Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gateway-3ds-newsupdate.jpg

The Gateway 3DS team has issued an announcement that their region-free and firmware spoofing update is now in the hands of beta testers. It should be a short hop and a skip until it is publicly released, yet no official release date has been made. They have also released the Mac OS 3DS SD Imager tool, in response to users who were unable to find a suitable imaging tool for their Apple computer. If you test out the tool, please report your findings and let us know how it works.

Those of you patiently awaiting Devin's Gateway 3DS review will be happy to hear that it is nearing completion. With any luck the review should be posted within the next few days!

:download: Mac OS 3DS SD Imager Tool Off-site Download

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in talks to get a red 3DS (4.3) with no pen. It comes with a charger, KH: Dream drop distance, a pokemon game and a mario game installed on the SD (could be 3D land idk) all for $70. I'm waiting for the guy to respond.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for 5.1+ firmware. We wouldn't want to exclude prospective customers who accidentally updated shortly before the announcement ;)

I have no doubts they will pull it off, they've done the impossible :P

Awesome updates.

Would love to get one, but my 3DS is already at 6.1.

We need to believe, I want a Gateway, I really do, but if they don't update, they will alienate potential users. Just saying. :P All we can do is wait.

It's been confirmed they're working on it, and I want to believe it will work, and I ensured that my 3DS will never update again.

So my 3DS is no longer connected not that it'll do any good as I neither have the card, aren't a beta tester, nor do I have a 3DS with 4.5 firmware. :creep:

Damn accidental update I made. 5.1+ firmware support will make me get it. Still crazy progress :P

Reactions: ßleck and signz

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untrimmed: 1GB
Trimmed: 875MB

Game boots up, loads my save, and plays just fine. Looks like my first rom trim test with NSMB2 failed for some other reason.

Lol that just makes me want to jump on my bed for some reason. Try putting say a US region Mario game in, save it and then load up the same game but a different region like EUR and see if it still works.

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Untrimmed: 1GB
Trimmed: 875MB

Game boots up, loads my save, and plays just fine. Looks like my first rom trim test with NSMB2 failed for some other reason.

What tool did you use ? Using 3dsguy's tool, I don't even get the rom to show up (tested with resident evil revelations and metal gear solid 3).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.