Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I sent this mail to them:

And they responded:

What do they mean the current gateway is compatible with my 2ds? If I get a gateway today I'll be able to play backups on my 2DS on the spot?

Maybe they didn't understand the question, but I already bought a GW from yeahgeek, so let's wait and see in a couple of months if it will work/update on my 2ds.

They already stated in an email, that you don't need another 4.5 device to update the gateway. So you will be able to update the gateways on the market yourself, we simply don't know how.

emas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just got this reply from the GW-Team:
Unfortunately, we can't me more precise than 'soon' right now. We don't want to
give a date and not respect it.
But we are almost done, the wait won't be long.

mailto:[email protected]

--

> Hi,
> I would like to know if there's an ETA you could provide me with? Nothing
> specific, anything like "We expect to have it in November (or December)" would be fine.
>
> Thanks in advance

Reactions: Danjal

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seriously, the Support dude, who answers the E-Mails over at Gateway must be pretty pissed at the moment^^ Probably gets the same questions over and over and over again, multiple times an hour :D

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The guy I bought my original 1st Gateway card off on ebay.co.uk I bet is really kicking himself right now knowing this breakthrough news! He sold it to me for just £25.00, he paid Teensy.co.uk about £65.00+P&P, he wanted a very quick sale because he could not use it on his 3DS cause he was on 6.xFW and wanted the money. "Damn :angry: "

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't see why people are harrassing GW support... it won't change anything
No one is harassing anybody. The reason he might be pissed (might? Who am I kidding lol) is due to the constant flurry of nearly equal e-mails GW Support must receive every.single.day. And they must respond to them ASAP (because that's good costumer service) without fliping out.

Everyone's going bonkers about this subject. It's a really BIG thing. Bringing 9.x support was (until Sky3DS dropped in) nearly unthinkable as 5.x , 6.x , 7.x and 8.x passed by without one teensy bit of news.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
They'd cut down on their email intake massively if they just publicly answered some of the big questions, primarily whether homebrew or emuNAND will be supported.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
They'd cut down on their email intake massively if they just publicly answered some of the big questions, primarily whether homebrew or emuNAND will be supported.

I have a feeling that's exactly what they're working on at the moment. That's why they refrain from commenting on features and whatever. Though they could make a bigger FAQ to those who keep spamming e-mails.

Chances are though, the e-mails will still pour in. It's just how it works.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A lot of people sending them messages means one thing and one thing alone.

There are a lot of people who are interested in their card...
Meaning that as 'annoying' as it may appear. Its actually a pretty good indicator for them to measure public interest.

As Phantom_User points out, the emails would come in regardless. Thats how people work.
They don't read through things to find their information - they just email or post their questions and let others do the work for them.
(You may have noticed the countless repeats of questions on here?)

Anyway, answering these messages is 'their job' - and yes, customer service can be ridiculously annoying like that.
Infact, they're having it good right now. Shit is gonna explode AFTER they release information and then go nuclear once they actually release their card-update.
With people asking questions, wanting to know more and trying to fix the mistakes they made after screwing up their update process.

Reactions: Phantom_User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol