Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
an argument often used by GW defenders is that it's not for piracy (which to some ppl is bad). GW is used for backing up roms and doing homebrew. It's just a complete coincidence that lots of ppl use GW for piracy, but of course that's not GW team's fault.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
an argument often used by GW defenders is that it's not for piracy (which to some ppl is bad). GW is used for backing up roms and doing homebrew. It's just a complete coincidence that lots of ppl use GW for piracy, but of course that's not GW team's fault.

Initially, GW didn't support backing ROMs up, only playing a single ROM per SD card. It's pretty clear that it was meant for piracy. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people use it for emuNAND, but it'd just be ignorant and naive to say that it wasn't meant for piracy.

sebcle38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did anyone who use gw 3.0.4 tried monster hunter 4 demo? seems like when my friends play with his new update firmware with emunand the game always freeze.. can it be confirmed with others? thx for reply
I have tried offline: killed the great jaggi and no freeze for me ^^ !

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This 9.5 update was a killer for n3ds. No doubt about it.....but everyone still has all their chips on GW saying that they will get by this...they will get by that.. You have no idea what 9.6 or 10.0 has in store. I believe these updates will be rolled out very, very soon, and its going to be GAME OVER for GW on n3ds. Sad too, because if we, the public had access to it, then maybe smea could have figured out something new, who knows GW should have been more open with us.

Yes, I know Im still going to say SKY3DS will not be blocked in a future software update because I firmly believe that only a hardware update will block Sky3ds. Hypocritical? I dont think so.
It's not hypocritical, it's just stupid. There's nothing included in 9.5 that was intended to stop Gateway, and thus it won't stop Gateway. Nintendo has had all this time to try and do that. Years. Yet they haven't, because they can't or it's not worth the instability it would bring to an official firmware update.

To predict the future, you have to look to the past. Neither Gateway nor Sky3DS is going anywhere any time soon. If anything, we'll see more clones and original flash carts being released in addition to these.

secto15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone who use gw 3.0.4 tried monster hunter 4 demo? seems like when my friends play with his new update firmware with emunand the game always freeze.. can it be confirmed with others? thx for reply

playing fine with .3dz of MH4U demo on 9.5.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This 9.5 update was a killer for n3ds. No doubt about it.....but everyone still has all their chips on GW saying that they will get by this...they will get by that.. You have no idea what 9.6 or 10.0 has in store. I believe these updates will be rolled out very, very soon, and its going to be GAME OVER for GW on n3ds. Sad too, because if we, the public had access to it, then maybe smea could have figured out something new, who knows GW should have been more open with us.

Yes, I know Im still going to say SKY3DS will not be blocked in a future software update because I firmly believe that only a hardware update will block Sky3ds. Hypocritical? I dont think so.

Of course we don't, which is why instead of me sitting here trying to point out everyones mistake on wanting in on some homebrew I always say get what works for you.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hypocritical, it's just stupid. There's nothing included in 9.5 that was intended to stop Gateway, and thus it won't stop Gateway. Nintendo has had all this time to try and do that. Years. Yet they haven't, because they can't or it's not worth the instability it would bring to an official firmware update.

To predict the future, you have to look to the past. Neither Gateway nor Sky3DS is going anywhere any time soon. If anything, we'll see more clones and original flash carts being released in addition to these.
Do you seriously believe that? They just added new encryption why? Because they had nothing better to do? What do you think encryption is for? It's only purpose is an attempt to prevent piracy.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You might want to check the revision history on the 9.5.0-22 page. It seems that 9.5 isn't as killer as it originally seemed to be, or at least it isn't to yellows8. Now to see if Gateway will figure it out quickly enough to include it with their N3DS release.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it wasn't for piracy why people buying Aus N3ds don't buy game while waiting for their "regionfree" gw :)

Because importing stuff is expensive as fak, and some games need updates to play online or locally so it's almost useless without .cia assistance. I'm tempted to import a copy of Cubic Ninja though, although PAL copies are ridiculously overpriced.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you seriously believe that? They just added new encryption why? Because they had nothing better to do? What do you think encryption is for? It's only purpose is an attempt to prevent piracy.
It's the weakest possible method to stop piracy. And it wasn't added to 9.5 for the 3DS/XL. So if that's Nintendo's best shot at killing Gateway, there are no worries for the future.

Less waiting, if you factor in the waiting which probably would have occurred if they had to find the new keys for decrypting the ARM9 kernel. Depends on how you look at it I guess.
Well we already knew that. Gateway just hasn't had any time to review 9.5 in detail yet. They're busy trying to get N3DS support out, and that means focusing on 8.1 - 9.2.

Well, if I'm really now on CFW, it's quite unstable........ Always crashes, and if it doesn't the Wi-Fi doesn't work at all, disabling me to be able to install dev menu.......... Will update tomorrow. Gotta sleep. Suggestions are welcome though...... :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7