Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so everyone knows. if you disrespect me ill will ignore you and any future comments or help need that I could help with your out of luck. im not saying i know everything so don't try using that as I already covered that I dont know everything but I do know some stuff. I don't disrespect anyone nor discriminate against race,religion,sex or any other way. not only that im sure there are kids on here looking at these forums and a parent walks in and sees the language that has been used would not sit well with some parents as I am a father of 4.

Reactions: chartube12

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the hole they dug themselves, they can't fix anything.

Here's the issue - They have already said that NO legitimate Gateway users would be affected.

But as anyone who has ever programmed stuff knows, a program sometimes does odd things. It can fail, and you'd have no idea why it did that. Hell, you may never be able to recreate the specific instances that lead to that failure.

So, we'll have some cases like that. Legit users, getting hit by the bricking code, for no known reason.

Gateway can't come out and say "opps's, our bricking code did brick legitimate users!" because if they did that, they would lose all of their credibility.

So yeah... Nothing will come of this. People will send end the 3DS's, they will lose the shipping fee's, and Gateway will just say that the bricking was caused by using other flashcards. Doesn't matter that it really was a legitimate user who got screwed - Admitting to it would lose them more business then leaving some customers out to dry will.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1
the bulk of your post has already been discredited in previous (now locked) threads. Look on page 2 or 3 of the forum for a locked thread.

What part of my post has been discredited? Has it not already been proven that Gateway cards have a chance of bricking your console? Was the code obfuscation a lie from Profi200 who I'd trust to know more about my 3DS than Gateway? Another thing I forgot to add that I believe was discussed earlier was the fact that they don't request your NAND dump which would be required to restore your 3DS once the eMMC issue is solved. I'd be EXTREMELY wary of sending my 3DS to them. (and by extremely wary I mean I would cut my losses and just buy a new 3DS rather than supporting their team by giving them free consoles)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think the not sending nand dump is a bit null and void.....its easily possible to just email it to them, its not like its a physical item......not saying i would blindly believe this promise......just that not posting a nand dump isn't 100% proof its BS

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yeah right. Anyone actually willing jump through all of these hoops to get their console fixed is just going to get rejected anyway. Gateway is just going to say that you're lying (even if you aren't) and then hold your device ransom.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just so everyone knows. if you disrespect me ill will ignore you and any future comments or help need that I could help with your out of luck. im not saying i know everything so don't try using that as I already covered that I dont know everything but I do know some stuff. I don't disrespect anyone nor discriminate against race,religion,sex or any other way. not only that im sure there are kids on here looking at these forums and a parent walks in and sees the language that has been used would not sit well with some parents as I am a father of 4.

you should have kept your mouth shut about "using the lord's name in vain", it has no place on a forum about console hacking etc.

don't try to play the hurt feeling card or the protector of the innocence of children and moral values card, please.

now, I have no beef with you, so let's all be friendly and drop this. don't forget, don't bring one of the ten commandments to a gaming forum, and you'll be fine.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait did they just say they will charge you a 100 dollars and send you back a still bricked console if you used another launcher? The opening post makes it sound so!

pretty much. it's ridiculous. Where do those charges come from, and this leads me to believe they're going to persuade you to pay a $100 'compliment fee' if they fix it. It won't be required but they will say something stupid like people who give them the $100 are going to be put on the top of the priority list to send your console back and/or they're going to give you a horrible quality box with no protections for your console if you don't pay them.

come on guys, don't fall for this

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What part of my post has been discredited? Has it not already been proven that Gateway cards have a chance of bricking your console? Was the code obfuscation a lie from Profi200 who I'd trust to know more about my 3DS than Gateway? Another thing I forgot to add that I believe was discussed earlier was the fact that they don't request your NAND dump which would be required to restore your 3DS once the eMMC issue is solved. I'd be EXTREMELY wary of sending my 3DS to them. (and by extremely wary I mean I would cut my losses and just buy a new 3DS rather than supporting their team by giving them free consoles)

Honestly, thats what it appears to me as well. A grab for consoles. With as high of fee's they've tacked on, the know that most people won't bother for a broken item.

With as many people on their knee's right now, Gateway knows that they can just say "clone is use. money now or we keep." for any console they get in, and most people would still praise them.

Reactions: frown and NEP

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

What I don't buy from your previous post is the fact that you try to justify the clones not doing their job because GW made it too difficult to detect/prevent. If they decided to put the shady timebomb, ofc it's gonna be shady. I fail to see why people refuse to turn to the clones team/teams instead.

Other than that, I agree with most of what you wrote there.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't buy from your previous post is the fact that you try to justify the clones not doing their job because GW made it too difficult to detect/prevent. If they decided to put the shady timebomb, ofc it's gonna be shady. I fail to see why people refuse to turn to the clones team/teams instead.

It's not justifying them not doing their job its more saying that it was nigh impossible for them to do it.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What a genius moneymaking scheme by Gateway team.

1) Develop a high-tech 3DS flashcard
2) ???
3) Profit

Looks like they finally figured out step 2: Brick everyone's console, collect them, and run away with your mountains of treasure!

Holy shit, some of the people on these forums are certifiable.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ey
2) ???
3) Profit

Looks like they finally figured out step 2: Brick everyone's console, collect them, and run away with your mountains of treasure!

2 would be
  • Developing a money making card
  • bricking consoles with a brick code
  • getting tons of consoles sent in
  • disappear, and ruin sales for other flash card companies while at it
It's flawless, other companies lose sales, you got tons of money and a bunch of consoles.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Maybe because people here have Gateways and not R4s. Gateway having a kill switch touches us, concerns us. We're complaining so that things get changed. If you don't stand up, nothing will get changed.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not justifying them not doing their job its more saying that it was nigh impossible for them to do it.

If you have no idea of what you are doing, or simply you're not sure if it's safe for your costumers, isn't it irresponsible to sell it in the first place? (Assuming you care about them ofc)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

2) ???
3) Profit

This is the last post I'm gonna read tonight, I'll end it with a laugh. Thanks for that.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2) ???
3) Profit

Whats stopping gateway from not running away with your console. By you sending in your console you're literally giving them a hostage and a gun.

If you have no idea of what you are doing, or simply you're not sure if it's safe for your costumers, isn't it irresponsible to sell it in the first place? (Assuming you care about them ofc)

The issue is that they're all looking to make a quick buck in the end. I'm not saying what either team did was right. TBH I think the best course of action after this whole debacle ends is to switch to open source development (i.e the idea of a custom firmware as see by SMEA's work). But yes I do agree that it's irresponsible to sell a product that you noticed all of a sudden had their code obfuscated and have no clue what could have been added.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q