Status
Not open for further replies.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well there are some ways to update the card but thats all speculations and made up crap. There is no logical reason they said to update to 9.0 - 9.2 specifically unless theres an exploit involved.
I presume there is no need of an exploit to run unsigned code because with discovered 9.x key inscription you could run your proper signed code... :sleep:

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would be correct but the only thing thats missing is how the heck do we update the card without an exploit like before?
Guess we won't know untill someone manages to figure out the exact trick behind SKY (or this new method for Gateway).

What makes it so that they can emulate a retail cartridge in the first place without being detected?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I presume there is no need of an exploit to run unsigned code because with discovered 9.x key inscription you could run your proper signed code... :sleep:
Why the wait then? And why the 9.x exclusivity? Assuming you are correct the market should be flowing with 3DS flash cards.

Guess we won't know untill someone manages to figure out the exact trick behind SKY (or this new method for Gateway).

What makes it so that they can emulate a retail cartridge in the first place without being detected?

Time will tell :hateit:

Reactions: Danjal

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why the wait then? And why the 9.x exclusivity? Assuming you are correct the market should be flowing with 3DS flash cards.
I presume it is better to develop code under 9.x because this firmare is the latest and common to 2DS/3DS and new 3DS consoles.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I presume it is better to develop code under 9.x because this firmare is the latest and common to 2DS/3DS and new 3DS consoles.
We shall see... But im still hoping for an exploit even though your theory seems very plausible. If youre correct thats how Sky3ds works and GW could too due to its FPGA.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time coming. Gateway being able to support 9.X firmware will finally let them hit the largest market share possible.

As for how they are implementing this, people have said that it is similar to the SKY3DS exploit others have said that it has to do with an exploit with themes since Gateway requires that your console be updated to 9.X. It could be something entirely new. Gateway has usually lead innovation I have a feeling it might be better than we are expecting but it's best to keep expectations low.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, here's my 2 cents.

A few pages back, a couple'a people started complaining and speculating that Gateway weren't denying their exploit working below 9.x, they just recomended that to hit a larger pool of users and game compatibility due to a speculated no EmuNAND.

But loo' and behold, they actually did. Here's how:
We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!
Yes, this includes 2DS and New 3DS!
Anyone with at least a B1.1 English level would easily add: " [...] our support ONLY for 3DS systems [...] ".

They didn't. That's proof enough (unless they can't write english worth crap) that there WON'T BE ANY DONGLE (according to e-mails they've answered already about NO ADDITIONAL HARDWARE REQUIRED) or whatever in order to work with those exact firmwares.

Seriously, guys, speculation only works if you can fundament your arguments factually, not fundament speculation with MORE speculation. That's discourse analysis 101. As it stands, I SPECULATE that the exploit has something to do with what FW 9.x brought us.

So seriously, enough with the conspiracy theories. Yes, Gateway did really bad to implement a sh*tty brick code in the past, but that's where it is, in the past.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So seriously, enough with the conspiracy theories. Yes, Gateway did really bad to implement a sh*tty brick code in the past, but that's where it is, in the past.
Aww, so they're not planning to implement secret code that is designed to overthrow the government? I mean, all those CIA files are very suspicious~ ;p

SolidSuneku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, here's my 2 cents.

A few pages back, a couple'a people started complaining and speculating that Gateway weren't denying their exploit working below 9.x, they just recomended that to hit a larger pool of users and game compatibility due to a speculated no EmuNAND.

But loo' and behold, they actually did. Here's how:Anyone with at least a B1.1 English level would easily add: " [...] our support ONLY for 3DS systems [...] ".

They didn't. That's proof enough (unless they can't write english worth crap) that there WON'T BE ANY DONGLE (according to e-mails they've answered already about NO ADDITIONAL HARDWARE REQUIRED) or whatever in order to work with those exact firmwares.

Seriously, guys, speculation only works if you can fundament your arguments factually, not fundament speculation with MORE speculation. That's discourse analysis 101. As it stands, I SPECULATE that the exploit has something to do with what FW 9.x brought us.

I was facepalming the whole time while reading this thread until I read this post, I couldn't have said this better my self.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck Sky3DS. Buy a Gateway.

Support the innovators, not the limitators!
You realize Sky3DS offered 9.x support first, right? So in this scenario, Gateway is the imitator, scared of losing customers, and trying to push out the same firmware support so that the rather large chunk of people above 4.5 don't just buy a Sky3DS.

Reactions: cvskid

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You realize Sky3DS offered 9.x support first, right? So in this scenario, Gateway is the imitator, scared of losing customers, and trying to push out the same firmware support so that the rather large chunk of people above 4.5 don't just buy a Sky3DS.
Lol I know that. I just wanted an excuse to post a parody of Gateway's slogan :)

Reactions: gamesquest1

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Learn to read...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you do realise he said Limitators....not imitators......funny play on words :lol:

plus nobody really knows how gateways 9.x support will work, while i agree its probably going down the cart emulation route....you never know :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If they do end up doing the card emulation thing what are the chances were gonna see a multirom menu via Ninjahax if thats even possible?
thats what im thinking they will do.....not sure if its possible, but i would imagine it could just default to cubic ninja, and then use ssspwn (or a gateway made alternative based on it) to load up their features which allows changing the game via a list and region free/homebrew....pretty much adding the majority of features 4.x users have, but missing iut the major ones like eshop dumps/cia installing and emunand, but still a fairly good amount of features for 9.x users

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
but missing iut the major ones like eshop dumps/cia installing and emunand, but still a fairly good amount of features for 9.x users

#mylifesuckssohard.

Kidding, of course. I'm just speaking in tone with my inner bratty self. It'd be interesting to see what Gateway could pull of with Ninjhax. I'm not sure that'd go down well without "consulting" smealum first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: