator.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It now automatically pads to the next 16th byte in the file so the trimming in the software shouldn't break the games now.

HavokX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have a question about Pokemon FireRed. I've read a previous comment about it, but it didn't answer my question. I would like to catch a wild Mew. I have several codes that would allow me to do so. To test them out, I have a clean ROM of FR and VBA to test the hacked ROM. The thing is, whenever I put the codes in the game with your program, the sound is messed up in a battle but no Mew. When I use the built-in cheat thing in VBA, the codes work and I encounter a wild Mew. I know the program works, as I have successfully teleported to Birth Island and Naval Rock (places you need to have event items for). What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1