Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I doubt 9.5 has a new key. I think it's just that the n3DS has additional encryption for Arm9 and that n3DS version of the 9.5 update changes that key or adds encryption to certain things used by Arm9 (and Gateway doesn't have a way of patching that yet). I noticed they didn't specifically say emunand wouldn't work on n3DS. Just emunand on 9.5. So if you have a 9.0/9.2 n3DS or one on 8.1, emunand would still work. You just can't update emunand to 9.5 right now.

It's kinda like the 7.x key situation. It hasn't gotten to the point of that yet but Nintendo can do that if they wish.
If GW want to get a decrypted version of 9.5 arm9 firm for patches they'll have to figure out a way to get around this.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Home :), time to make a win32 disk image of my 3DS SD and store that away, then update emunand to 9.5 :)

Already updated my N3DS to 9.5 (it's my system to play legit games and go online/eshop)
My 3DS XL i keep on 9.4, you never know what will come around the corner in the future :) for 9.4 people with already a Gateway ;)
Just wondering if i'll update the 2DS of my kids to 9.5 or stay on 9.4 with Sky3DS (see line above to)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why is it so DIFFICULT for people to wait? Huh?

Well, it sure seems like people loses their minds when they are told to wait some time.
Why is it that everyone seems so... desperate to get things when they want it?

I can sure tell that the more the years pass by, the more people get more impatient in a general perspective.
I have already set my mind on buying the N3DS, right at the 13th I will go get my pre-ordered N3DS after work, even if it still doesn't have GW support.

Why? Because unlike you, desperate spoiled kids, I can wait.

First of all, it's not like I won't be able to play the damn console.
You have quite a plenty selection of games to choose from and play them without being online or having the latest firmware.
For all we know, even Majora's Mask will be at like 9.2, 9.3 tops, and you might be able to update emuNAND to 9.X using this game.
Online play is just a luxury, remember that. You can enjoy the game completely without having to go online the first way through.

ORAS for example, is one game in which you don't even stand a chance of surviving one online match before you get quite a decent team, which I say the opportunity opens up at like the 7th gym or even after the Elite Four.

Sure the only letdown to this might be that you won't be able to transfer your old 3DS stuff into the N3DS for while, but again...
It's not like you won't be able to play it... Isn't it?

So stop being such whiny brats and enjoy what is given to you.
Enjoy what you have, and simply enjoy it while the wait goes by, easy as that.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so DIFFICULT for people to wait? Huh?

Well, it sure seems like people loses their minds when they are told to wait some time.
Why is it that everyone seems so... desperate to get things when they want it?

I can sure tell that the more the years pass by, the more people get more impatient in a general perspective.
I have already set my mind on buying the N3DS, right at the 13th I will go get my pre-ordered N3DS after work, even if it still doesn't have GW support.

Why? Because unlike you, desperate spoiled kids, I can wait.

First of all, it's not like I won't be able to play the damn console.
You have quite a plenty selection of games to choose from and play them without being online or having the latest firmware.
For all we know, even Majora's Mask will be at like 9.2, 9.3 tops, and you might be able to update emuNAND to 9.X using this game.
Online play is just a luxury, remember that. You can enjoy the game completely without having to go online the first way through.

ORAS for example, is one game in which you don't even stand a chance of surviving one online match before you get quite a decent team, which I say the opportunity opens up at like the 7th gym or even after the Elite Four.

Sure the only letdown to this might be that you won't be able to transfer your old 3DS stuff into the N3DS for while, but again...
It's not like you won't be able to play it... Isn't it?

So stop being such whiny brats and enjoy what is given to you.
Enjoy what you have, and simply enjoy it while the wait goes by, easy as that.

Not everyone is like you and me....

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm finding an issue with one game in particular...

Press Select and load Super Smash Bros from the multirom menu.
Open the ROM menu again but press B, the ROM will be unloaded.
Open the ROM menu again and try to select and load a ROM.

It no longer appears in the cartridge slot, and no more ROMs will be loaded until the console is rebooted or the GW card is removed and re-inserted.

Can someone else please test this? If it doesn't happen, it might just be my card...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Latest beta 3.0.4 has a bug.

Press Select and load a ROM from the multirom menu.
Open the ROM menu again but press B, the ROM will be unloaded.
Open the ROM menu again and try to select and load a ROM.

It will not appear in the cartridge slot, and no more ROMs will be loaded until the console is rebooted or the GW card is removed and re-inserted.

3DS Sysnand 4.5 / Emunand 9.5 / Gateway Ultra 3.0.4
Don't have that problem, works fine here.

Reactions: Searinox

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
3DS Sysnand 4.5 / Emunand 9.5 / Gateway Ultra 3.0.4
Don't have that problem, works fine here.
Odd. It only seems to happen when the unloaded ROM is Super Smash Bros... do you have the game to test this? If it doesn't it might just be my card.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw this one coming. We were talking about it last night on #3dsdev, interesting that we at least got to see a status update on this. Doesn't bother me too much though since I'm just going to be using my old 3DS as a host to buy games from the eShop and then I'll dump and install the .cias onto my 3DS. So I'll be fine for a while. Unless any of the new firmwares actually add features like Amiibo (I think this is in though), in that case I'd be kinda disappointed.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I had this randomly occur to be once on 9.4 emunand (before the 9.5 update was released). I was switching from a couple Pokemon Omega Ruby roms and suddenly it wouldn't show the selected rom in the home menu anymore. Just rebooted and it worked fine after that. Didn't seem to be a recurring issue, I wasn't too concerned about it. :P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah basically they will need to stick it out on whatever version there n3ds came with. Gonna suck but heh....its coming.
Well, no. They said emuNAND 9.5 and higher won't work. So you just update emuNAND to 9.4 and everything still works, including online. Only thing you won't be able to do is download eShop updates for games, but you can get those in the form of .CIA files.

Majora's Mask is going to be like 9.2 at highest. I'd guess 9.0.

Reactions: Kelton2

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Should I separate the Nands before updating emuNand? (My nands are still linked I think because i never did the "format" thing because i didnt understand a step in a tutorial )

Or i can just update emunand without separating the Nands?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
A little trick for Gateway users who also have a Sky3DS and have difficulties (to lazy to search) finding cia files for there game updates!

If you have a game on your 3ds (installed as cia or starting from Gateway multirom) that asks for an update (i'll take as example Super Smash Bros)
If you are unable to find the cia game update, then you can always write the game with diskwriter to your Sky3DS, boot your 3ds in gateway menu and start classic mode (not tested in gateway mode)
Make sure WiFi is on, Pop in your sky3ds and switch to the game, you will see the scrolling about a game update, press (A) and then press (Y), Now the Nintendo ID thing will show and the updates start to download and install

IF you run the game now from cia or multirom it will not ask for an update again

I know it's a stupid trick and you need a sky3ds (or original cart) but i was to lazy to search for the super smash bros cia game update, i wouldn't even know where to start as i dumped my own games and made cia's from them.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you just update emuNAND to 9.4 and everything still works, including online.

How can you update it to 9.4? Updating it updates it to whatever version Nintendo sends you, and that's at least 9.5. You can only "update it to 9.4" if you did so sometime in the past before 9.5 as the newest version.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I separate the Nands before updating emuNand? (My nands are still linked I think because i never did the "format" thing because i didnt understand a step in a tutorial )

Or i can just update emunand without separating the Nands?
You can update emunand without unlinking. Should is a personal decision.

You should make sure you have backed everything up before updating.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How can you update it to 9.4? Updating it updates it to whatever version Nintendo sends you, and that's at least 9.5. You can only "update it to 9.4" if you did so sometime in the past before 9.5 as the newest version.
People have dumped firmware updates. It's possible to update using those or retail carts/ROMs. It doesn't really matter, though, same thing applies to all firmwares 9.0 - 9.4, there are no real feature changes and you'll have full functionality on any of those firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte