Not open for further replies.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Interesting. What's the latest Japanese firmware? I'm currently on 8.1.0-19J and don't want to update blindly. From a quick google search it seems it might be 9.2.0-20J which was released on October 30th. Can anyone confirm?

all the firmwares are basically the same, japan is not special etc, it's 9.2.0 yeah

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I found strange: They sa we should update to 9.00 if we are on 5.0.0 or above, but the sky 3ds works at all firmwares.
So Gateway probaply brings out an new Exploit!

Reactions: cvskid

Nagato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the firmwares are basically the same, japan is not special etc, it's 9.2.0 yeah

Occasionally there's the odd Japanese-specific firmware update like 9.1.0-20 so I just wanted to make sure before I updated. Thanks, I guess I'll go ahead and update now then. Here's to hoping that the Gateway 9.0+ solution offers similar functionality to 4.5 users (being able to repack ROMs and run homebrew and so on). I'd love to start messing around with fan translations on the 3DS already.

Edit: Update finished blah blah blah. Just a final confirmation for any Japanese 3DS users: As of November 14th, 2014 at 7am EST I was able to update to 9.2.0-20J.

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

But we also need help from YOU our loyal users!
We need you to get the word out to your community, friends and family that they must not update their 3DS beyond the version we recommended above!
We cannot guarantee that our solution will keep working with future updates above 9.2.0-20!

Maybe this should be frontpage'd ? Alot of users will otherwise not see it and keep updating beyond 9.2.0-20 and miss their chance to use Gateway 3DS...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im guessing it will be the same deal as sky3ds, and if it is....they say they can't guarantee it will work past 9.2, so maybe gateway knows more about how sky3ds works and we can now assume that nintendo will be blocking sky3ds soon

D

Deleted User

Perhaps its time for me to buy another gateway.
Just sold mine in the last 2 months.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Interesting. What's the latest Japanese firmware? I'm currently on 8.1.0-19J and don't want to update blindly. From a quick google search it seems it might be 9.2.0-20J which was released on October 30th. Can anyone confirm?

Just updated... I'm on 9.2.0-20U now, so it's safe.

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just updated... I'm on 9.2.0-20U now, so it's safe.
We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!
Think so yeah.

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to wonder if they also update the Blue Gateway card, or maybe we won't need this for the 9.x solution?

D

Deleted-355425

What retail game will let you upgrade to the specific firmware? Just for knowledge :)

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that it will allow for at least devmenu and cia install support. With ftPONY I can transfer my game saves to and from my 2 different 3dses without having to swap sd cards.

OscarRamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I sure hope that we can load much more roms at a time rather than 10 and that's it. I can't complain however if it is 1 game per micro sd card lol.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this sees a release before Nintendo conveniently put out a new firmware revision.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I found strange: They sa we should update to 9.00 if we are on 5.0.0 or above, but the sky 3ds works at all firmwares.
So Gateway probaply brings out an new Exploit!

Learn to read...
The Sky3DS and it's copies do only work on 9.X.

Maybe GW and Sky3DS use the same exploit, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk