Hacking Gateway 3DS - First 3DS flash card?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hate to have to carry around separate micro SD cards for different games. Rather just buy them at that point

AgentChet

Trunks, The Man.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hate to have to carry around separate micro SD cards for different games. Rather just buy them at that point

Umm; It would be the same as carrying around all the 3DS carts. UNLESS you buy them through the e-shop; which you cant get a refund nor resell on ebay as you could the original physical card.

So Yea...

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have to say is

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Reactions: str8mjed and signz

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know that will give some of your lesser hardware equipped hackers, a tool to "test" code directly onto a 3DS .

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well this is confirmed real, BUT I just would rather not read through the 27 pages since most of the people will be whinning about wanting to 'back up' their own games. Yes I know there are some people who are like that, but this flashcart is nothing but a piracy tool since you have to have a couple of Micro SD cards per each game. I'm not going to act like a hypocrite and say I'm not going to use it, but this flashcart ain't getting my money until it can run an OS just like other flashcarts or I'll wait for a CFW solution or Wii-like homebrew.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Umm; It would be the same as carrying around all the 3DS carts. UNLESS you buy them through the e-shop; which you cant get a refund nor resell on ebay as you could the original physical card.

So Yea...

I wouldn't mind if I couldn't resell my games if they did more sales on eShop like on PS3 and Steam and then get them on some kind of account so I wouldn't need to call nintendo if something happens to my 3DS. Atleast Nintendo took hint that players actually want to carry their games on single card which seems to be reason people still want these kind of flashcards as digital is 45€ and fysical is 20-50€ new and second hand is cheaper.

If nintendo would realise this then interest for these kind of flashcards would decrease to some degree. That and removing region lock entirely.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind if I couldn't resell my games if they did more sales on eShop like on PS3 and Steam and then get them on some kind of account so I wouldn't need to call nintendo if something happens to my 3DS. Atleast Nintendo took hint that players actually want to carry their games on single card which seems to be reason people still want these kind of flashcards as digital is 45€ and fysical is 20-50€ new and second hand is cheaper.

It won't make a difference whatsoever if anyone is willing to buy this flashcart since you'll be carrying multiple micro SDs unless that changes and they code some sort of a game manager that can run multiple games.

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, talk about unappreciative. So many posts whining about carrying around a few micro SD cards... Disappointing. I really wish the chip was the big and bulky thing that were the first flash carts for the DS: huge, blocky, big like the Action Replay, and with a tedious as fuck procedure to change games out. I remember those going for like a hundred plus, and here we are whining about things like carrying Micro SD cards.

EDIT: I've also been in touch with some of my other retailers and most of the bigger name ones said that the device is genuine and that Gateway's team has been in touch with them.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem here isn't only about carrying multiple micro SD, it's also whether it can be easily blocked through a firmware update and people will end up being stuck with the disability to play newer games i.e PSJailbreak if anyone remembers that dongle. It got blocked by Sony in the next firmware update and people were stuck on 3.41 until the CFW came out.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
is the msd thing still an issue, 27 pages in?

bluemsd.JPG

that thing is the size of a CC and holds 11 msd cards (if you count the one in the adapter). that is just one example of a case idea. how is carrying that in your pocket a big deal? people will find the smallest things to complain about.

-another world

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem here isn't only about carrying multiple micro SD, it's also whether it can be easily blocked through a firmware update and people will end up being stuck with the disability to play newer games i.e PSJailbreak if anyone remembers that dongle. It got blocked by Sony in the next firmware update and people were stuck on 3.41 until the CFW came out.

Oh yeah I totally hear you. And I understand those claims as well. Its more of a waiting game now, which people just don't choose to understand, lol. Bickering isn't gonna solve anything lol!

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
place holder for big comment before idiots spam just crap about what posts are going to be about

Finally this materialized

it is indeed not a fake but all the hardware you want for this has yet to be shown

ideally what this card does is make the Game Chip a Micro SD card
the card will have to be formatted correctly and the right size (eg. you will need, 512mb,1GB,2GB,4GB cards)
each card can only hold 1 rom at a time, as it takes up the whole space of the card
surely you get the point here of whats its doing

the next thing is Save Data
as you can see in the video there is only 1 save chip and thats built in, so if you change the game MicroSD without backing up and Dumping the Save data with a Save tool BYE BYE save
as it is wiped as the game recognizes it as corrupt so deletes it
so they will either have to provide a method of extracting/dumping the save or you get a R4i Save Dongle or something that does the job

basically this is a 1:1 clone sort of deal so only 1 at a time, no homebrew, no mods, no save tweaks

Nintendo will most likely just block this with an update to check the game Chip ID and then fail to boot it

enjoy :D
but this is a sole piracy deal here
1.so 1 bad sector and the card is useless ?
2.there is no need to do something like needing the right size because the size is never exact the same see 1. + writing the size on the sd and limiting it on the card is so simple it need about 2 min to write that code.
3. why should they write the saves to an internal chip it is easier to write them to the sd because http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Gamecards

9 DAT0 Bidirectional data bus.
10 DAT1 Bidirectional data bus.
11 DAT2 Bidirectional data bus.
12 DAT3 Bidirectional data bus.
13 DAT4 Bidirectional data bus / pin NC/SIO3 on savegame chip.
14 DAT5 Bidirectional data bus / pin WP#/SIO2 on savegame chip.
15 DAT6 Bidirectional data bus / pin SO/SIO1 on savegame chip.
16 DAT7 Bidirectional data bus / pin SI/SIO0 on savegame chip.
as you see the save and the rom data can not be accessed at the same time.

--> fake or wrong info

Reactions: raulpica

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It won't make a difference whatsoever if anyone is willing to buy this flashcart since you'll be carrying multiple micro SDs unless that changes and they code some sort of a game manager that can run multiple games.

It can't cuz they haven't broke the 3DS OS security. They're just tricking the 3DS into thinking is the real game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...