Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I just randomly got an " your gateway 3ds card will now be updated" anybody else got this using the new launcher? It happened when I went into gateway mode. I've been there a few times and it didn't pop up earlier. I declined though.

Tomorrow's Joe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When, where, how, mSD size model formatting. Need more details.
It happens when I press select in emunand to load the multi-ROM menu. Sometimes I don't get this error message, in which case the menu comes up but the message "There is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot" briefly disappears and then reappears on my screen after I have clicked on a game from the multi-ROM menu. The SD card is 32GB, and I think it's a generic class 4 made in Taiwan. I get this problem with both exFAT and FAT32, and I'm really confused why Gateway 2.7 would work fine but 3.0+ wouldn't. Also my Gateway passed all of its tests.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I just randomly got an " your gateway 3ds card will now be updated" anybody else got this using the new launcher? It happened when I went into gateway mode. I've been there a few times and it didn't pop up earlier. I declined though.
that happens if you hold R when booting gateway mode, it is just a way to force update the FPGA (probably if it fails for whatever reason)

Reactions: Doran754

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you seriously believe that? They just added new encryption why? Because they had nothing better to do? What do you think encryption is for? It's only purpose is an attempt to prevent piracy.
for new 3ds games. Its a simply as that.
They know that "old" 3ds games are pretty much lost to them and to minimize the effect on the "new" 3ds games they changed the encryption of those. But only those since they dont want to break the comb with the old 3ds.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens when I press select in emunand to load the multi-ROM menu. Sometimes I don't get this error message, in which case the menu comes up but the message "There is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot" briefly disappears and then reappears on my screen after I have clicked on a game from the multi-ROM menu. The SD card is 32GB, and I think it's a generic class 4 made in Taiwan. I get this problem with both exFAT and FAT32, and I'm really confused why Gateway 2.7 would work fine but 3.0+ wouldn't. Also my Gateway passed all of its tests.
Have your tried switching launcher.dat back and forth several times from 2.7 to 3.x? If not try that without removing the gateway or mSD and verify that it is the launcher.dat that is not recognizing the card. If it is truly launcher.dat then there is a bug in it that needs to be reported. However you will likely be told to use a different mSD card. Do you have a class 10 of any size you can put some roms on and test?

c4655362

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^.
I said this 2 weeks ago. I was desperately trying to warn people that I knew an update was coming that would block some things. I then suggested that they either try another WORKING product that works at 9.4 or that GW should quickly release what they had to get systems atleast to 9.4.
Of course....the 12yr olds all ganged up on me and thought I was "trolling".....Now, they cant deny the truth that is falling upon them.

But, the best is yet to come.
Hence, another warning for GW users. The next update seeks to make your GW unusable.
And, the one after that will be an update so dramatic, that ALL users will have to choose whether to have 2 systems or not. The NN3DS is the future.
Nintendo is not even making the older models anymore. This is documented fact. You guys need to understand that Nintendo is an investor run business. Not a mom and pop shop.

If you are smart, and you still want to play your backed up games on a flashcart, you will do this:

1. Purchase a Sky3DS. (why? because it is the only working solution on the latest firmware that will allow for Eshop access.)
2. Update your consoles...NOW. After 9.5, you can forget it.
3. Once your machine is updated, PATCH all of your games that need updates.
4. Download every possible thing you could want off of your account that is in the eshop.
5. Now, keep this unit as your 'backup' test unit. This unit will truly be able to play all your games without compromising your machine or your access to the eshop up to 9.5 firmware.
6. If your budget allows, pick up another console. You will need it. The next three updates are going to create an almost absolute dependance on all 3DS units having to go ONLINE to do some of the most important things necessary. This will not be fun for GW users. There will be bricked units. Children will cry.

And, if you think even for a nanosecond that any game released in the month of March will not require the latest firmware(not 9.5) to play, then you will be both mistaken and uninformed.

You have been warned.

Stop posting this on 4chan https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/282060781#p282060781 and bumping it with replies to yourself

Reactions: guitarheroknight

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^.
I said this 2 weeks ago. I was desperately trying to warn people that I knew an update was coming that would block some things. I then suggested that they either try another WORKING product that works at 9.4 or that GW should quickly release what they had to get systems atleast to 9.4.
Of course....the 12yr olds all ganged up on me and thought I was "trolling".....Now, they cant deny the truth that is falling upon them.

But, the best is yet to come.
Hence, another warning for GW users. The next update seeks to make your GW unusable.
And, the one after that will be an update so dramatic, that ALL users will have to choose whether to have 2 systems or not. The NN3DS is the future.
Nintendo is not even making the older models anymore. This is documented fact. You guys need to understand that Nintendo is an investor run business. Not a mom and pop shop.

If you are smart, and you still want to play your backed up games on a flashcart, you will do this:

1. Purchase a Sky3DS. (why? because it is the only working solution on the latest firmware that will allow for Eshop access.)
2. Update your consoles...NOW. After 9.5, you can forget it.
3. Once your machine is updated, PATCH all of your games that need updates.
4. Download every possible thing you could want off of your account that is in the eshop.
5. Now, keep this unit as your 'backup' test unit. This unit will truly be able to play all your games without compromising your machine or your access to the eshop up to 9.5 firmware.
6. If your budget allows, pick up another console. You will need it. The next three updates are going to create an almost absolute dependance on all 3DS units having to go ONLINE to do some of the most important things necessary. This will not be fun for GW users. There will be bricked units. Children will cry.

And, if you think even for a nanosecond that any game released in the month of March will not require the latest firmware(not 9.5) to play, then you will be both mistaken and uninformed.

You have been warned.

What other method is there to back up your cards if GW is out of your equation?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GW isnt for piracy, "allegedly"
an argument often used by GW defenders is that it's not for piracy (which to some ppl is bad). GW is used for backing up roms and doing homebrew. It's just a complete coincidence that lots of ppl use GW for piracy, but of course that's not GW team's fault.
I don't know which people you hang out with, but I haven't seen many people here say that the GW isn't used for piracy. Most people here know full well that Gateway is used for piracy, and you claiming otherwise is just delusional.
It's just that Gateway CAN be used for other things than piracy whereas Sky3DS can't, to my knowledge.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who think GW was NOT originally designed for piracy are full of crap. Just look back to what it could only do?....play roms it just evolved into so much more.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People who think GW was NOT originally designed for piracy are full of crap. Just look back to what it could only do?....play roms it just evolved into so much more.

hehe.... personally I believe GW IS used for piracy.... it's just that sometimes I get harassed by hippies for saying this

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK, I think we can settle on the idea that Gateway was specifically designed for piracy, case closed. I will say though, when it first came out I had no reason to like it (just like I have no reason to like sky3DS now), because it was strictly a piracy cart. Now, however, it had enough features in it like the ability to make backups, .cia support for homebrew, and region free that it was worth it for me to get one. I actually really enjoy having homebrew from the system interface, and I actually managed to decrypt a ROM from a cart dump (Alpha Sapphire) to it's individual resources. Very cool stuff. I never, ever would have imported a normal N3DS from Australia if it weren't for region free, and while it was admittedly a bit foolish to jump on it so early, I have enough confidence that Gateway will release N3DS support eventually. Plus with the faceplate N3DS never coming to America, being able to use that region free is just icing on the cake for me.

hehe.... personally I believe GW IS used for piracy.... it's just that sometimes I get harassed by hippies for saying this
It's definitely for piracy. However, that doesn't mean that everyone buys a Gateway to use it for piracy.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats because thats what it started out as, you can't deny its true intent to play backup roms. Everything else was a plus, ONE DAMN GOOD PLUS.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it pisses me off