Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What about a DS/DSi rom that could use QR or something similar to install a new exploit(doesn't have to be kernel) for gateway to work on the 9.2?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
#mylifesuckssohard.

Kidding, of course. I'm just speaking in tone with my inner bratty self. It'd be interesting to see what Gateway could pull of with Ninjhax. I'm not sure that'd go down well without "consulting" smealum first.

As far as I know I think ive read somewhere that smealum is gonna make his exploit public once its been patched but im not 100% sure about that. The only flaw in it is that ninjahax apparently does not have kernel access.

Reactions: Phantom_User

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already ordered my Gateway, so when the 2.6 release happens with 9.0 and 9.2 firmware support comes out, I don't get caught in the NOT IN STOCK or high prices shit that will go on. :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i did the same yesterday, id be pissed off trying to get one when it goes crazy and xmas deliveries get delayed etc.
Even worse if something happens like it did to another user here, that the Gateway he ordered from a reseller hasn't arrived because of the shitty blizzards going on at the USA.
Good thing I got mine from a country-internal user, since the only places where is snows is either mountains or nothern parts of the country, I do not worry, one of the pros of living in Mexico I guess.

D

Deleted-355425

Even worse if something happens like it did to another user here, that the Gateway he ordered from a reseller hasn't arrived because of the shitty blizzards going on at the USA.
Good thing I got mine from a country-internal user, since the only places where is snows is either mountains or nothern parts of the country, I do not worry, one of the pros of living in Mexico I guess.

im in the UK, we very rarely get enough snow to stop trucks, maybe once every few years it amounts to something.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im in the UK, we very rarely get enough snow to stop trucks, maybe once every few years it amounts to something.
Yeah actually I think the UK is mostly rainy instead of snowy, right?
Good thing.

Did you order your Gateway already?
I just paid for it and have to wait for the transaction to appear in the seller's account, so perhaps I'll have it here by Friday next week.

Only downside is...
I don't have a 3DS to play with.
LOL
I am waiting for the New 3DS to come out and use the Gateway with that one due to the pros of the new hardware.

D

Deleted-355425

Yeah actually I think the UK is mostly rainy instead of snowy, right?
Good thing.

Did you order your Gateway already?
I just paid for it and have to wait for the transaction to appear in the seller's account, so perhaps I'll have it here by Friday next week.

Only downside is...
I don't have a 3DS to play with.
LOL
I am waiting for the New 3DS to come out and use the Gateway with that one due to the pros of the new hardware.

mine is on the way by the looks of it.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, yay for rainy nations!
Being right across the english channel, we benefit from much the same 'luxury' - haven't seen any true snow for several years now.

Course when snow does come in those odd cases, half a foot~a foot of snow manages to completely cripple everything. "You are not prepared." XD

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
fantastic! One can only hope there is no restrictions with ROMs whatsoever. If it's one rom per SD though, fuck that.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fantastic! One can only hope there is no restrictions with ROMs whatsoever. If it's one rom per SD though, fuck that.
I'm not sure I see your problem.

You want guaranteed full feature functionality?
You get a 4.x 3DS and Gateway or similar card, its current limits and functions are well established and documented.
As they've had plenty of time to work on them and expand them.

You want a quick and easy fix for your 3DS on any firmware up to 9.2 (and potentially beyond)?
You can get SKY3DS, a card that is fully plug-and-play and runs pretty much all games without issues.
The catch being that there currently is a 10-game-limit that may or may not be removed and that the team behind it is otherwise unproven.

You don't want to be restricted by a 10-game-limit per card but still want a functional flash card on 9.x?
Looking like Gateway will be your choice, with the established reputation you can be pretty certain they'll expand on features as far as the hardware allows.
Remember that 4.x initially also had a lot less features than it does today. And if you ask me, a single game per microSD isn't that bad of a deal, get a couple 4gb cards for like $5 a piece and you're set. (And its not even certain that they WILL be single-ROM.)

So, not sure why people get all pissy about the features (or lack there of) and restrictions of each individual card.
Get it, don't get it. Make up your own mind and choose based on your own priorities.
You don't like a 10-game restriction and think its bogus? You don't get it, simply choose to wait for another alternative or get a 4.x device.
You think that single-ROM would be unacceptable if Gateway starts with just that on 9.x? You don't buy one...

Its not like someone is putting a gun to your head and forces you to get any of them...
Clearly its a commodity you want to get... So it has a certain value. The rarer the commodity, the higher the value.

Alternately you can just buy retail or eShop games and get a single game for each purchase with all its features and functions as they come out of the box.
And as an added bonus you actually support the developers (unless you buy used games from Gamestop or similar, in which case you're basicly just feeding money to a third party kinda like if you'd buy a flash card...)

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if others verified this, I haven't read the entire thread, but I contacted Gateway support and they confirmed you will be able a preexisting Gatewaycard (like one you own right now) to 9.2 mode without having access to a 4.5FW 3DS. This means you can order your Gateway now.

They didn't confirm if you'd need a dongle/extra hardware/Cubic Ninja, though.

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
I just don't fancy the idea of having to have multiple SD cards. If that's the case, I'd go with the Sky3DS. I'm not pissy about anything. Lol.

D

Deleted-355425

I just don't fancy the idea of having to have multiple SD cards. If that's the case, I'd go with the Sky3DS. I'm not pissy about anything. Lol.
Hope you don't mind being stuck with the same 10 games forever on it, that's why I won't be buying a sky3ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo