Hacking Gateway will fix any bricked 3DS for free, as long as you're not lying!

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2 would be
  • Developing a money making card
  • bricking consoles with a brick code
  • getting tons of consoles sent in
  • disappear, and ruin sales for other flash card companies while at it
Yes, I was deriding this idea and people who actually entertained it, as if it were anything other than sheer lunacy...

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Master X
Agreed that's exactly what I was trying to say in a previous post. Well said

edit: here's the post I was replying to.
With the hole they dug themselves, they can't fix anything.

Here's the issue - They have already said that NO legitimate Gateway users would be affected.

But as anyone who has ever programmed stuff knows, a program sometimes does odd things. It can fail, and you'd have no idea why it did that. Hell, you may never be able to recreate the specific instances that lead to that failure.

So, we'll have some cases like that. Legit users, getting hit by the bricking code, for no known reason.

Gateway can't come out and say "opps's, our bricking code did brick legitimate users!" because if they did that, they would lose all of their credibility.

So yeah... Nothing will come of this. People will send end the 3DS's, they will lose the shipping fee's, and Gateway will just say that the bricking was caused by using other flashcards. Doesn't matter that it really was a legitimate user who got screwed - Admitting to it would lose them more business then leaving some customers out to dry will.

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would add another one:

2.1. Gateway doesn't fix it and you're out $20 for shipping.(remember your 3ds is worth nothing bricked). They claim you used a clone, and you have no way to prove/disprove it. Some people will believe you, some people won't. We are back to square one.

Or your console with your red card inside will be confiscated by the customs.
Using those cards isn't illegal in most of countries but importing/exporting them is illegal in some countries.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe because people here have Gateways and not R4s. Gateway having a kill switch touches us, concerns us. We're complaining so that things get changed. If you don't stand up, nothing will get changed.

As a GW user, I can't agree more. But clones did their part, and no one cares.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
i have to share something to support what sergster1 said . I already said this in another thread.
STOP saying GW is the real deal, legit group and ONLY the others are cloners. GW is no better. Ill tell you why.

People seem to forget GW cloned R4 in the first place with their booter card.

>>u forget that atm, the 3ds scene , be it GW or clone, DEPENDS on DS mode to get their stuff going, hence why GW clones a DS cart because its required. I got both carts, from GW and 3dslink and i dont defend any of the two, i just care i get delivered the functionality that i want. BUT EVEN IN THE BEGINNING GW had already cloned r4.

shame on r4 team for being lazy and not copying their shit right, and shame on GW, the cloner that whines over other cloners, having to activate God mode and kill a whole bunch of 3DS consoles with a bomb. There is no legitimacy in that.<<

Did GW even discover the DS profile exploit or was it someone else?

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As a GW user, I can't agree more. But clones did their part, and no one cares.

I think people do care, but people also realize the cloners weren't doing it on purpose. They are simply gimps. It's like giving a wonky mental patient a gun and driving him to a mall. The gun giver achieved ruining that mental patient's life. I'm not going to buy a product from the mental patient, but I'm more pissed at the person who gave the gun.

Reactions: NEP

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's actually just an R4 card, not a clone, just an actual one afaik. I don't blame them for not unneccesarily reinventing the wheel.

DS mode flashcards have been around for years. Why would they need to produce their own one. It's pretty much inconsequential to the hack, other than being used for the entry point.

Reactions: Saxer

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Or your console with your red card inside will be confiscated by the customs.
Using those cards isn't illegal in most of countries but importing/exporting them is illegal in some countries.

We all can agree this warranty GW provides can go wrong at so many places. Including confiscation by customs(Good one hadnt thought of it) ,shipping cost and not trusting GW etc.

They COULD release the method to unbrick, this will solve so many problems. The only reason they still havent is they dont want cloners etc to unbrick their consoles. Taking revenge on cloners is more important than giving their so called good service to their customer.

GW...if you really care about your users/scene, release the fix publicly.

Reactions: temp1312

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have to share something to support what sergster1 said . I already said this in another thread.
STOP saying GW is the real deal, legit group and ONLY the others are cloners. GW is no better. Ill tell you why.

People seem to forget GW cloned R4 in the first place with their booter card.

>>u forget that atm, the 3ds scene , be it GW or clone, DEPENDS on DS mode to get their stuff going, hence why GW clones a DS cart because its required. I got both carts, from GW and 3dslink and i dont defend any of the two, i just care i get delivered the functionality that i want. BUT EVEN IN THE BEGINNING GW had already cloned r4.

shame on r4 team for being lazy and not copying their shit right, and shame on GW, the cloner that whines over other cloners, having to activate God mode and kill a whole bunch of 3DS consoles with a bomb. There is no legitimacy in that.<<

Did GW even discover the DS profile exploit or was it someone else?

With what they copied from others or from using the exploit others found (I have no idea who found it), I'm pretty sure it's not enough to run 3ds roms. So they did something "innovative" and that's why they get credit for it, nothing else.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all can agree this warranty GW provides can go wrong at so many places. Including confiscation by customs(Good one hadnt thought of it) and shiiping cost, not trusting GW etc.

They COULD release the method to unbrick, this will solve so many problems. The only reason they dont is they dont want cloners etc to unbrick their consoles. Taking revenge on cloners is more important than giving their so called good service to their customer.

The issue is that I doubt theres anyway to unbrick your console. They've corrupted the eMMC controller and made it think that the NAND is 0. I'm pretty sure the only way to fix this is to replace the eMMC controller all together or do some fancy work in which you use a working 3DS's eMMC controller and reprogram the NAND of the broken 3DS using that. Other than that I think you would be SOL.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complaining about evil clone cards stealing their hard work, when their product is designed to steal the hard work of others. This Team Gateway sounds a lot like Shocker Toys - shady shady shady.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We all can agree this warranty GW provides can go wrong at so many places. Including confiscation by customs(Good one hadnt thought of it) ,shipping cost and not trusting GW etc.

They COULD release the method to unbrick, this will solve so many problems. The only reason they still havent is they dont want cloners etc to unbrick their consoles. Taking revenge on cloners is more important than giving their so called good service to their customer.

They should also send their work to the other companies first, so everyone releases the updates at the same time. And the code with comments on what does every line in it, to make sure it never happens again.

Reactions: gamesquest1

juins

Trophies
XP
Country

Pandoraway battery and jigstick release plz.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
It's actually just an R4 card, not a clone, just an actual one afaik. I don't blame them for not unneccesarily reinventing the wheel.

DS mode flashcards have been around for years. Why would they need to produce their own one. It's pretty much inconsequential to the hack, other than being used for the entry point.

i guess.
but if they truly think the way they speak, they couldve come out with a partition or something on the 3ds cart to boot up the nds profile xploit, not needing the ds cart.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cloner card companies should step up and offer to repair the bricked consoles since it was their fault in the first place. Of course, Gateway will have to give them the method since they cant come up with a method of their own (just like the launchers they released to brick the consoles).

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i guess.
but if they truly think the way they speak, they couldve come out with a partition or something on the 3ds cart to boot up the nds profile xploit, not needing the ds cart.

There's probably not enough space, physically, in the cart for that. Also, the device would've required a switch then, unnecessarily complicating its design.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
They should also send their work to the other companies first, so everyone releases the updates at the same time. And the code with comments on what does every line in it, to make sure it never happens again.

They wont do it they are too shadyand greedy for that. Too bad. Any normal company would have done that.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The cloner card companies should step up and offer to repair the bricked consoles since it was their fault in the first place. Of course, Gateway will have to give them the method since they cant come up with a method of their own (just like the launchers they released to brick the consoles.

GW is not gonna help them in any way, that's for sure.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i guess.

They started with a cart that could barely load and save game progresss to the SD, it's logical that they would just grab a DS flashcard and put it in the packet. As you can see in their site, they never advertise themselves with the DS flashcard as R4i does, hence the "ramble pak" support.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At this point, doing that would be the only way for them to save face and save their reputations.

But then again... Do they really have a fix? They said fix or replace... If they had a way to fix the damage caused by the bricking, then they wouldn't need to replace anything. With how thorough their brick was, if it was fixable then so would most other bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: