Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emailed gateway for them to hopefully clarify on why we should stay on 4.5 instead of upgrading to 9.2 when it comes out and what features will or will not be there.

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it really possible to update 3DS and stay exactly in one of the versions 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20?

I mean, let's suppose that next month Nintendo release update 9.3.x that breaks flashcard compatibility from Gateway and Sky3DS per se. Assuming this, when you update your 3DS, won't Nintendo automatically put your portable directly to the latest version (9.3.x, in this hypothetical case)? Or is the user able to choose which version to stay, when he update the 3DS?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't rush out to get a N3DS just yet. Best to wait and see if there's emunand support for the 9.2

M8 I'm rushing my tits off!, right now as I write this! :wacko: No tbh I want one anyway, GW card or no GW card, it does not matter really but obviously would be nice! :)

Edit: also I sense a new mario game being made for the new 3dsxl and other great games to boot, with more power to the 3DS I would imagine it probably stacks up now side by side against the Gamecube that the original 3DS lacked a little behind. Luigis Mansion 2 never looked a good as the Gamecube port in my opinion. :(

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it really possible to update 3DS and stay exactly in one of the versions 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20?

I mean, let's suppose that next month Nintendo release update 9.3.x that breaks flashcard compatibility from Gateway and Sky3DS per se. Assuming this, when you update your 3DS, won't Nintendo automatically put your portable directly to the latest version (9.3.x, in this hypothetical case)? Or is the user able to choose which version to stay, when he update the 3DS?

you always update to the most recent version, that's why gateway team is suggesting to update NOW, while there is no new update available and if someone reads the message after a new update is released, but he currently already is on 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20, then they suggest not to update, that's why they mentioned the different version numbers
(of course only, if you are already beyond 4.5. if you are on 4.1-4.5, then do not update)

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi !
Just wanted to ask, I have a gateway I use on my 3DS XL which is on 4.5.
I have a 3DS on 9.2.0, is it possible to use the same gateway with two different system ?

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi !
I have a 3DS on 9.2.0, is it possible to use the same gateway with two different system ?

Yes... however, there isn't any physical confirmation.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi !

you can use the same gateway card on multiple systems, but game saves are stored on the 3DS internal SD card, so you might have to do some copying, if you intend to frequently change systems (except for games, that use NAND based saving, those store the save INSIDE the rom file in the gateway micro sd card)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I know, right!

YES!

let me grab some popcorn and shit back and watch the drama unfold.

popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: Margen67

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi !

To be honest, we don't even know this update will work. There's a chance that this may not be possible, there's a chance that you may have to only use different MicroSD cards, as you may be forced to change between multirom and the weird system of Sky3DS OR the burned single rom like the days of GW 1.0... and also there's the very unlikely chance that they will support the same multirom for 9.2.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can use the same gateway card on multiple systems, but game saves are stored on the 3DS internal SD card, so you might have to do some copying, if you intend to frequently change systems (except for games, that use NAND based saving, those store the save INSIDE the rom file in the gateway micro sd card)
thats assuming they dont switch to storing saves to the micro SD, they did say they where revising the save system a while back....plus then there is the whole fake 6.x save encryption vs real 6.x save encryption that would cause issues unless they fix 6.x save encryption for 4.x consoles too

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems the gateway team had to get off their asses in order to stay relevant. As for Sky3DS, they will either have to take away the 10 game limit or greatly reduce the price of their card. So what will be the next move......:tpi:

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thats assuming they dont switch to storing saves to the micro SD, they did say they where revising the save system a while back....plus then there is the whole fake 6.x save encryption vs real 6.x save encryption that would cause issues unless they fix 6.x save encryption for 4.x consoles too

yeah, I was actually answering the question as to how it is right now, not how it might be in future ^_^
but yes, it should be noted, that they are planning to revise the save system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo