Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
This logic makes perfect sense, and carrying around microSD cards is alot less space-consuming than game carts.

i like your thinking..that's true :D

Yeah, because you can't download games digitally from the eShop? This is not an excuse.

but you have to pay big money and SD cards are A LOT cheaper xD

the micro sd's are probably just as expensive as the official games

i don't think so! ;)

Reactions: signz

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait wait wait here the pic from the first post
TSbpoat.png

now do you see what that says "before the game manager was finished" does that mean there is a game manger and we wont need a bunch of sd cards

edit somewhat ninjaed :ninja:

edit 2: from ps3crunch
the solution for a game manager on a 1:1 card is a very simple one, you just have a DS mode manager homebrew app that will re partition either an internal built in flash chip or the micro SD and copy the rom over on the new partition after it is re formatted ,if the card has a built in flash that is the max size of current 3ds carts , you just switch to DS mode to use the manager and load a new rom, then you dont have to have a PC to change the roms all the time
assuming you can fit a dual ds/3ds mode card in the housing

ace3ds was on the right track

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry if someone asked this already or if it was answered, but can the region lock be bypassed with this?

EDIT: NVM, I just saw the first post, I'm an idiot.

No you're NOT! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Hey Hey Hey, by the way,
if enyone doesnt know, 3DS Chip decapping fundraiser is oveeer they collected $2000.10 woohoo!
:hrth:

p.s. that 10 dollars extra is for coffee xD

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One site has it up for preorder for $60. Wonder if that's at all indicative of the actual price?

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm holding out on this for as long as it takes. If they'd let me dump my own games then I'd be more inclined to get one, I used cfw on my psp to make dumps of my own stuff there. if I can do the same here, I'll get one. Also one per sd card? Dumb as hell. They _should_ be allowing you tohave _multiple_ roms per partition. By doing so, you should be able to have multiple partitions on the microsd card. And it could have the first partition of x size that says "rom a is of size x and starts at lba address of y, rom b is of size z and starts at lba address size zz" that'd be a much better system and the console would likely only be looking at those partitions in that area to make sure it has the data in the places it expects. The card could just move the initial offset to allow for more than one per card.

Edit: They should be doing that if they have the hardware to imitate it, also I hope the supercard team gets wind of this and reverse engineers it. Their card has made me very happy to use. Anyway obviously everything I've said is based on here say and other such things that I've read on this thread and thus it may be entirely wrong and I have no way to verify it but I'm going off of basic logic when dealing with the trickery I imagine the thing is doing. It would know that data and pretend anything otuside of it doesn't exist.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Actually, as I believe I've said ~15 pages back, it does help hackers, if only by giving easier access to games they could search for exploits. Instead of having to buy all games to check for exploitable bugs, they spare not only money (allowing smaller hack teams to be effective), but also time and effort (locating out-of-print games or outdated versions not available anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol