Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think they've taken THIS long to release the goddamned update and now they can't get past the 9.5 EMUnand wall.
If they had just released their shit sooner we could have all updated our emunands to 9.4 and enjoyed all the games available up to this point without worrying about finding .cia updates and other hassles. GW is terrible at releases

^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^.
I said this 2 weeks ago. I was desperately trying to warn people that I knew an update was coming that would block some things. I then suggested that they either try another WORKING product that works at 9.4 or that GW should quickly release what they had to get systems atleast to 9.4.
Of course....the 12yr olds all ganged up on me and thought I was "trolling".....Now, they cant deny the truth that is falling upon them.

But, the best is yet to come.
Hence, another warning for GW users. The next update seeks to make your GW unusable.
And, the one after that will be an update so dramatic, that ALL users will have to choose whether to have 2 systems or not. The NN3DS is the future.
Nintendo is not even making the older models anymore. This is documented fact. You guys need to understand that Nintendo is an investor run business. Not a mom and pop shop.

If you are smart, and you still want to play your backed up games on a flashcart, you will do this:

1. Purchase a Sky3DS. (why? because it is the only working solution on the latest firmware that will allow for Eshop access.)
2. Update your consoles...NOW. After 9.5, you can forget it.
3. Once your machine is updated, PATCH all of your games that need updates.
4. Download every possible thing you could want off of your account that is in the eshop.
5. Now, keep this unit as your 'backup' test unit. This unit will truly be able to play all your games without compromising your machine or your access to the eshop up to 9.5 firmware.
6. If your budget allows, pick up another console. You will need it. The next three updates are going to create an almost absolute dependance on all 3DS units having to go ONLINE to do some of the most important things necessary. This will not be fun for GW users. There will be bricked units. Children will cry.

And, if you think even for a nanosecond that any game released in the month of March will not require the latest firmware(not 9.5) to play, then you will be both mistaken and uninformed.

You have been warned.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I got "A Kappa's Trail" from Club Nintendo and when I launch it I get a black screen, did it happen to anybody else? ;_;

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think some people clearly misread their post. 9.5 isn't going to delay their N3DS release at all. Make it difficult? Sure. But not delayed:
we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.

On. Release. They never said soon or any looparoundish ways of phrasing things, they just stated that when they release support for N3DS it will not be able to support 9.5 emuNAND right off the bat. No big deal.

sebcle38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm finding an issue with one game in particular...

Press Select and load Super Smash Bros from the multirom menu.
Open the ROM menu again but press B, the ROM will be unloaded.
Open the ROM menu again and try to select and load a ROM.

It no longer appears in the cartridge slot, and no more ROMs will be loaded until the console is rebooted or the GW card is removed and re-inserted.

Can someone else please test this? If it doesn't happen, it might just be my card...

Same problem for me with new update but with all my games, each time i unload a rom with "Select" and "B", i have to re-insert the gateway to be able to launch a game or cia

iGamerNub

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this whole Gateway business. I just recently got mine and installed Ultra when it first came out (Beta 3.01? I think) and I was wondering if I had to redo the entire installation process to update it to 3.04 (does that mean I have to format the sd card and micro sd etc.?) so that emunand can support 9.5? Also to update my emunand from 9.4 to 9.5, would I simply just do the system update while in emunand? Thanks!

edit: Thanks for the quick replies :) Off to hopefully not screw up /nottechsavvy

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm pretty new to this whole Gateway business. I just recently got mine and installed Ultra when it first came out (Beta 3.01? I think) and I was wondering if I had to redo the entire installation process to update it to 3.04 (does that mean I have to format the sd card and micro sd etc.?) so that emunand can support 9.5? Also to update my emunand from 9.4 to 9.5, would I simply just do the system update while in emunand? Thanks!

Once you have emuNAND you don't need to wipe it. Just drag+drop the new launcher.dat and continue using it as usual.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Nope, you just replace the launcher.dat on the SD card with the new launcher from 3.0.4 and that's it.
And yes, you can perform a system update from the system menu in EmuNAND.

Note: If you leave the settings menu you will go back to SYSNAND. So make sure it says GW3D in the settings menu and update without leaving.

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You just have have to update the launcher.dat file on your SD and that's it. To update from 9.4 to 9.5 is exactly as you stated, do a system update while in emunand. When you enter the setting check that the versione says "GW 9.4" and then update from there without leaving the setting or it will kick you back to sysnand.

edit: LOL already answered twice

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Download the new launcher.dat and replace it with the old one. Then in emuNAND go to system settings. Be sure it says GW 9.4.0 (or whatever, just be sure it says GW) and then do a system update.

Edit: Wow, we all jumped at this question!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^.
I said this 2 weeks ago. I was desperately trying to warn people that I knew an update was coming that would block some things. I then suggested that they either try another WORKING product that works at 9.4 or that GW should quickly release what they had to get systems atleast to 9.4.
Of course....the 12yr olds all ganged up on me and thought I was "trolling".....Now, they cant deny the truth that is falling upon them.

Hence, another warning for GW users. The next update seeks to make your GW unusable.
And, the one after that will be an update so dramatic, that ALL users will have to choose whether to have 2 systems or not. The NN3DS is the future.
Nintendo is not even making the older models anymore. This is documented fact. You guys need to understand that Nintendo is an investor run business. Not a mom and pop shop.

If you are smart, and you still want to play your backed up games on a flashcart, you will do this:

1. Purchase a Sky3DS. (why? because it is the only working solution on the latest firmware that will allow for Eshop access.)
4. Download every possible thing you could want off of your account that is in the eshop.
5. Now, keep this unit as your 'backup' test unit. This unit will truly be able to play all your games without compromising your machine or your access to the eshop up to 9.5 firmware.
6. If your budget allows, pick up another console. You will need it. The next three updates are going to create an almost absolute dependance on all 3DS units having to go ONLINE to do some of the most important things necessary. This will not be fun for GW users. There will be bricked units. Children will cry.

And, if you think even for a nanosecond that any game released in the month of March will not require the latest firmware(not 9.5) to play, then you will be both mistaken and uninformed.

You have been warned.

Let's set things straight, based on whatever your were saying:

Sky3DS is entry level. Minimal steps to setup and get things going.
Limited functions, hardware level easy to block, but presently still working. (wanna be preachy? wait for FW 10.)
Designed for people who do not cross roads, as cars might kill them. (the big bang theory reference)
Also for those who live in bunkers, because meteors might kill them. (sims 3 reference)

Gateway3DS is more complicated than that.
It may need additional steps and all,
but it's functions are constantly growing, because it uses hardware + software combination of hacking.
Hardware level not so easy to block (probably), as nobody uses the cart outside of Gateway mode.
Software level not easy to block (somewhat), as the exploit is only patched when user updates the device.
Of course, emunand compatibility is easily broken, but Gateway has proved to us they can easily restore compatibility with minor updates.
Also comes with some risk, as the brick code is somewhere in the programming.
Well after all, higher risk is coupled with the potential for higher returns.
Designed or people who travel to work, knowing they may die on public transport, in order to earn their keep.
For people who take planes and travel, knowing that planes may crash anytime.
For people who don't give up when a device becomes as useful as a brick. (I mean, it can be restored)

Eshop not working? please, GW 3.0.4 just came out...
they've cracked everything, and created the brilliance called "emunand".
it might take 2 months, or 8 months (as before), or even double.
But they will crack nn3ds eventually. they want in on that market, so they will.
After that, Gateway team may stop supporting us? perhaps.
When that day comes, we will patch our games too.

Frankly in all seriousness,
people will use whatever they are comfortable with,
Just display the required information in a logical fashion, finished with a pinch of humour.
No need to shoot down their choices.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^.

You have been warned.
I honestly think you don't know what you are talking about and/or don't know anything about the exploits they are using. On top of that you give the worst advice possible ( update NOW?.......what is wrong with you?).

Gateway got out of narrower corners ( the 7.0 keys ), so this problem is going to keep them busy for a while, but i think they will solve it. I am not saying people to buy a sky or gw, they can decide which functions matters most to them.

darkrudi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone who use gw 3.0.4 tried monster hunter 4 demo? seems like when my friends play with his new update firmware with emunand the game always freeze.. can it be confirmed with others? thx for reply

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This 9.5 update was a killer for n3ds. No doubt about it.....but everyone still has all their chips on GW saying that they will get by this...they will get by that.. You have no idea what 9.6 or 10.0 has in store. I believe these updates will be rolled out very, very soon, and its going to be GAME OVER for GW on n3ds. Sad too, because if we, the public had access to it, then maybe smea could have figured out something new, who knows GW should have been more open with us.

Yes, I know Im still going to say SKY3DS will not be blocked in a future software update because I firmly believe that only a hardware update will block Sky3ds. Hypocritical? I dont think so.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This 9.5 update was a killer for n3ds. No doubt about it.....but everyone still has all their chips on GW saying that they will get by this...they will get by that.. You have no idea what 9.6 or 10.0 has in store. I believe these updates will be rolled out very, very soon, and its going to be GAME OVER for GW on n3ds. Sad too, because if we, the public had access to it, then maybe smea could have figured out something new, who knows GW should have been more open with us.

Yes, I know Im still going to say SKY3DS will not be blocked in a future software update because I firmly believe that only a hardware update will block Sky3ds. Hypocritical? I dont think so.

I highly doubt smea would do anything to benefit GW/piracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo