Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickcris

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some more eye candy to think about. If it were a physical copy of the game, there should be a notch on the right corner of the cartridge as appears on the 3DS menu. Pay attention to the menu when she loads Luigi's Mansion. The icon has no little notch indicating a 3DS cartridge, thus showing that it might be a downloaded eShop purchase.
I just loaded up mine and I cannot see the notch when the green selection box is over it. Also you can see the box go from empty to a game icon when the card is inserted for resident evil and mario.

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just loaded up mine and I cannot see the notch when the green selection box is over it. Also you can see the box go from empty to a game icon when the card is inserted for resident evil and mario.

I second that; If you have the card selected; a green box hovers over the game icon and you can not see the "Notch" anymore.

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Interesting, thanks for letting me know! :)

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

place holder for big comment before idiots spam just crap about what posts are going to be about

Finally this materialized

it is indeed not a fake but all the hardware you want for this has yet to be shown

ideally what this card does is make the Game Chip a Micro SD card
the card will have to be formatted correctly and the right size (eg. you will need, 512mb,1GB,2GB,4GB cards)
each card can only hold 1 rom at a time, as it takes up the whole space of the card
surely you get the point here of whats its doing

the next thing is Save Data
as you can see in the video there is only 1 save chip and thats built in, so if you change the game MicroSD without backing up and Dumping the Save data with a Save tool BYE BYE save
as it is wiped as the game recognizes it as corrupt so deletes it
so they will either have to provide a method of extracting/dumping the save or you get a R4i Save Dongle or something that does the job

basically this is a 1:1 clone sort of deal so only 1 at a time, no homebrew, no mods, no save tweaks

Nintendo will most likely just block this with an update to check the game Chip ID and then fail to boot it

enjoy :D
but this is a sole piracy deal here

and pong knows his stuff

Unagi

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong doesn't exactly know everything, while he presents a decent case, we can't just take his word head on.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pong said what we've saying since this was announced

so yeah, not taking his word

btw, mine was an ironic "yep"

rharesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
why are there people trying to prove that its fake, when they have a video evidence of loading a microsd card in the cart and inserting it in 3ds, moreover if its a downloaded game from eshop tell me how the heck did they get it on microsd so that we dont need a flashcart we can use the same files to boot from our sd card...

Comon guys take a break wait for 2 weeks and we will know it.. anyways i will be the one ordering this for sure.. and for an update they have said that they are working on a game manager which will load games directly from micro sd card so one game per sd is ruled out....

rharesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
it was sarcasm...I'm just making fun of the fact that everyone thinks they know exactly how the 3DS and this UNRELEASED card work, when the only thing we know is that if you shove it into your urethra, it will probably hurt.

Ha ha.. agreed :D

Unagi

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are there people trying to prove that its fake, when they have a video evidence of loading a microsd card in the cart and inserting it in 3ds, moreover if its a downloaded game from eshop tell me how the heck did they get it on microsd so that we dont need a flashcart we can use the same files to boot from our sd card...

Comon guys take a break wait for 2 weeks and we will know it.. anyways i will be the one ordering this for sure.. and for an update they have said that they are working on a game manager which will load games directly from micro sd card so one game per sd is ruled out....

Just a thought, you clearly haven't been around long enough to realize that some of these teams come up with very elaborate ways to make something look legitimate. :P A lot of people tend to get suspicious for that very reason. Hence, sites like these tend to try and look at things from every absurd angle to try and figure out what part is a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...