Gateway 3DS, News and Information

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, they need a new exploit in the system, but there is no exploit. If they really got their exploit from yellows8 and neimod, then they are not skilled enough to find onother exploit.

Oh, and the exploit runs on the ARM9 core ftw.

M3-Cheater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But why should neimod or yellows8 give an kernel exploit (!) to an anonymous (?) person or flashcart team? That doesn't make sense.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
At least the resellers cover their own asses :)

The Gateway 3DS is currently designed to work with up to 4.5 firmware at launch. The letter at the end is just the region (u, e, a, j, etc). This is not an official product, and it might not be possible for the Gateway team to overcome higher firmware versions then the one listed here.We do not sell the device claiming that it will work with any firmware above 4.5 and any future firmwares to come out.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
My wish would be for the blue cart to upgrade the 3ds to 4.5 from any previous version but it looks like I'm going to need to find a updated game.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Rydian why do you keep posting at all in regards to this? Your posts are always just your own incorrect assumptions based on nothing. It's probably giving a misleading impression to readers (and most people come here first for this info) when high postcount members are just making shit up. Of course they are running code on the 3DS itself. It's irrelevant anyway because there's no reason to let anyone else do it when they have a propitiatory flashcard..

Some of you are being a bit naive about homebrew/piracy link.. however even if they were involved, you do realize there is more coders out there than yellows8/neimod that are capable of this? Not sure why anyone is for some reason assuming this team is incompetent just because they (obviously!) don't post progress or technical details. There's always a lot more devs talking/working on things together behind the scenes, just keep that in mind.

To some guy a few pages ago, I had a similar thought about the possibility that the blue card is breaking out of the DS mode as it's exploit. But it seems a bit coincidental that it's 4.5 it works on? And to be honest you'd think that route would have been explored entirely long ago if it was possible or not. Maybe it does something weird in switching DS/3DS mode but it seems like savegame is involved somewhere. .

And as someone else said, i also think you run the blue card once and it stays in memory, so it doesn't need to modify filesystem.. and maybe it's intentional or not; but it makes it harder to for potential clones of solely the red card, with people using blue card just once. Infact 2 card system is probably just a clever way to protect their methods really. Since i don't see why it theoretically couldn't be 1.

Anyway that's enough speculation but this is as good as of a method you can expect really. A magic DS-like solution won't happen..

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian why do you keep posting at all in regards to this? Your posts are always just your own incorrect assumptions based on nothing. It's probably giving a misleading impression to readers (and most people come here first for this info) when high postcount members are just making shit up. Of course they are running code on the 3DS itself. It's irrelevant anyway because there's no reason to let anyone else do it when they have a propitiatory flashcard..

Some of you are being a bit naive about homebrew/piracy link.. however even if they were involved, you do realize there is more coders out there than yellows8/neimod that are capable of this? Not sure why anyone is for some reason assuming this team is incompetent just because they (obviously!) don't post progress or technical details. There's always a lot more devs talking/working on things together behind the scenes, just keep that in mind.

To some guy a few pages ago, I had a similar thought about the possibility that the blue card is breaking out of the DS mode as it's exploit. But it seems a bit coincidental that it's 4.5 it works on? And to be honest you'd think that route would have been explored entirely long ago if it was possible or not. Maybe it does something weird in switching DS/3DS mode but it seems like savegame is involved somewhere. .

And as someone else said, i also think you run the blue card once and it stays in memory, so it doesn't need to modify filesystem.. and maybe it's intentional or not; but it makes it harder to for potential clones of solely the red card, with people using blue card just once. Infact 2 card system is probably just a clever way to protect their methods really. Since i don't see why it theoretically couldn't be 1.

Anyway that's enough speculation but this is as good as of a method you can expect really. A magic DS-like solution won't happen..

Lol I read your entire comment in a Steve Castle voice. xD

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I owned a major electronic dealer, like a Best Buy, I would cut the price of the XL units by 15 dollars. You've gotta think that Gateway will lead to the sale of thousands of units within a short period of time. And if a retail chain gives a solid ten or fifteen dollar discount for the XL's I could see them getting the majority of these purchases (you could do the same for standard size 3DS units too).

Anyways does anyone think an XL discount will come before Thanksgiving season hits?

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I owned a major electronic dealer, like a Best Buy, I would cut the price of the XL units by 15 dollars. You've gotta think that Gateway will lead to the sale of thousands of units within a short period of time. And if a retail chain gives a solid ten or fifteen dollar discount for the XL's I could see them getting the majority of these purchases (you could do the same for standard size 3DS units too).

Anyways does anyone think an XL discount will come before Thanksgiving season hits?

They're are XL deals every week. Literally. You just have to look extremely well. Heres a link to a site I go to where the community find the best games/consoles/whatever cheaper and find the best deals for everything. They even teach you good techniques when buying shit.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's actually not expensive at all. For a first generation cartridge, they used to cost somewhere between $100-$200 easily. As they may be the first actual team to have a manufacturable cart, they have the right to set their own prices. And for the cost of two games, you actually get a lot more out of it. If one game is all that it takes to stop you, you might as well just purchase Ace Attorney.

Actually, it's not that simple. Dual Destinies is an eShop-only game yet to be released (that is, it will require a firmware greater than 6.1 when it is released, for the sole fact you need to be online to buy it), most likely making it incompatible with using a Gateway.

Vengenceonu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's not that simple. Dual Destinies is an eShop-only game yet to be released (that is, it will require a firmware greater than 6.1 when it is released, for the sole fact you need to be online to buy it), most likely making it incompatible with using a Gateway.

HOLD IT!.... why dont you just buy a new 3DS to play it XD

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Just forget the idea of generations for carts it's not even relevant anymore really. If people reverse the cart, then it quite likely won't even need any extra hardware. This hardware will be worth it imo, because there's a lot of potential as development continues.. firmware modifications allowing 4.5 to play higher fw games, region-free, exploits for newer firmwares. It can be upgraded obviously so all this is possible theoretically, and it will be exclusive to the cart.

Even if another Western team develops a similar cart separately (can't see it happening) it probably won't be much cheaper. Just forget the DS because it's more like PS3 if anything, in whats required.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm canceling my Gateway. 4.5 was ages ago, and most of us have had to have updated to 5x to buy Zelda, fire emblem dlc, or a system transfer.

I don't get why it was considered news that the gateway was blocked on 6x, when it's been blocked for months on 5x.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I posted a clarification, I never said they were not doing anything custom in regards to the cart running. Obviously it's not 1:1 since it's using a MicroSD and shit, I was talking about granting users the ability to run unsigned code. That has never been mentioned, only ROMs.

Your average flash cart team's updates barely manages to pass almost-monthly whitelist checks. There is no reason to assume that something to this degree will be recreated and that the existing design will be updatable.

"Well this is different" - As was the save exploit for DSi-mode. Wait, no. When that died it died for good and never came back.

This is why people should assume that the current model will not work with >4.5.x and should wait if their 3DS is above that.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/temp-should-i-update-to-5-x.346508/

And as someone else said, i also think you run the blue card once and it stays in memory
[...]
Anyway that's enough speculation
Rydian why do you keep posting at all in regards to this? Your posts are always just your own incorrect assumptions based on nothing.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice