Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They had this update under wraps for a long time, but for commercial reasons they are forced to release out now ! the benefits of GATEWAY will be exceeded otherwise.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, incredible news from Gateway again! I shall be stopping my 3DSXL on Firmware 4.3.0 to be safe but my 3DS I will update it to test, cannot wait! Well done Gateway, once again you really do come through for your loyal custom base I cannot thank you enough for your support. :)

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway just update the news on official site

We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!
Yes, this includes 2DS and New 3DS!
Yes, you heard us right! If you have a 3DS, or a 2DS or a New 3DS system that is running System
Firmware 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 then you WILL be able to use it with Gateway 3DS!
We recommend the following to our interested users:
- If you are on native System Firmare 4.5, then please stay at this version.
- If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.
But we also need help from YOU our loyal users!
We need you to get the word out to your community, friends and family that they must not update their 3DS beyond the version we recommended above!
We cannot guarantee that our solution will keep working with future updates above 9.2.0-20!

Looks like it's time to order one of the new 3DSLLs

Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like it's time to order one of the new 3DSLLs

Yes yes yes I totally agree with you what not a better time to do it than now but there not available yet here in the UK, damn the UK, I would of ordered one rite this minute on Amazon.co.uk if they were! By the time there available here in the UK I bet they will be updated on release and the GW card won't work, damn again! :(

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Mrbaghead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware does fhe new 3DS come with? i'm planning to get an australian one when it comes out.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yes yes yes I totally agree with you what not a better time to do it than now but there not available yet here in the UK, damn the UK, I would of ordered one rite this minute on Amazon.co.uk if they were! :(

Just import the Australian one. It'll be -E region (PAL) anyways.

What firmware does fhe new 3DS come with? i'm planning to get an australian one when it comes out.

Presumably 9.2.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, I do think they already reversed the exploit Sky3DS and pals are using, but it's not like they are going to blindly copy all of the cart's functions. Unlike the earlier 3DS flashcards clones, they know what they are doing and you can be sure that they are not going to copy the whole thing with the limit of X number of games.

And unlike the PR of the 9.X flashcards, they are actually informing you that said exploit was actually introduced in 9.0 and won't work on earlier firmwares (and is likely to be patched soon).

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes I can order one now for the 21st this month or wait until January 2015 for the UK one which could be risky cause if Nintendo know that the GW card will work on 9.x they will slip an update in before the UK release, I'm betting my granny on it!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
365games.co.uk have the aus units for pre-order as well. A little more expensive than play-asia, but they are UK, so no chance of being hit with import duty.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
365games.co.uk have the aus units for pre-order as well. A little more expensive than play-asia, but they are UK, so no chance of being hit with import duty.

Cannot get on the website at the moment just keeps loading I'm going for the play asia site now.

Edit: sorry my bad it works there on there pre order @£169 for a black one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool